Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 week stall at 3 months, halfway to goal

Hi. So my pre op weight was 198. I had surgery April 4th. My doctors goal for me is to lose 70 pounds total. My weight is stuck at 162. I know I haven't been exercising enough. I fractured my foot. I also don't think I'm getting enough calories in.

Will the scale start moving again? I'm scared I'm done losing at 3 months.

Any words of wisdom out there? Especially since I have a broken foot.

Any other peeps out there that have noticed slower weight loss when they only had 70 or so pounds to lose? I heard the less you need to lose the slower it comes off. True? Or not?

This is true. It does come off slower if your bmi is lower. But stalls happen. You can try adding another snack if you think you need more calories. You can ease back into working out by walking as tolerated as your foot heals. Be vigilant about logging your food. Maybe you just need to try lower carbs or something.

I want to know this too. My weight just creeps off. I'm happy for it, but I have heard that it could be many factors, like; menopause, age, previous weight set-points. I still have 82 lbs. to lose and just not getting any traction. Is there any truth to the amount of carbs you eat? I get so discouraged about eating fruit, vegetables, and Beans that although I need that, I veer away from eating them because of the carbs and how fast they add up.

My last 10 pounds are coming off slowly. I started at 210. But I am doing what I should, and weighing only every 2.5-3 weeks or so, so I don't drive myself crazy. You broke your foot, there isn't anything you can do about that. But track everything you eat and follow your plan to the best of your ability. It is not a race--you will lose. You can do this! :)

My surgeon also told me the wt loss is less dramatic if you only have 70-90 lbs to lose or lower BMI. I started at 211 lbs, surgery date 2/24/14, now down to 159, currently I am in a stall. I have trouble tracking everything I eat. Does anyone have difficulty using My Fitness Pal? I have difficulty using the app on my phone.

I had a consult with my exercise consultant a few weeks ago, and she said she actually has a workout routine for people in any situation--even those who break their foot or leg.

So that means somewhere on the Internet is a workout for that (probably). If you're lucky enugh to have access to an exercise consultant as part of your surgical proram, make an appointment ASAP.

And no, after three months, the tool's efficacy does not end. You just have to do what works. I'd say use all the resources you have -- your nuritionist, your exercise consultant, your support group.

Good luck!