Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Let's face it, you can find romance at the corner bar in the USA.  I think the point is that this man is part of the medical establishment and is involved with not one, but probably many woman, probably hundreds if the truth be known.  For these women I don't care if they want to have a liaison if they want (their business).  What bothers me is there is a pattern here of this man preying on women.    This is his job.  And his hobby obviously.  

What have I learned from all of this, many adult women do not except responcibiliy for their own actions. Women flirting is OK , but when a man does and the women spread 'em and the relationship doesnt workout its rape. Facts dont mean a lot when one is tried in this court and finally this belongs on Jerry Springer.

What have I learned from all of this, many adult women do not except responcibiliy for their own actions. Women flirting is OK , but when a man does and the women spread 'em and the relationship doesnt workout its rape. Facts dont mean a lot when one is tried in this court and finally this belongs on Jerry Springer.

What I have learned from all this is you have yet to contribute anything relevant to this thread.

What I have learned from all this is you have yet to contribute anything relevant to this thread.

Ha! That just made me laugh out loud!

Let me explain why we defend him.  Many of us know Omar to be a kind and exceptional human being.  He is our friend, as well as one hell of a coordinator.  We know him to be the exact opposite of what's been described here.  When you know a person, it doesn't matter what others can dig up on the internet to scare you (Yes, we know that Omar has changed his life following a series of difficult circumstances and some bad choices when he was younger.  When that didn't get a rise the first time you posted it, you'd have thought you'd move on from the topic.  His charges were actually pretty benign, and wouldn't have been felony charges if he'd been born 50 miles to the north).  This fear campaign only matters to new patients who don't know this team and who just want to change their lives.  Shame on those who would put fear in the hearts of others who are looking to escape obesity.  That is unkind.

The people who defend him (most of us know one another) don't believe these accusations, and Susan has had several "be afraid" campaigns to share with people immediately following exchanges where people didn't do what she wants.  She did something similar when I was desperately searching for a surgeon due to some complications with my lapband.  She'd referred me to Dr. Kelly, and then shortly after that was telling people that he'd killed a woman in the OR.  Now, I have asked, and would really like to know, Susan, did you not seek medical treatment from Team Illan less than two months prior to your "concerns?"  Did they not decline to help you out of the concern that you do this sort of smear campaign and have done it several times before to other medical providers?

Maestrita-

Let's get down to bare boned facts here, okay?

Seven women have confided in a person they have known for up to 7 years.  I think that is self explanatory.

If it is not then three women have come forward HERE on THIS thread and told their stories.

I don't want to lose you here, hang in there with me.

Medical Ethics applies to not just the doctor but his staff as well.

What does Omar's Medical Ethics mean to you?

This will likely finalize my communications with you.  Either you will continue to excuse his behaviors or you will be truthful.  But honestly, thus far you merely appear to be another of his booty calls.  Prove me wrong, please.

ETA:  Are you seriously suggesting that all these people are being dishonest and Omar is the *only* truthful person?  For real?

Edited by ChelceyA

Me too, and I just had a tummy tuck! Ouch!

Oh goodness, please be careful!

Let me explain why we defend him.  Many of us know Omar to be a kind and exceptional human being.  He is our friend, as well as one hell of a coordinator.  We know him to be the exact opposite of what's been described here.  When you know a person, it doesn't matter what others can dig up on the internet to scare you (Yes, we know that Omar has changed his life following a series of difficult circumstances and some bad choices when he was younger.  When that didn't get a rise the first time you posted it, you'd have thought you'd move on from the topic.  His charges were actually pretty benign, and wouldn't have been felony charges if he'd been born 50 miles to the north).  This fear campaign only matters to new patients who don't know this team and who just want to change their lives.  Shame on those who would put fear in the hearts of others who are looking to escape obesity.  That is unkind.

The people who defend him (most of us know one another) don't believe these accusations, and Susan has had several "be afraid" campaigns to share with people immediately following exchanges where people didn't do what she wants.  She did something similar when I was desperately searching for a surgeon due to some complications with my lapband.  She'd referred me to Dr. Kelly, and then shortly after that was telling people that he'd killed a woman in the OR.  Now, I have asked, and would really like to know, Susan, did you not seek medical treatment from Team Illan less than two months prior to your "concerns?"  Did they not decline to help you out of the concern that you do this sort of smear campaign and have done it several times before to other medical providers?

WHO IS "WE"?  Are you Omar's Mom, sister, lover, friend,  or defender?  "His charges are "benign".  What is "benign"?  A wart, a cyst or a malignant tumor?   Oh, it was a felony.  50 miles north it would not have been a felony?    You know an awful lot about this man.  Can you reveal your real connection to him?  I think women should have fear in  their hearts and thanks to Susan maybe they will look twice at any doctor or his staff before they put their life in someone's hands.  As far as you being in the Washington education system I would not like you in charge of my children.  

I don't believe that there are a lot of people making these claims, and I don't think you have to be very clever to figure that out. I believe Susan and one other woman who is a former patient of Dr. Illan's (who, I understand, did date him after her surgery) have fabricated most of this. Aside from watching Susan do this twice before now (there are allegations that it's happened a third time), there are problems with the credibility of this story.

The tone of this story and the "supporting evidence" takes the same shape, rhetorical pattern, and writer's voice as her past campaigns. Funny how witnesses here use the same exact phrases that they used in the last campaign. Durp! Maybe I've just noticed that sort of thing because I've graded so many papers in my life.

Another thing that stands out to me is how new these women are to this forum. They knew Susan for years on this website, enough to confide their deepest secrets (for which she was not fishing, mind you), but their profiles have like 7 posts? I find that part curious. I noticed that same thing when Dr. Kelly was slandered on this website. Isn't it more likely that these are created just for this purpose?

