Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anybody know of a good appetite suppressant? I have to lose 23lbs before I can even submit my paperwork and I'm having a hard time dieting! Hello if I could lose that kind if weight I wouldn't need this surgery! I'm trying to do 2 shakes a day but I'm starving all the time! help!

Does anybody know of a good appetite suppressant? I have to lose 23lbs before I can even submit my paperwork and I'm having a hard time dieting! Hello if I could lose that kind if weight I wouldn't need this surgery! I'm trying to do 2 shakes a day but I'm starving all the time! help!

hi. I was really hungry today. 1 week on preop diet. I took a 150 zantac for acid and felt much better. Though even though my stomach is empty i still feel bloaty. My nut gave me proti punch that you add to Water it tastes like koolaid. 15 g Protein 60 calories

I lost 15 pounds in two weeks doing 2 Protein Shakes a day and 1 lean meat meal

I could have as many raw veggies as I wanted.

The veggies made the hunger disappear.

In in the same boat I have to lose 10 lbs before

Submitting my papers! I can't do it! My doctor want to see a change to make sure I can support my life change whatever!!!!!! I feel like I'm ready to give up. I tried the shakes but then I get hungry for real food. Sorry I don't have a solution

Not trying to be smart or mean when I say this. You will have to make changes after the surgery without the wight lose suppressants. You will have to change eating habits and drinking habits. It is hard to do this even after surgery. A lot of times we are not stomach hungry but head. I am three months out and still fight it. You see someone with something and think I am hungry also. Stick to your two shakes and high Protein meal. This is how you will eat after surgery. I had to do a two week clear liquid diet before surgery. During this time my family had a get together for three days. I watched them cook and eat all of my favorite meals and did not eat a bite. I knew my life was changing forever. You can do this. Get you some Greek yogurt, unsweetened apple sauce, chicken broth to drink and eat between shakes. They will help you.

I lost 22 pounds on my 16 day preop. 3 high protein/low carb shakes/day and unlimited leafy and green veggies....kale, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce, green Beans, edemame. No butter, no dressing, no sauces.

It's just a matter of how bad you want this. And like Bigmommatojacob said, you have to change how you eat after surgery anyways. Believe me, several months out (if not sooner) your hunger will return and it all becomes a head game and making good choices.

So what's the purpose of this surgery? I thought was going to help with eating graves etc. I'm not going to put my life at risk if then I'll still have a problem with been hungry. I feel disappointed because I really thought surgery would help with the issue of eating etc. having a small stomach will help me feeling full? I'm confuse

Thanks everybody! I know I have to be strong it's just so hard! But I have to I can't go on living like this! Everyday is a struggle! I'm sooo addicted to food I just feel like after the surgury I won't have that I can eat a horse feeling! Prayers plz

So what's the purpose of this surgery? I thought was going to help with eating graves etc. I'm not going to put my life at risk if then I'll still have a problem with been hungry. I feel disappointed because I really thought surgery would help with the issue of eating etc. having a small stomach will help me feeling full? I'm confuse

I have heard some people say the have no appetite and some that just have head hunger. This is a learning process we need to learn the differences and use the surgury as a tool

I get full on a very small amount of dense Protein, but there are some things that won't fill you up (aka slider foods ).....you can eat ice cream, chips, donuts, chocolate, etc all day long. The surgery simply makes your stomach smaller, but what you put in it and how often is up to you. Surgery doesn't "Fix" cravings and head hunger. For example, you won't be able to eat a whole pizza for one meal, but you could munch all day and end up eating a whole pizza over several hours. After surgery it's up to you to choose what to eat and to not graze all day long. Personally I am hungry and eat every 3 hours or so. But I eat Protein, veggies, some fruit and whole grains. Carbs, sweets and alcohol are rare indulgences, but could totally sabotage my weight loss if I ate them regularly. Of course I still like these things, but I have to CHOOSE to not to eat them.

If these things are not what you expected, maybe you should step back and take another look at what exactly this surgery can do for you. It really is 10% physical and 90% mental.

This worked for me. I had to do a one week modified liquid diet before surgery. During this week I lost 22 lbs and wasn't that hungry. The meal plan was a follows: 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes made with Water and one 350 to 400 cal meal. The trick was timing when to eat, eat slowly and eat the 400 cal meal for dinner. The meal consisted of about 5 OZ of the lean meat of your choice and a huge salad. I used 2 tbs of Salad Dressing at about 70 cals per on a quart of romane lettuce. Total daily cals did not exceed 900. I didnt have much of a problem sticking with it for 1 week.

I don't know how much Water you are drinking...didn't see that posted anywhere. It doesn't have to be plain Water either, use the mio drops or crystal light. There are several ways to change it up so it doesn't get boring, but you should be drinking at least 64oz a day.

My tip for you is to have like many have suggested with the Protein shakes and lean meal plan. In between these meals if you get hungry, try water, then if your are still hungry try some fresh veggies, You will lose the weight.

Head hunger is very real, and I noticed mine when doing the above diet for a week, it made me realize a lot of my problems. Use "My fitness pal" it is very helpful for you to see exactly what is happening with your food choices.

Don't stress, that will not help you, think positive and pump yourself up for this....YOU CAN DO IT!!!