Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting more and more frustrated. I had surgery 5/12 my hw was 267 and I am currently 232. I'm feeling so discouraged and im wondering maybe my slow loss is due to what I'm eating or not eating. Can you guys help me out please, any ideas and tips are helpful & I'd really appreciate it :). I'm also going to the gym a minimum of 2 times a week sometimes 4. Thanks everyone #

Oh don't be discouraged! I was sleeved May 12th and have lost 39 lbs. And am pleased. You are not only losing pounds but inches also ! This is good! Life is good ! We have been given a new chance ! :-)

First of all, 35 pounds is not a slow loss....Thats about what I had lost at 3 months out and I was thrilled. As for what to eat......Protein, Protein, protein.... Protein Shakes, chicken, fish, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, pork, burger, ham, steak, eggs, Protein Bars, refried Beans, edamame, avocados, tuna fish, cheese, Unjury unflavored powder mixed in Soups and casseroles. If you are cleared for it, eat plenty of non-carby veggies (after your protein) ....kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, carrots, etc. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of Water (minimum 64oz) and taking all your Vitamins.< /p>

Edited by Kindle

as long as the scale is trending down over time, there is no need for worry. do not fret about a pound or 2 up from a day ago or whatever minutia has got your head in a spin. the body loses weight in a stair step pattern. lose a little, level out, lose more, level out, etc. i dont believe in a 'stall' or a 'slow loser'. i think these terms just lead to people labeling themselves and getting into negative headspace. just keep doing what you're doing, as it appears to be working, right? don't compare to other people and their loss pace. each is different. remember that slow, steady weightloss is better for your body overall. we tend to lose the most in the first few months, and then we slow down a bit. losing 1-2 lbs a week is a reasonable goal. this is not an instant thing. remember to look at the overall picture.

I think you are doing quite well. I was sleeved on 5/12/14 also. I'm down 42 lbs but I do this "stair step" thing too. I think a slower weight loss is better for your body & your skin in particular. I'm a bit concerned about my skin sagging.

I'm a few weeks behind you and at 33. I think you are right on schedule. Its HARD seeing people 4 months out that lost 80 pounds or something, I know its not going to be me! But I think thats rare. Your doing just fine.

At two months, I was down 34 pounds. All of those little losses add up over time. Keep plugging away.

I think you are doing quite well. I was sleeved on 5/12/14 also. I'm down 42 lbs but I do this "stair step" thing too. I think a slower weight loss is better for your body & your skin in particular. I'm a bit concerned about my skin sagging.

In regards to the skin sagging (or stretching), I've heard that using a lotion with Vitamin E helps, especially since it's supposed to be good for skin elasticity. I might try it.

I agree with everyone on here, especially Kindle regarding what to eat. I was stuck on a certain weight loss for a while, until I went back to eating three meals per day and eating Protein first. Once I got back on track with my exercise, I started back to losing weight.

Good Luck on getting it right!

I agree with everyone on here, especially Kindle regarding what to eat. I was stuck on a certain weight loss for a while, until I went back to eating three meals per day and eating Protein first. Once I got back on track with my exercise, I started back to losing weight.

Good Luck on getting it right!

Okay that's good to know. That's what I am going to do. The hardest part of this surgery is that not only is my body changing but I have to constantly work on changing my mind and my outlook on food. Which is hard since I have a food addiction. This is when I wish I had gone through a counselling session pre op to get my mind ready for this humongous change. Thank you all for the advice it is very much appreciated :) :)

I have a hard time with eating Protein first a lot of the time because I get sick of meat, cheese and Beans. Ive easil stayed under 800 calories a day, but its a mixed bag on what it actually is. :/ I'm hoping at some point I get the extreme motivation to get back to just Protein shakes and meat, I'm sure I'll lose faster.

egg salad, Quest bars, string cheese, meatballs, rolled turkey deli meat, greek yogurt, pork loin, ALL great! i also have roasted veg and a whole grain cracker here and there, plus some fresh fruits now-watermelon and cantaloupe.

i am 5 wks out from surgery today and down 32 lbs, including pre op. I have slowed down but still feeling great. a good friend of mine had surgery at one of the biggest programs there is, and they were told that the first 30 lbs is always very fast, after that it becomes a little slower and requires a little more work...