Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Gastric Sleevers Out there

I'm in the pureed food stage right now. I'm experiencing an upset stomach. Anyone else having a hard time adjusting to moving from liquids to pureed foods? I feel sick to my stomach most of the day now.

Hi, I am 2 weeks out, I am also finding it hard to sleep. I'm tired though. Weird.

I'm in the pureed food stage right now. I'm experiencing an upset stomach. Anyone else having a hard time adjusting to moving from liquids to pureed foods? I feel sick to my stomach most of the day now.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you think you might have overeaten? What have you been trying?

I was sleeved on June 26 and have lost 32 pounds since preop. I am having trouble sleeping as well and hardly ever feel hungry. I am able to tolerate most soft foods and liquids but am always very tired. It is helping tremendously to be able to read all of your posts.

I just think that we've had a major change to our body. 80% of our tummy's are gone. The "hormone" Grehlin also went with it - that's a lot for our body to handle. Sleeplessness could be the change in low carb, anaesthetic etc. For me I am am just trying to take it all in stride.

To Steph 0315: i'm definitely not overeating, I barely take 2-3 bites and I'm full. liquid and fluids are the only things going down well. I'm thinking my stomach is bothering me cuz my stomach is getting used to the switch up. I'm getting ready to start walking for about 45 minutes to an hour. Start working some of this off, the only concern I have is if I will have enough energy to walk that long, since I'm in the alway's tired stage. Will be interesting. :)

Hi all! I was sleeved on June 23rd and I'm down 21 pounds. My journey hasn't been as easy as some. I had lapband to sleeve revision and had lots of scar tissue. My very experienced surgeon said it was the worst scar tissue he's seen from the band. So as a precaution for leaks I have been NPO for 3 weeks, giving my stomach time to heal and doing TPN feedings through a PICC line. I started Clear Liquids this past Sunday after my doctor called me with my UGI results. I have 2 weeks of Clear Liquids, 2 weeks of full liquids, and 2 weeks of blended diet until I'm eating solids. I'm ok with that though. I'm just glad my UGI was negative for leaks. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and hopefully my PICC line will be removed as I'm getting in the 64 ounces of Fluid that my doctor required of me before he would DC the PICC line. I would love to join a private FB page.

Sleeved June 29 would love to be in a private June fb group. I seem to have the same issues.

Not getting my Protein or Fluid in, hungry every 2-3 hours, at a stall after losing 15 pounds.

I was sleeved on June 24th and dropped 12 pounds in 12 days, and then the scale just STOPPED! I've been freakin out for the last ten days.... :( i knew stalls would happen I just didn't think they would happen so quickly! I'm trying to convince myself that it will move again. Praying I didn't remove most of my stomach just to lose 12 pounds.

Had my surgery june 5, had some complications post op with concern of a "leak", had to have second procedure and nothing by mouth for 10 days, with TPN IV fluids to hydrate and feed me, repeated CT scans and multiple swallow scans. No leak detected after second surgery, but adheared to the standard of care post op per my surgeon. I am down 30 pounds now and am very pleased. Would I go through it all again? You betcha! I feel terrific and my co-workers are calling me "skinny" and I feel beautiful again...

Edited by Valere Bilichka

I just went on Facebook and pressed "join group" no problems

I'm certainly not an expert, but I thought that private groups cannot be searched for. I think those may be closed groups , which are different, and anyone can see the members of those.

Hi guys, I am a june sleever as well! I was sleeved on june 24th, up until now everything has gone relatively smooth for me thank god! I'm down 22lb since surgery day (262 and now 240) but i'm also in a 2 week stall now, hopeing it passes soon! Well that said since all of us are interested in a secret group on fb i created 1 today but i dont know how to go about posting the link on here so i guess you guys can leave me your fb names on here and i will add you!

My VSG was June 2, and I just hit my first stall. I'm also dealing with a lot of hunger and never feeling full. UGH. That will be another post though. This certainly hasn't been the easiest thing to do. In fact, this is one of the hardest things I've ever done.