Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All,

I am trying to find out the average weight loss for most people in their 1st 4-6 months. August 16th I will be 5 months out and to date I have lost 83lbs. My ultimate goal is 150lbs. I wondering how long I take or took most to reach that goal?

Be careful comparing your rate of loss to others...you may be setting yourself up for a letdown. For a multitude of various reasons, everyone loses at a different pace. My wife would beat herself up for not matching my numbers, when in reality, she has done phenomenal...just not as rapid in her early stages as she would have liked.

It looks like you are doing awesome...83 lbs. in five months is great!

Good luck on your continued success! :)

Are you gloating?

Congratulations!

@@Who Dat 70461, I am not comparing. I was just wondering how each individuals progress differs. I see a varying range in how each of us loss but was trying to get a compile view of the differences. I think my weight is coming off but just want to see how others are doing.

@@BladeFox, no gloating here! Just trying to educate myself on this thing called the sleeve:)

Don't look at lbs lost but at % of weight you want/need to lose, if you need to compare this is a fairer way to do it.

Thanks @@UK Cathy. I am not comparing just analyzing data. I just wanted to see the differences in each person.

I started pre operation diet at 520 on June 4th Operation June 18th at 480 and today at 425. total 95 pounds but I have a lot more weight to lose than most humans. I am very happy even though my weight loss is slowing down.

I started pre operation diet at 520 on June 4th Operation June 18th at 480 and today at 425. total 95 pounds but I have a lot more weight to lose than most humans. I am very happy even though my weight loss is slowing down.

That's outstanding....

I started my supervised weightloss program weighing 356 lbs (highest ever smh), the Tuesday morning of my surgery I was at 313 lbs. That Thursday when I was discharged I was at 327 lbs (darn IV fluids lol). This morning (8/5) I weighed in at 305.8

@@HEARTonmySLEEVE2014, that is so great!

I started my supervised weightloss program weighing 356 lbs (highest ever smh), the Tuesday morning of my surgery I was at 313 lbs. That Thursday when I was discharged I was at 327 lbs (darn IV fluids lol). This morning (8/5) I weighed in at 305.8

Be careful comparing your rate of loss to others...you may be setting yourself up for a letdown. For a multitude of various reasons, everyone loses at a different pace. My wife would beat herself up for not matching my numbers, when in reality, she has done phenomenal...just not as rapid in her early stages as she would have liked.

It looks like you are doing awesome...83 lbs. in five months is great!

Good luck on your continued success! :)

WhoDat,

Just seeing your profile next to your post is an inspiration to me. I am pre-op for GS and it looks like you are very similar to my condition. I am at ~332lb and would love to get down to around 220. It looks like you did it, so I know it can be done.

I think everyone is going to be a little different as to how much and how soon the weight comes off. I have been losing at a pretty good rate so far but my nutritionist told me to expect it to slow down at some point. The Dr. told me well ahead of the surgery to expect about 70% of my overage to be lost the first year, and then slowly after that.

Here's some average weight-loss data I googled up: http://www.tylerbariatrics.com/weight-loss.htm

As everyone has said, if you're above/below average that means nothing against your overall success!

Peace be with you!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

Here's some average weight-loss data I googled up: http://www.tylerbariatrics.com/weight-loss.htm As everyone has said, if you're above/below average that means nothing against your overall success! Peace be with you!

Thanks for the great link!

Here's some average weight-loss data I googled up: http://www.tylerbariatrics.com/weight-loss.htm As everyone has said, if you're above/below average that means nothing against your overall success! Peace be with you!

This is great!