I said I am a friend and former patient of Omar and the other members of Team Illan. Omar has been very open about changing his life and about his weight loss. Like I said, you can dig all you want. My hands are clean. My interest here is that I don't like seeing people harm others. Susan is not a nice person for doing this. It is morally incorrect.

Oh, and Linda, about supervising your kids... the feeling is mutual.

I don't believe that there are a lot of people making these claims, and I don't think you have to be very clever to figure that out.  I believe Susan and one other woman who is a former patient of Dr. Illan's (who, I understand, did date him after her surgery) have fabricated most of this.  Aside from watching Susan do this twice before now (there are allegations that it's happened a third time), there are problems with the credibility of this story. 

The tone of this story and the "supporting evidence" takes the same shape, rhetorical pattern, and writer's voice as her past campaigns.  Funny how witnesses here use the same exact phrases that they used in the last campaign.  Durp!  Maybe I've just noticed that sort of thing because I've graded so many papers in my life.

Another thing that stands out to me is how new these women are to this forum.  They knew Susan for years on this website, enough to confide their deepest secrets (for which she was not fishing, mind you), but their profiles have like 7 posts?  I find that part curious.  I noticed that same thing when Dr. Kelly was slandered on this website.  Isn't it more likely that these are created just for this purpose?

I said I am a friend and former patient of Omar and the other members of Team Illan.  Omar has been very open about changing his life and about his weight loss.  Like I said, you can dig all you want.  My hands are clean.  My interest here is that I don't like seeing people harm others.  Susan is not a nice person for doing this.  It is morally incorrect.

Oh, and Linda, about supervising your kids... the feeling is mutual.

Ted Bundy had many friends and defenders too.  You should have an open mind while this is sorted out.  

The tone of this story and the "supporting evidence" takes the same shape, rhetorical pattern, and writer's voice as her past campaigns. Funny how witnesses here use the same exact phrases that they used in the last campaign. Durp! Maybe I've just noticed that sort of thing because I've graded so many papers in my life.

Is this true? Wow. Do, please, as I'm interested and I, too, like analysing texts; could you provide us with a composite cut and paste with the relevant sections identified and directly contrasted? Just so I can see what you're on about. Many thanks.

I don't think you meant that in a positive way.  I think you used in a paragraph while trying to describe someone who you think is somehow more sexually inclined and in some way negative or dirty because he is of Latino descent.  I believe that you said he was "looking to get his rocks off." in the same paragraph.  That is discriminatory language, and that's not ok with me.  I'm always going to address that when I see it.  It's ignorant and not called for.  I really don't care if others aren't offended by it.  I am, and I'm going to call it out.

Lipstick Lady, I don't care if you're Mexican or not.  I don't appreciate discriminatory language such as "******."  You aren't entitled to offend others due to your heritage.  This phrase is ignorant, and it contributes to people thinking that Latinos are less educated and aren't as valuable in our communities.  I can't believe that we still have to address matters like this in this day and age.  It's deplorable.

Did you mean it in a positive way?

Yes I mean it in a positive way. We all have had a lover in our lives , it's up to us to decide which lover we want to be with.

Oddly enough, I really don't care what you think. :D

I don't believe that there are a lot of people making these claims, and I don't think you have to be very clever to figure that out.  I believe Susan and one other woman who is a former patient of Dr. Illan's (who, I understand, did date him after her surgery) have fabricated most of this.  Aside from watching Susan do this twice before now (there are allegations that it's happened a third time), there are problems with the credibility of this story. 

The tone of this story and the "supporting evidence" takes the same shape, rhetorical pattern, and writer's voice as her past campaigns.  Funny how witnesses here use the same exact phrases that they used in the last campaign.  Durp!  Maybe I've just noticed that sort of thing because I've graded so many papers in my life.

Another thing that stands out to me is how new these women are to this forum.  They knew Susan for years on this website, enough to confide their deepest secrets (for which she was not fishing, mind you), but their profiles have like 7 posts?  I find that part curious.  I noticed that same thing when Dr. Kelly was slandered on this website.  Isn't it more likely that these are created just for this purpose?

I said I am a friend and former patient of Omar and the other members of Team Illan.  Omar has been very open about changing his life and about his weight loss.  Like I said, you can dig all you want.  My hands are clean.  My interest here is that I don't like seeing people harm others.  Susan is not a nice person for doing this.  It is morally incorrect.

Oh, and Linda, about supervising your kids... the feeling is mutual.

Okay.  Fair enough.  Everyone around Omar is dishonest.  Dr. Kelly was dishonest.  All the woman posting here are dishonest.  Susan is dishonest.  But a convicted, gang member, illegal alien, felon is the only one telling the truth.

You do realize, you have zero credibility here, right?  I mean, you can't really expect anyone to take you seriously when you go to this extreme to protect anyone.

Ethics schmethics... it matters not.  Just make Omar look good.  The amusing thing here is that I don't believe you really have a grasp of just how bad you are making Omar look when you go to these extremes.  You do more for Susan's cause than you do Omar's.  You appear to be in this so deep you honestly can't see it.

I was really kidding when I suggested you were another of his booty calls.  Now I know I wasn't really kidding after all.

Seriously? The post above me referenced Ted Bundy.

REALLY glad her kids aren't in my class now.

For the record, I don't have any interest in Omar romantically.  He is a friend. 

One way people try to discredit a woman when they don't have a valid complaint is to attack her reputation as a chaste person.  I'm glad that we've rounded out the full spectrum of discriminatory language in one thread (Oh, wait, I think we're missing a direct racial slur).  Keeping it classy.