Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else feel like they're always eating? I know I only eat about 850 calories a day, but they come in so many tiny meals, it just seems like I'm eating or having a shake about every two hours! I guess that's a good thing. But it's so funny, I thought my life was all about food before, but now it still is, just in such a different way! I certainly wouldn't go back, but it's just a bit funny I suppose.

I know exactly what you mean! I am the same - think more about food in a conscious way than ever before.

My husband eats one meal a day. At three months we were told to stop the shakes. I usually have yogurt for Breakfast. No lunches here. Tonight we will share a filet mignon and some green Beans. A piece of lowfat cheese if we get hungry during the day. I don't even cook anymore. I just try to keep certain things in the fridge to snack on if we get hungry. As you get further out you won't be doing so many mini meals. We are seriously trying to curtail the eating since it is now harder to lose weight. Good luck.

Early on, I felt the same way - I was either drinking a shake, drinking Water, fixing a meal, eating a meal (scrambled egg would take 20-25 minutes to eat). It became a chore.

That stopped about the 3 month mark.

Be patient!

I really miss the convenience of the Premier Protein shakes, but was told to stop shakes, back off Protein. Then I developed gout in my toes. Protein isn't good for gout. hair has fallen out like crazy. Honestly we are all so different with different rules and regulations. We have to find our niche.

It took months for my therapist to drill intuitive eating into my head. Then when I had surgery, I had to forget all about it. It seems like we're eating so much because we're so much more aware of what we're eating than we were before. I remember going to my therapist so frustrated in the second month because I felt like I was bingeing, even though I wasn't. We're told to eat all these mini meals even if we're not hungry, but that just doesn't work for some of us.

I'm 8 months out, and I usually have the same thing every day: scrambled egg whites with veggies and feta cheese for Breakfast, rarely do I have lunch and if I do its a non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and then for dinner I'll make up a batch of something on Sunday and eat it every dinner for a week. If I'm low in Protein for the day, I'll add in a yogurt at night. So it does get better over time.

Here's the beauty of it: if you feel you're eating too much, just don't snack as much. When I stopped snacking, I was able to get back to my intuitive eating and listening to my body. I think this is doubly important now that our bodies are sending us vastly different signals about what it needs, and in order for it to send those signals for you to recognize and analyze, you need to let it get to those points.

Sometimes I do feel like I'm eating too much (though my trainer, who knows about the surgery, is afraid my calories are too low, ha), but even with two Protein Shakes, I don't know how else to hit my Protein goals. I also can't imagine not drinking shakes anymore. I know some people get off them eventually, but I'm doing pretty serious weight lifting and I just don't know how else I could eat enough protein (even though I eat very protein dense foods). I think they say a gram of protein for every kilo you weight, so maybe when I weight way less...

Eating and drinking have been a chore for me. I rarely hit my Protein goal but when I do, it's because I consumed so many oz of liquid I was alternating Drink / eat/drink/eat. The gym has been a life saver for me. It's a ton of work, but it gives me plenty of energy, makes me thirsty and hungry for Protein.

But I do feel like my life revolves a round good now. And snacking has become a necessity.

I se to snack on cheese a lot every 3 hours sigh .. I seem to stay hungry going to talk to the dr on the 31 . I wish it took a long time to eat a egg but every thing goes down good no prob I use to get nausea but that past. .

I eat three meals and two Snacks a day currently (usually mid-morning/post exercise and mid-afternoon). I usually hit around 800 calories, and make my Protein goals most of the time now. But yes, it does seem like a lot of food at times.

And then I remind myself that a mid-afternoon snack used to be a bag of pretzels (grazed over the course of the afternoon) instead of the cheese stick it is now. And meals used to be a plate full of food that I polished off in no time instead of the 2-3 ounces of food it takes me 30 minutes or more to eat now. Seems strange to worry about eating enough and planning to make sure I take in enough calories, but it's better than the alternative :D

Whew! and I thought I was eating weird... It takes me so long to finish a shake that it is time to eat again when I finish...

Snacks are 1 string cheese, and dinner is a tiny portion of meat and maybe a vegetable, a V8 or some unsweetened applesauce. My Water jug is my constant companion and I have a hard time getting enough down every day.

I am on week 4 and at the dreaded 3 week stall but my clothing is getting looser so not too worried.

I was a grazer pre-surgery and I still am somewhat, although in MUCH smaller quantities. Also, because I'm going to the gym 4-5 a week, my nutritionist said to add 2 extra meals in there to make up for the calorie-deficit.

I only calculated my calories a couple days a few weeks back and I was eating 600-800 calories, which doesn't include the exercise. So my net calories was falling somewhere between 0-300 calories per day on exercise days, which was a bit low.

So I've added a few more Protein meals in there and some Snacks like cottage cheese or even a Protein Drink. I love eating every few hours because (so far) I always feel satisfied.

I am still eating too fast at times and am learning through negative reinforcement (sliming, blech!) that fast-eating ain't gonna happen anymore. I'm still working on it, but I loooove my sleeve!

I am eating every 2 hours something . Mainly sliced bell peppers and humus and carrots and avocado tuna with hard boiled egg muscle milk light and ISO pro cottage cheese and surger free pudding . That's my daily food I think it's a lot but it 4 oz every 2 hrs

post-218935-1409800513761_thumb.jpg post-218935-14098005275098_thumb.jpg post-218935-14098005400317_thumb.jpg post-218935-14098005508629_thumb.jpg

My evening dinners or every two hour eats lol muscle milk light 160 cal

2 avocado tuna egg salad Snacks total 400 something cal I think

2 watermelon 50 cal each x 2 = 100 cal

Bell pepper slices with carrots and string Beans with hummus not Sure the cal in take but if I where to guess 160 cal

Total for the night around 820 cal for the night plus my ISO pro right after the gym 920 cal now.

up from 700 a day .