Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your Wait....I'm still Waiting

How long was your wait...I finished all my testing, had my my EGD last week and still haven't heard anything nor received my followup appointment with my Dr. Am I to anxious, I thought I would have heard from my Dr office by now, I don't even know if they submitted my paperwork for approval or not...this wait has me very nervous.

My doctors submitted my paperwork to the insurance ASAP but I still had to wait 4 months for surgery due to the long waiting list for my surgeon but he was so worth the wait.

Thanks Cupcake, maybe I am anxious ???? :) My first appointment was June 4th, so I will be patient and wait on my Dr he is very busy also

I would give the Dr. office a call, you have nothing to lose. I have had paperwork misplaced. I am impatient also, but I think by now you should have an answer. Can you check the insurance company activity on line? I know I can access all of my BCBS info on line. Unfortunately in SC they don't pay for any bariatric surgery. Luckily I am eligible for medicare because of my MS and there isn't any pre authorization required. I was scheduled for 7/23 but just got a great new job working for an airline so I postponed it until 9/3 after vacation season is over...... I can't wait!! Good Luck!!

Oh yes BarbBC I do check it daily, I will call them tomorrow to get some more information

AStoot sounds like a plan keep us posted, and congrats on your choice to be healthy I know the time seems like forever once you have dedicated yourself to this life style changes but it is so worth it and I am only 8 weeks out.

Thanks Cupcake, maybe I am anxious dde0a :) My first appointment was June 4th, so I will be patient and wait on my Dr he is very busy also

Call the doctor office I found the person responsible for insurance submission didn't know I had met all requirements. I had to call her. And then she relayed info to surgery scheduler. In my doc office diff people do different things. So make sure you connect with them and not get lost in the shuffle

You were right, I called my Dr. office, who of course had to call me back. After speaking with my surgeon's nurse, she told me that they are still waiting results from the EGD but my Dr had some concerns with the results of my eco/stress test that was done June 20, my only question was why now, they could have called me when they first had a concern so I could get in touch with my cardiologist. So I had to call my cardiologist office to make them aware that I need a letter of consent for the surgery. my surgeon's nurse told me that once they receive the letter, they should have a surgery date for me within 5 days after. So now I have keep a close eye on if they really fax my cardiologist and when the cardiologist office sends the letter. Praying it all go smoothly so I will not have to stay on the phone asking everyday because I WILL DO IT :)

A.Stoot that's great follow up on the paperwork you can Aldo check with your insurance company once they say they submitted it to ensure they did, keep us posted you got this, your almost there next will be a surgery date .

Had my appointment yesterday, my Dr took all the saline out my band, and my paperwork has finally been submitted to BCBS ????

I initiated the appointment in April and my surgery is finally scheduled for August 12th. Every insurance has a set of hoops to jump through. Every time I met the requirements, they changed them. 1st was the BMI. Then it was 3-months of nutrition counseling + a psychological eval. The last time, they finally said I needed a recommendation from my pcp - regardless that I qualified for all of their previous requests. It truly takes all the patience you can muster!

They took the saline out of my band on April 16, 2014. I got approval a week ago today, and I'm waiting for my surgeon's nurse to call me back so I can set up a surgery date. The process wasn't bad at all, but the waiting... geez... it's not fun at all!

Thanks. ..ready to get this show on (I like that) ???? .....I am coming to terms that I am a bit excited and just need to be patient, when you come on the board and read about all the fast approvals it gets you even more excited without realizing that everybody, every insurance, and every Dr is different and I am one like many others who just have to wait and learn and educate ourselves so that we are beyond ready when we do receive that surgery date ????