Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, my everything has been submitted to my insurance and I'm just waiting hopefully for my approval. Getting more anxious about possible pain and complications. I figured there's no way it could be worse than 36 hours of labor and a botched csection,right? What's worse...csection or gastric bypass surgery or is the pain so different it's hard to compare?

This to me, was worse than a C-section and I didn't come home with a baby. LOL I am only on day 6 but I have quite a bit of pain still. Best of luck.

To me this was not nearly as bad as my c-section. Didn't need hardly any pain meds.

Everyone is different. I had an emergency csection, extra wide, with my twins. Pain meds don't work on me so I have to just deal with the pain as I'm doing now 3 days post op from rny.

Do you remember the tightness of muscles around the csection area? It's the same except mid section tightness instead of lower. Walking will help.

Good luck!

My RNY was surprisingly less pain then two other surgeries I had and I dumped most of my pain meds down the drain, unused. I was out of work for two weeks but felt good enough to go back after only one. By comparison my Rotator cuff surgery was the worst, being the most painful for the longest period of time. I expected my gallbladder removal to be a piece of cake but that was very painful also - I needed every drop of my pain meds after that one and thought I might need to ask for more but the pain tapered off after a week of misery.

Everyone is indeed different. Try not to worry too much. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. You may be surprised. :-)

Rny was by far the easiest surgery I have ever had and I was revised from band to bypass at same time.. Easier than 2 c-sections, hysterectomy, Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, boob job, lapband and an exploratory surgery. Rny I went home within 22 hours of surgery, only took pain meds for first 24 hours and was back to feeling almost normal within 36 hours. I walked an hour after waking in recovery and kept walking I think that was the key.. Oh that and I did a bowel prep day before surgery.. I read all the horror stories of not being able to have a bowel movement and I figured why go through that.

In reading this, everyone is different. I never had a c section, but I did have two natural births without any pain medication or anything. I would have them four times over as compared to what I have been dealing with.

Ditto ^

I would keep an open mind about what the pain will be like. Pain is subjective, so what you experience will be what you experience. I think the hospital and your surgeons approach to pain management can make the difference in how well your pain is managed. I was made extremely comfortable in the hospital after surgery. My pain was also well managed with Percocet at home post op, and I needed it for about a week and a half. I would avoid focusing on the possible negative things that could happen and the wonderful thing you are doing for yourself and your health. It's easy to get anxious on things during this process that you really can't predict. I was more concerned about whether or not I will come out of anesthesia (I did) and gave not a thought about the pain I would have post op. One shot of Versed in the OR right before surgery , and my worries disappeared.

The pain is definitely subjective. I had surgery on Monday and have not had pain meds since Tuesday. I am more uncomfortable than anything....my 2 cesections were so much easier than this :) but I know it will get better