Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

I keep thinking if you don't feed it that it will eventually go away (to another thread I mean, not altogether)

This thread needs to continue, on behalf of the victims of the misogynistic Omar, who is a predator, conman and frontman for a surgeon in Mexico. Omar is a professional at courting and seducing vulnerable women and thank God for the people who stepped forward, shared their experiences, and are behind this thread. Jerry Springer? I think not. You might think a woman in a bikini invites assault. Having been involved with rape victims many years in the Court system, I can tell you vehemently that it is very easy for women to be blamed. Par1959, I just take exception to Omar the Lover luring women to this doctor in Mexico.

I keep looking for Omar and the consenting adult women who fell you this guys on Jerry Springer.

The image of bariatric women swinging on a pole on Springer is funny.

Edited by Susysleever

I took this comment as humor. I bust a gut laughing. Lighten up you guys. Sheesh.

There is nothing funny here. NOTHING.

I took this comment as humor. I bust a gut laughing. Lighten up you guys. Sheesh.

First off, Par1959, as I have said before in response to your completely inappropriate comments in this thread, unless you have something relevant to add, don't add anything, To both Par1959 and Suzysleever, I am sorry you two seem to find this topic humorous. However, it is anything but that. This is a very serious issue involving a very inappropriate employee of a doctor that needs to be addressed. You want comedy, go find it elsewhere, we have no interest in your jokes here, or lightening up.

I am one of the jokingest, non PC people you will ever meet. Making light of what can be considered a sexual assault is not funny. Please do not tell me to lighten up. If you think it's funny, so be it. I refuse to laugh at a victim of such behavior.

I am sure this Omar fool picks and chooses his victims.  I also think he might not be so attentive lately since he could have other things to worry about, like his job?  He must be making good money down in Mexico and he needs that job, since he cannot come back to the good old USA without going to jail.  On behalf of many women, I hope they do their research here.  

Just out of curiosity Linda, did you ever meet Omar?

No, I have never met the lothario (a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women) Mr. Wonderful aka Omar. I am too old and not his type. There was a day when I could have been a victim, dumb, lonely, and naive. HE is not my type. I just pegged him for what he is. Maybe it is my experience with law enforcement. wrongdoing, and Victims. Only a fool would not see there is something wrong with what is going on in Mexico with Omar and HIS medical team. He lures them, he wines, dines, and whatever else, the doc operates on them. End of story. And who are you, Lora V who joined March 2014 with 5 posts?

It is a poor attempt at humor, but at whose expense? The women who were victimized by Omar and that's just not funny. I will never "lighten-up" about bashing victims. Never.

Edited by I will what I want

I am very sorry for all the victims who fell under Omar's spell. Yes, they are all adults and their is some culpability here for all parties involved. But with that said, no one should be made fun of when they have been maybe a bit vulnerable and have been taken advantage of. I understand that many might see this post as inappropriate, but I wish to think the poster meant no direct disrespect to these ladies, but instead was trying to shed light on the character of Omar in a more light hearted manner.

Omar is a bad act, so much so that my daughter and I cancelled her surgery with Dr. Illan, which was scheduled for July 22 because of the negative light that has been shown on Omar via this thread. I hope others have followed through with cancellations and have selected other surgeons because of Omar's actions. Maybe that is the only way you will get Dr Illan's attention.... Through his pocketbook.

Linda, even though I am not a veteran on this site, having only joined last April ( not sure how many posts I have in my count, but I am sure you will look it up), I would only ask that you allow all opinions to have value on this site regardless of when they joined. Surely you are not so arrogant to think that only the 'veterans' have any real value here. Or is it they only have value if they agree with you. We all value the advice, feedback, etc that the veterans share with us, but your continued slam to those who are considered newbies in your eyes is inappropriate. Lori may have joined yesterday for all that matters, but her opinion and others who are new should not be downgraded simply because they are not worthy of the 'veteran' status. You slammed me in another thread because it was of an opinion different then yours and quickly informed me that my comment was of no worth because I joined in April. I take no personal offense when others do not agree with my opinions, but I do take it personal when you downgrade me simply because I am a newbie. I am sure you will have a sweeping negative response to this because that is what you and a few of your cronies do, and I will weather those negative hits just as I did in the other thread you slammed me on, (sigh) and as before, I will continue on reading and responding at will to all the fabulous discussions held on this forum. Your opinion is not necessarily the ultimate answer, though valuable I think it may be. :-). Bariatric pal is an awesome site and holds a great deal of information for all of us, because of the opinions that are shared by ALL, not just the Oldtimers.

In the future, please feel free to disagree with posters, especially on threads so important as this one. Just do it without personally slamming the newbie. That is when it gets offensive. At least it was for me.

No, I have never met the lothario (a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women) Mr. Wonderful aka Omar.   I am too old and not his type.  There was a day when I could have been a victim, dumb, lonely, and naive.  HE is not my type.  I just pegged him for what he is.  Maybe it is my experience with law enforcement. wrongdoing, and Victims.  Only a fool would not see there is something wrong with what is going on in Mexico with Omar and HIS medical team.  He lures them, he wines, dines, and whatever else,  the doc operates on them.  End of story.  And who are you, Lora V who joined March 2014 with 5 posts?    

