Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers anyone?

I was July 7th also! Five days post op. Would love to have someone to talk to along this journey! Already have many thoughts and questions in my head and no one to discuss with that is close to walking the walk with me! I am a 38 years old, mom, wife, and nurse. Had gastric sleeve on July 7th. Feeling good five days post op. Struggling with drinking enough and getting all my Protein in. Struggling already with family member trying to get me to eat inappropriate foods. Weird question-Anyone else having a metal taste in their mouth constantly? Also I don't think my mind and my new stomach are on the same page yet. Anyway would love to make some July friends!! Cindy

Wow awesome am a July 7th as well am doing good till now thanks God I just get this pain in my stomach and travels up to my chest and spreads there for like 3 seconds very uncomfortable, I am 24 yrs old, mother and house wife and am willing to share my experience good luck u guys

I am July 7th too! I had a picture perfect surgery. No pain or nausea. I did have the metal taste in my mouth a couple of days ago! I actually spit into a kleenex expecting to find blood! Nothing. It went away. The discomfort of the pain in your stomach Lolies may be swallowing too much too fast. I noticed the same pain yesterday, but I had accidentally picked up my bottle of Water instead of my sippy cup and took a big swallow of it. That got my attention real quick. Felt like my chest was going to explode.

Neat four of us July 7th! Glad everyone surgeries went well. Lolies I have experience some sharp pain that radiant toward my chest. But most of that seems to be resolving for whatever reason. The metal taste was actually a little better this morning. Going out a little bit today to a ball game. Always have a bottle of Water with me to keep hydrated! Lost eight pounds by the scale this morning! :) have a good day ladies!

July 7th too! I just checked out from hospital today. Feeling a bit terrified to be on my own. (I'd been in the ICU for 4 days post-op).

No more pain, only light- headed and tired quite a lot. Hope everyone is doing well too!! ^^

Thank you all am excited to have you all!! Well I might going to have to easy out on the drinking I think am taking it to fast, at least I know it's faster than the first days so I'll go back to the sip sip sip!! He he thank u guys enjoy ur day and don't forget to check back as the day goes by!!

I was sleeved July 9th. I am still very sore but getting my fluids down and yesterday got 50 grams of protien. Feeling very tight in my chest.

If it helps any, I'm a little ahead of you all and was sleeved on May 23rd. As of yesterday I am 7 weeks post-op and I'm 43 lbs down. My surgery was better than textbook, according to my Dr, I experienced no nausea, nor did I have a metal taste, but I understand that to be related to the anesthesia. As soon as all of that is gone out of your body, your metal taste should go away as well.

The tightness and pain you're experiencing in your chest/stomach area is most likely the gas used to inflate us so that everything is visible to the surgical team for the surgery. This gas can longer forever sometimes. The best thing you can do is move and walk as much as your body will allow you. I was up and walking right away after surgery and I continued one I was home. I didn't have any problems with it after that. One of you mentioned you were in ICU after surgery. I think it's pretty standard with conservative doctors. I was also in ICU but it was ASICU (after surgery ICU), strictly for precautionary measures because had you leaked out, it would have been imperative for them to know immediately.

I wish you all the best. Most of you are younger than me and I wish I could've done this years ago. But it happened when it was supposed to. I'm 49 and have 3 children. My children are 17, 12 and 9. I feel so much better than I did 43 lbs ago and am better able to feel up to doing more things with my children. I will give one warning....at about your third to fourth week post-op you may have a stall. I learned about that myself and I got in here and found that it was pretty normal. It took me a couple weeks to get last that stall and I started losing again, only a little slower than at first, but still at about 2 lbs a week instead of about a lb a day.

Hope that bit of info helps. I'll be happy to help out with any other questions, if I can! Best wishes and happy sleeves!

Donna Coker

Thank you. I am feeling better today and I am now 1 lb less than the day of surgery. The gas is getting better. Hopefully I will return to work on Monday. I am walking around a lot and drinking all my Water. ..hoping to get down at least 1 protien shake today.

Thank you for ur support and even tho u are weeks ahead of us it will mean a lot to me to have u I might go through something u have already thanks....

Now guys what are u guys eating I been able to take Water and Gatorade down but it's taking me for ever maybe all day for 40oz down

Thank you for ur support and even tho u are weeks ahead of us it will mean a lot to me to have u I might go through something u have already thanks....<br><br> Now guys what are u guys eating I been able to take Water and Gatorade down but it's taking me for ever maybe all day for 40oz down

I was sleeved on July 7th also! I'm able to drink diet snapple, water and Powerade zero.. The Gatorade is way to sweet for me now! I tried some cream Soup last night but i don't think I was ready for that..

I was sleeved on July 7th also! I'm able to drink diet snapple, Water and Powerade zero.. The Gatorade is way to sweet for me now! I tried some cream Soup last night but i don't think I was ready for that..

am thinking on trying the cream Soups today but not sure did it make u feel bad??

I was told only Water protien shakes and chicken broth for 2 weeks post op. It is a challenge to drink all of that but I just take small sips all day. I do not have any desire to eat at all. I feel full constantly.