Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody. I'm only about 4 days out. Had my surg tues July 29. I am struggling. The clear liquid thing is killing me. I only have to do it til aug 6 but it's really hard. I have a ton of Isopure drinks but I cannot stomach them. I know I'm not getting anywhere near my Protein and I'm finding Water hard to get down. I'm really upset that I can't eat. I know this is what I asked for and in the back of my mind I know it will get better. I guess what I'm really wanting is for some support and someone to tell me they have been where I am. I actually cried yesterday, I don't really have anyone to talk to so any advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Don't cry one day at a time. It does vet easier I was in pain for all of 5 weeks and pain here and there after from hernia repairs he did as well. But I pretty much had sf popsicles and Jello then super hot chicken broth from bouillon cubes or a packet not the pourable stuff that's horrible. Good luck the first week is hard just try and drink and when ur up and walking around sip some broth or grab a jello cup. It's hard to get any Protein in the first couple weeks I wasn't even hungry and had no urge to eat.

Please try and be strong.You don't have to cry just because you are struggling with the liquids. Take it easy and drink very little at one time and keep repeating.It is going to take time for you to settle down,just be brave and follow the instructions given by your doctor.Good Luck.

I tried the Isopur drinks too & poured them out. Fortunately I only bought 3. I had to take an antibiotic that made me very nauseated. I bought powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth. It settled my stomach & I got in some of my Protein allotment. You can only use hot Water that doesn't exceed 140 degrees because the powder will lump. I suggest you use whatever blender you have to mix the Water & powder. I used a wisk & I had lumps. I have the small Ninja & it works well.

Believe me, it gets easier. I'm 11 weeks out & very happy I had the Sleeve surgery. I'm wearing clothes that haven't seen the light of day in 3 or 4 years. I've already filled a trash bag with clothes to big to wear & sent it to Goodwill. Yay!!

Cry if you need to! I know I did and it helped. I had severe nausea and couldn't even think about getting my Protein in for the first month. I concentrated on staying hydrated because everything I drank hurt or made me nauseated. I lived on G2 and crystal lite and sf Jello because anything cold hurt. Try tea, chicken broth, and water/crystal lite at room temp. It might help, don't be too hard on yourself and it does get easier, one day at a time! Hang in there *hugs from NY*

Hang in there. Remember every day will get better.

You are going to be fine :-) I literally felt like so was killing myself once I got home from the hospital an wanted absolutely nothing to do with food or drinking. It was a chore for sure to drink and do anything. I cried a few times myself and wondered if I made a huge mistake. I was getting dehydrated because I couldn't drink much or just didn't want it. But I pushed through and did what I could. I was role for the first 2 weeks to not even stress about the Protein it's basically impossible that early to get it all in cuz you are healing and swollen. Just rest and try your best to stay hydrated. I promise at 4 weeks it's a turning point for most. It was for me. Once I got passed purée food it was even better. Hang in tree and take it one day at a time one day I promise you will feel " normal" again.

I had my surgery the same day as you, and I'm surviving on ice chips, Gatorade, and Popsicles. I think frozen stuff goes down the easiest for me. I feel tired very easily, and sore. I think what you're going through is totally normal. It feels weird and it hurts, but it'll get better soon. I really believe that. Hang in there!

Hi there. I know a lot of people tell you don't cry, and I hate that you are sad, but sometimes a good cry is therapeutic for your mind / body / spirit. I got sleeved Monday and I used the little medicine cups that you get for Nyquil to portion out some of my first liquids. Don't feel in such a rush to get too heavily into the Protein if it is upsetting your tummy. There are a couple great things about having all this extra padding that we do

1) our bones are way more dense from all the extra work ( usually ) and therefor have some great storage of important things we need

2) we are obviously filled with an excess (fantastic for this period) amount of long term energy stores - so while your head might think "I'm going to starve" you won't.

You are never alone!

My stomach was fine..it was spasms from the hernia he fixed. Every sip I took felt like a heart attack. It took a wk for it to go away.my internists gave me a script for lidocaine. ..yes it's liquid an same stuff penthouse it will numb whole mouth so u have to bypass an put as far back into throat before u swallow an it will numb all the way down..by the time I got the script the pain was almost gone...ask ur Dr about it. But seriously I'm 3 wks out an I still can only get about 4 or 5 bites at one sitting so I'm eating about every 2 hrs or so...an for the first wk I barely got liquid Down..I didn't meet all requirements either...it does get better!! Believe me...I'm feeling really good except for fatigue in afternoon I use all energy in morning then drag butt rest of day...still only getn less then 700 cal daily...40 pds down 3 wks...it works!! (((Hugs)))