Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my sleeve done 7/15/2014

So I finally did it. I backed out in March and April but finally went through with it 4 days ago. I am back home now and feeling pretty good. I had my surgery done at Stanford my Dr. Morton and his extensive team. My stay at the hospital was overall positive. I did get pretty frustrated with how long it took for them to clear my swallow test. Other than that it was a lot smoother then I expected. I was able to get up and start walking an hour after being put in my recovery room. I walked a lot. Probably too much but everyone told me how it would relieve gas pain and I got bored laying in bed all the time.

I ended up driving myself home 3 days after the surgery from Hayward to McKinleyville (around 320 miles). Not the smartest thing but I am pretty stubborn. I am sore but I am in a lot less pain then I thought I would be in. I am taking 1 regular vicodin every 6 hours. I am doing ok getting my Protein and liquids in my system. I am shocked I can eat as much as I can. I thought it would be like an ounce or two at first but I am able to eat a 5.3 ounce Greek yogurt in about 15 minutes.

Overall I feel really good and positive about the procedure and the recovery so far. My incision sites are leaking a little but nothing more than I think is normal. I think I am like 6 pounds down from my surgery date.

Congratulations!

Slow down on the intake of the yogurt. Try to stick to the 3-4 ounces you may overeat and have pain later

Charlie 707

CONGRATS to you! Glad you have such a positive outcome.

While it's ok to experiment later after you have healed, I would take it easy with the amounts while your surgery heals. Give yourself some time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches