Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm also pretty new to this. I have gone to a seminar, had my initial consult with the surgeon, psych eval, pcp labs/letter and 3 nutritionist apps. I have my last appt with the nutritionist the end of August and then I see the doc again to get things moving.

Feels like it has already been forever.

Hi jenn. Im not too far along. I still feel like a newbie to the journey. Im looking to have my surgery in November or December.

Same here the doc figures it will be nov/dec but I am hoping its oct cause of my job

Hi Jenn!

I'm in the beginning of the process too! I've completed my psych eval and the NUT visits and I go see the surgeon for the second time on Aug 13. I have my fingers crossed that I will get a surgery date then and that it will be sometime in August. This is a great site! There is so much support and information here. I'm so happy you reached out. I'd like to add you to my friend's list if that's okay!

Best of luck,

Carol

Sorry you had such an issue kyrickchick... Couple of comments to make..1) I would not go back to that Dr! If they dont make you feel confident in being a priority on the initial visit when they should be on their best behavior so you choose to do business with them - how do you think they are going to be once you have actually layed money down? As a concumer - and thats what all of us are - we have the right to be treated like our business means something to them. Not just like another piece of meat or an inconvienance. Doesnt put a lot of faith in them taking their time to make sure things are done right???

2) Why the lapband? I know we are not really supposed to push 1 surgery over another - but I have read sooooo many posts about the band having to be removed and surgeries having to be revised. It could takes months before they even get the band to the right "settings" where you get to reap the benefits of it?? Most doctors are moving away from the bands all together....Also think you should go to youtube and watch a band removal video...I am sure you have done lots of research about all your options - I just am concerned because I dont want to see anyone not get the results they dream of. So banders please dont beat me up too bad!

Wow! all this talk about appointments with the surgeon! I kinda feel left out. I don't get an appointment with the surgeon until after I get insurance approval. However, the nurse practitioner that I see is amazing! I did meet the surgeon that will be doing my surgery at the seminar and got to talk with him afterwards. I really felt comfortable with him. He must have stayed an hour or more afterwards to answer questions and the last 45 minutes with just my husband and I. I knew that this was what I wanted to do but found out later that my husband wasn't quite sure. After talking with Dr. Carpenter, he's 100% in support of this. Writing all this makes me realize just how blessed I am!

Ive only met with my surgeon once and that was to get the ball rolling on my appointments. I won't have to see him again till after I finish all my appointments. I was told by a rep from my doctors office that I might not have to wait till November or December for the surgery.

Sorry you had such an issue kyrickchick... Couple of comments to make..1) I would not go back to that Dr! If they dont make you feel confident in being a priority on the initial visit when they should be on their best behavior so you choose to do business with them - how do you think they are going to be once you have actually layed money down? As a concumer - and thats what all of us are - we have the right to be treated like our business means something to them. Not just like another piece of meat or an inconvienance. Doesnt put a lot of faith in them taking their time to make sure things are done right???

2) Why the lapband? I know we are not really supposed to push 1 surgery over another - but I have read sooooo many posts about the band having to be removed and surgeries having to be revised. It could takes months before they even get the band to the right "settings" where you get to reap the benefits of it?? Most doctors are moving away from the bands all together....Also think you should go to youtube and watch a band removal video...I am sure you have done lots of research about all your options - I just am concerned because I dont want to see anyone not get the results they dream of. So banders please dont beat me up too bad!

I agree and I have contacted another dr ofc today. I'm just pissed that it was a wasted 50.00.

I'm feeling a bit alone myself, I'm on the final stretch of my two week fast, my surgery is 8-7-14 It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be to be on an all liquid diet! If I can help out with questions let me know !:)

I'm new too! I have my first dr visit on August 25th. My insurance requires 6 months of dieting and weight tracing. I started that in May. Would love to have surgery end of Oct or first of Nov. I'm in Georgia.

I'm new too! I have my first dr visit on August 25th. My insurance requires 6 months of dieting and weight tracing. I started that in May. Would love to have surgery end of Oct or first of Nov. I'm in Georgia.

Looks like we'll be having surgery around the same time :) I'm in Arizona

I found a new doctor that I absolutely LOVE yay! paperwork completed waiting for the call for appointment. Now to figure which I'm gonna do. I'm thinking sleeve. Hope they call soon

That's awesome... Makes a huge difference when you are comfortable with the doctor/office.

Can anyone tell me how the setup a friend on this website. I don't know how it works or how to do it

If you're on the mobile app then you need to hit the menu button and a choice will come up saying view in browser hit that then click on the persons name and click friend and you're done