Enough said. No, you absolutely have no first hand knowledge. Yes. I only have 5 posts. I am newly sleeved and I am intelligent enough to keep my mouth shut about things which I have no first hand knowledge of. As you so eloquently stated "only a fool" would that

I am very sorry for all the victims who fell under Omar's spell. Yes, they are all adults and their is some culpability here for all parties involved. But with that said, no one should be made fun of when they have been maybe a bit vulnerable and have been taken advantage of. I understand that many might see this post as inappropriate, but I wish to think the poster meant no direct disrespect to these ladies, but instead was trying to shed light on the character of Omar in a more light hearted manner.

Omar is a bad act, so much so that my daughter and I cancelled her surgery with Dr. Illan, which was scheduled for July 22 because of the negative light that has been shown on Omar via this thread. I hope others have followed through with cancellations and have selected other surgeons because of Omar's actions. Maybe that is the only way you will get Dr Illan's attention.... Through his pocketbook.

Linda, even though I am not a veteran on this site, having only joined last April ( not sure how many posts I have in my count, but I am sure you will look it up), I would only ask that you allow all opinions to have value on this site regardless of when they joined. Surely you are not so arrogant to think that only the 'veterans' have any real value here. Or is it they only have value if they agree with you. We all value the advice, feedback, etc that the veterans share with us, but your continued slam to those who are considered newbies in your eyes is inappropriate. Lori may have joined yesterday for all that matters, but her opinion and others who are new should not be downgraded simply because they are not worthy of the 'veteran' status. You slammed me in another thread because it was of an opinion different then yours and quickly informed me that my comment was of no worth because I joined in April. I take no personal offense when others do not agree with my opinions, but I do take it personal when you downgrade me simply because I am a newbie. I am sure you will have a sweeping negative response to this because that is what you and a few of your cronies do, and I will weather those negative hits just as I did in the other thread you slammed me on, (sigh) and as before, I will continue on reading and responding at will to all the fabulous discussions held on this forum. Your opinion is not necessarily the ultimate answer, though valuable I think it may be. :-). Bariatric pal is an awesome site and holds a great deal of information for all of us, because of the opinions that are shared by ALL, not just the Oldtimers.

In the future, please feel free to disagree with posters, especially on threads so important as this one. Just do it without personally slamming the newbie. That is when it gets offensive. At least it was for me.

There was a time I was bedridden with horrible pain and I could do nothing but occupy myself online since I could not walk or move. I realized I was letting my pain make me extra irritable and I backed off and started avoiding posts that bothered me. I have no cronies here. I try to be very supportive to people who are new here. I do not feel I have slammed anyone ever. In the future please block me because I do not agree with you that I have personally slammed a newbie. This is a serious thread. I am a 68 year old grandmother, and one thing I have never been in my life is arrogant. Have a good day. I will continue to help people and I will continue to be bothered by this thread which I feel is very serious. You tell me I slammed you so you are trying to get revenge? Darned if I don't feel slammed. Omar is a criminal. If you have read every post here like I have, you would know there are many insinuations that Omar (former gang member), has people posting on his behalf, and he is probably here himself. I speak up on behalf of other women who have been victims here. Have a good evening.

Enough said. No, you absolutely have no first hand knowledge. Yes. I only have 5 posts. I am newly sleeved and I am intelligent enough to keep my mouth shut about things which I have no first hand knowledge of. As you so eloquently stated "only a fool" would that

I have firsthand knowledge of the online Indictment and criminal record of Omar, which states he has a significant criminal history, and the fact that he fled to Mexico to avoid going to jail. I believe the poster who started this thread that there are terrible things this Omar has done. I have firsthand knowledge that he works for this doctor because it is all over the Internet.

I have firsthand knowledge of the online Indictment and criminal record of Omar, which states he has a significant criminal history, and the fact that he fled to Mexico to avoid going to jail.  I believe the poster who started this thread that there are terrible things this Omar has done.  I have firsthand knowledge that he works for this doctor because it is all over the Internet.    

Please post the online link to this "online indictment" and your first-hand knowledge. Back up your accusations with facts. You are quick to criticize others for their lack of knowledge, lets see what facts of criminal activity you have.

There was a time I was bedridden with horrible pain and I could do nothing but occupy myself online since I could not walk or move. I realized I was letting my pain make me extra irritable and I backed off and started avoiding posts that bothered me. I have no cronies here. I try to be very supportive to people who are new here. I do not feel I have slammed anyone ever. In the future please block me because I do not agree with you that I have personally slammed a newbie. This is a serious thread. I am a 68 year old grandmother, and one thing I have never been in my life is arrogant. Have a good day. I will continue to help people and I will continue to be bothered by this thread which I feel is very serious. You tell me I slammed you so you are trying to get revenge? Darned if I don't feel slammed. Omar is a criminal. If you have read every post here like I have, you would know there are many insinuations that Omar (former gang member), has people posting on his behalf, and he is probably here himself. I speak up on behalf of other women who have been victims here. Have a good evening.

I certainly agree with your thoughts regarding Omar and applaud all of those that choose to speak out on this thread because it is such a serious accusation. Others should be able to voice their opinions and serious debate can be had here. BUT to disregard a poster's comments on any of these threads by saying we are simply newbies and therefore not worthy of comment is what I find offensive.... Not your comments regarding Omar. You have a right to express your opinions in reference to him. As do others. I am not slamming you, just stating that I took offense to your reference that I only joined in April. I also am a grandmother, and in my sixties, etc etc. which has no bearing here.