Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Three rings for three different women. (Or are they? ) Time to get some commission checks from someone n

Huge... Like I can't lift my hand up...that kind of big.

I am still holding out for mine too!

I had very high regard for this bariatric site. It provided me with great information and helpful hints and made me feel normal when others related to what I was going through. I even was impressed that a thread was shut down when it became too negative and "bitchy." I just became aware of this thread and am actually shocked that Alex has not shut down this thread. I think everything necessary has been said at this point and now it is just bitchy. Susan believes her point should be published. I have no issue with her saying what she believes. Others have a right to state their opinion of Omar if they are so inclined. But that should have been the end of it. This has went far enough. Now I am only wondering why Alex has not shut this thread down. Is there personal interest in all this? What purpose is being served by continuing this negative thread. What is being solved here but spewing hateful comments to each other. Alex, please close this thread!

I had very high regard for this bariatric site. It provided me with great information and helpful hints and made me feel normal when others related to what I was going through. I even was impressed that a thread was shut down when it became too negative and "bitchy." I just became aware of this thread and am actually shocked that Alex has not shut down this thread. I think everything necessary has been said at this point and now it is just bitchy. Susan believes her point should be published. I have no issue with her saying what she believes. Others have a right to state their opinion of Omar if they are so inclined. But that should have been the end of it. This has went far enough. Now I am only wondering why Alex has not shut this thread down. Is there personal interest in all this? What purpose is being served by continuing this negative thread. What is being solved here but spewing hateful comments to each other. Alex, please close this thread!

The purpose is there is still valuable information here . Alex is keeping it open because he has also had direct communication with those involved. It would do them a disservice to close it and not have their stories heard. I have had numerous people contact me via PM here and on Facebook thanking me for posting this. I knew from the start it was going to turn into a battleground, but that did not stop me because woman are being wronged and I believe in standing up for others and what is right.

All of this is crazy to me. You went to a foreign country to have 85% of your stomach amputated by a doctor youve never met. You trust him but yet he knows zilcho about you or medical history. You ladies took a chance with your bodies and your emotions. You went there because you couldnt afford the costly surgery by an American physician who is covered by expensive malpractice insurance and now are complaining? These Mexican doctors arent subject to the same coverages hence the reason they can perform the same procedures for a mere fraction of the cost. If you want to report this doctor to the Mexican Health Board or whatever it is called, go ahead but it will fall on deaf ears. You're a volunteer, you fell for a horny employee, and now youre complaining because he moved on to someone else. The doctor could completely botch the surgery up and yet this post is about a horny coordinator in another country that you will never see again. You were foolish to fall for it. You consented and were too naive to figure any of this out yourself. You can have enough common sense to get your stomach amputated but not enough to figure out that youre being played. I'm sorry. I dont have bleeding heart syndrome in situations like this. I just don't. You're over 18, you weren't raped on the table by a perverted surgeon or a coordinator. You consented, you fell for it, and you lost. There is no victim here....only foolish adults. I am a lurker here only, but I have to say, this is foolishness on the part of consenting adults. Now a physician's reputation is tarnished and now questionable not based on botched surgeries or loss of lives, but because of two consenting adults desiring to take advantage of each other. First and last post.....and no, I am mot familiar with this doctor or Omar.....and wouldn't know either of them if I ever saw them.

All of this is crazy to me. You went to a foreign country to have 85% of your stomach amputated by a doctor youve never met. You trust him but yet he knows zilcho about you or medical history. You ladies took a chance with your bodies and your emotions. You went there because you couldnt afford the costly surgery by an American physician who is covered by expensive malpractice insurance and now are complaining? These Mexican doctors arent subject to the same coverages hence the reason they can perform the same procedures for a mere fraction of the cost. If you want to report this doctor to the Mexican Health Board or whatever it is called, go ahead but it will fall on deaf ears. You're a volunteer, you fell for a horny employee, and now youre complaining because he moved on to someone else. The doctor could completely botch the surgery up and yet this post is about a horny coordinator in another country that you will never see again. You were foolish to fall for it. You consented and were too naive to figure any of this out yourself. You can have enough common sense to get your stomach amputated but not enough to figure out that youre being played. I'm sorry. I dont have bleeding heart syndrome in situations like this. I just don't. You're over 18, you weren't raped on the table by a perverted surgeon or a coordinator. You consented, you fell for it, and you lost. There is no victim here....only foolish adults. I am a lurker here only, but I have to say, this is foolishness on the part of consenting adults. Now a physician's reputation is tarnished and now questionable not based on botched surgeries or loss of lives, but because of two consenting adults desiring to take advantage of each other. First and last post.....and no, I am mot familiar with this doctor or Omar.....and wouldn't know either of them if I ever saw them.

Thank you for joining just to continue the bullying of victims.

Yeah!!  What she said!!  And how DARE YOU ladies who came forward make the effort to turn your heartache and pain into the the opportunity to stop exactly the same from happening to someone else.  After all, it's not YOUR problem, it's their's, right?  Why should they learn or be protected by your experience?  How silly of you to do the right thing.

:blink:

I'm trying to figure out how all this would go down. You are bandaged, oozy, farty, belchy, tired, pukey, and dehydrated. Sexy times.

Ha! That was my exact thought. I cannot imagine even thinking romantically after I have just had surgery and feel like crap. And honestly, if you've seen pics of Omar he does not exactly elude sexuality. More he looks like a very kind and gentle person. But with that said I would not be able to defend either points of thought. I have not met him.
This is not true for all patients. I had glued incision but other than that I was up and about as if I never had surgery. Of course my coordinator is female and we painted the town red like all fun loving tourists did. So it's possible this immoral person took advantage of the not so incapacitated women.. who knows whats going through his mind.

@Takeittothelimit Amen!!!!!