Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slipped Band

Has anyone ever had a slipped band? I had a stick on Friday, August 1, 2014 and it made me really sick...have been eating mushy food the last few days...but haven't been able to eat a lot. I have alittle pressure at night when I laid down. Today I tried to eat alittle more food and could only eat a few mouth fuls...do you think its a slip or maybe I am getting close to Green? Just was wondering if I should wait another day before calling the office again. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

@@Mikee57 nope give the Dr. a call today. You have probably cause a bit of significant swelling in the stoma and may need to have some fill removed, but let the doctor check your band and make that determination.

The best thing to do after a stuck episode is to go to liquids for a few meals to allow any trauma to the stomach and esophagus to heal and swelling to go down. 3 days is long enough to wait and if you are having pressure when lying down and/or sleeping it is time for a call and possibly visit to the Dr.

Go to liquids and make the call my friend.

You know if it didn't get better to contact your Surgeon , to make sure , I guess I didn't help , so PLEASE call and see if maybe they can do a fluro or barium swallow check to see , hopefully your not to filled, hope everything gets better & you are o k.

thanks Lisa and Debbie...I went back to the clinic and they did take out 0.5 cc that is what was put in last time...was a lot of swelling and was told if it stay irrated I will have to go in for more. but just that amount has stopped the stabbing pains and relieved the pressure lost 7.5 lbs since July 17th so she said that wasn't good...so had Soup for lunch staying on liquids until tomorrow night!!!

Well at least you didn't wait till it got REAL bad and you did the right thing by going to your Doctor , I am so glad you are feeling better .

Everyone is different. When I have a stuck episode it takes at least 1 week to get back to normal. I guess I'm very sensitive and really swell up. And to top it off, I always get really bad acid reflux. I have to go 1 or 2 days just taking liquids like Water, Soups etc. then another 2 days just mushy foods. And so on. I find that after 1 week I am fully recovered, and believe me, that is enough to remind me to take small bites and chew chew chew.

@Mikee57 How are you feeling now?

PuraVida37 once she took out merely .5 cc's the relief was awesome...stayed on liquids for another two days and was feeling wonderful. She told me to still make my appt on the 18th and she would put it back in but no more...so am staying really careful on what I eat. thank you for asking sweetie that was so nice of you!

@@Mikee57 Glad to hear you're doing well! That's what we all like to hear.