Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please tell me the truth

I have a huge weakness for pizza its a big thing for me as well. I did have the toppong off one medium slice not long ago...im 2 mos post op. I also eat the weigh watcher smart ones thin crust onky maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of it. Theyre very small but helps the craving of it... i kind of want to not eat it much tho because old habits die hard and id just prefer stay away from the eal deal as much as possible lol

Yepper. I eat pizza with thin crust. Yummy.

I just eat the cheese off it. bread fills u up too fast

I can now. I had surgery in Feb 2013. I tried just eating the toppings, since the crust would sit like lead in my belly, but now I've discovered thin crust. Tonight I had thin crust with spinach, Tomato, and onion. It's about 200 calories and 7 grams of Protein, so not the best choice to meet my protein requirements, but I sure do love it! I usually have it once a week, and I look forward to it. I also make sure I make good, high protein low calorie choices all day prior. Even with the pizza, I've stayed under 1400 calories. This is my maintenance goal.

Susan

Susan

My brother has gastric bypass surgery 2 1/2 years ago he can eat anything just smaller portions. If he tries to eat alot he starts throwing up. He can even drink alcohol with no problems.

I've been drinking wine and gin-tonics starting at 2 months post-op (yeah I'm a bad boy). Haven't had any issues at all, other than a lower alcohol tolerance :)

I make pizza without the bread and I'm satisfied I spray non fat cooking oil in a pan lay out some cheese a little spaghetti as use and a couple pepperoni let it melt and bam I got my pizza lol

I use a low carb tortilla with a smidge of pizza quick. Low fat mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. I blot any oil after I cook it and I can eat about 1/2 a small tortilla. Pizza to me ;)

@@itsmekarenlee --- I've had pizza toppings -- I just scrape it all off the crust. After being off processed carbs for so long, they don't even taste good to me anymore. But the toppings and cheese and pizza sauce... yum!

Went out last night and as per usual I just scrape all the stuff off the top and leave the bread. Soooooo yummy

I've done all of the above.

Small slice of thin crust, just the toppings and making my own.

I like using Flatout low carb flatbread as a crust. They even have an Italian spiced one meant for pizza crust.

My surgery is December 1. ONE of my decision factors was that I have a friend who did the surgery 7 years ago.

Today he can eat ANYTHING he wants but in moderation. Yes, he will have pizza from time to time BUT he

typically has ONE piece and is satisfied.

What about some Pasta marinara? Pretty much the same? Being Italian, I may sink into a serious depression if I can't ever enjoy a small piece of pizza or a small plate of Pasta.< /p>

I had been wondering the same thing about pizza...if we can ever have. My friend is 4 months out, she has 1 slice. I then found all the Gastric Bypass recipes on pinterst. As others have commented, many do them on wonton wrappers or low carb torts. I'm still in pureed stage but once I get there, I know I'll use those alternatives

Had the bypass in March. Am having homemade pizza tonight. One slice is all I will have and then I will be full but soooo good.

I'm almost 2 years out, at goal. And I can eat a slice and a half. But I don't like the crust, so it probably equals one slice. No problem. So much easier to stop now.