Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homemade Cheese Crisps

Although I am in the pureed stages now, I am able to eat these because as soon as I chew it once, it turns to puree. <--chew with discretion, know yourself!

Homemade <a href=cheese Crisps (After Pic) puree" />

Homemade <a href=cheese Crisps (Before Pic) puree" />

Directions:
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large oven pan. tear/cut cheese into postage-stamp size pieces and space them at least an inch apart on the parchment paper. Add your favorite spices (black pepper, chopped onions, olives) and bake on 450 for less than five minutes.
Check every minute to see when it puffs up. The moment it does, it will turn brown in the next minute. Grab it and place it in the fridge to cool and preserve the 'bubble'. When it settles, it will be crispy.
Store in the fridge or in the freezer in ziploc bags for a quick snack. It will defrost in less than an hour for traveling Protein.

Sounds delish! Will try! Thank u!

That is really interesting, will have to try it. TY

What kind of cheese are you using? Just wondering what works best :D I love cheese, and these sound right up my alley.

I've made it with many different kinds. Each one will look slightly different, but always predictably Delicious.

I do a similar thing; I make Parmesean cheese Tuile [i think that's how it's spelled].

Baking pan; parchment paper.

I gently toss a bunch of shredded parmesean cheese (maybe 2 cups or slightly less) with whatever herbs I want: fresh parsley flakes, a little pepper, and 1/2 Sweet & Low (optional).

I spread that mixture out on the parchment paper; maybe top with more parsley for color.

Bake in the over slowly, at maybe 350. Keeping an eye on it.

When it turns a golden brown (~15-20 minutes), remove from oven. Let cool some, then break it up into shards.

So it's like Parmesean cheese chips. You get protein; no carbs. Salty flavor. Crunch.

As above, you can store them in a baggie, etc., and snack on them prn (as needed).

You can also put these cheese shards as a garnish for your honey and family and friends. Stick it atop their mashed potatoes, on a salad or whatever.

In which week can we eat these?

I'm in the purees stage now and I'm chewing it - it turns to puree instantly in my mouth.

I get pinto Beans in my pureed stage. May have to make along with my beans so I feel like I get "beans and cheese"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches