Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I am having surgery on sept 16 3014. I am pretty nervous. I am on the 5th day of shakes. I am feeling very sluggish . Not much energy. I am doing 3 shakes and a Protein Bar.< /p>

Anyone else going through the same thing .

I am also 9/16! Congrats???? My doc has me on 2-3 Protein Shakes a day and a high Protein low carb dinner , consist of 4-6 oz of very lean protein, 1 cup of veggies, 1/2 cup of carbs like rice or potato- cannot have oil , butter, etc. 2nite I couldn't even finish my dinner, which is a good thing I guess. I've had a mild headache for days and also like you feel sluggish, and tired. I'm so excited that it helps combat and tiredness. 2 nite my husband bought pizza n Eggplant parm for the family, while I was taking a nap. Needless to say, I'm also a bit cranky now too! LOL

Hi I hustled turned 53 in July. But want to have better health. That would be great.

Same here, I was 53 in August n getting sleeved 9/16, , I want good health n long life. Wish I did this sooner, but it's never too late !

I am not sure if I am envious of you for getting the meal or not. I get the Protein Bar and it's not do great. I am trying to only do the shakes and bar for now. My doctor says I can have Clear Liquids and other things but I am seeing if I can make it through with out it . I have lost 13 pounds in 5 days but I have alot to loose.

My hubby is trying hard to not eat in front of me but he just had a snickers ice cream bar ummm lol.

Hi, fluff! I'm scheduled for the 17th in Tijuana, Mexico. I started my all liquid preop diet on Sept. 3rd. I've lost 8 lbs. So far. Woohoo! The preop diet, being extremely low carb is very difficult for me. I ordered the usual Friday night pizza for the kids and that wasn't as hard to deal with as the hot pockets they cook in the microwave. And I don't even like hot pockets but they smell so good. I have a headache occasionally due to coke zero withdrawal but the worst is the burning sensation in my stomach and feeling weak. I've noticed that when I drink a whole 20 oz. cold bottled Water at once it helps with the stomach pain. I am famous for not drinking enough and never drink water so I am really needing to change my ways. I like the Premier Protein shakes and actually like all the flavors including vanilla but I really like hydroxycut shakes too cause they're thinner. If it wasn't for the SF Jello and ST Popsicles I wouldn't have made it so far. Keep posting because reading these posts keeps me focused.

Getting more and more excited!!! 80 hours to surgery!!! Losers bench here I come!!!!

Let us know how you do. Good luck!!!

I am not sure if I am envious of you for getting the meal or not. I get the Protein bar and it's not do great. I am trying to only do the shakes and bar for now. My doctor says I can have Clear Liquids and other things but I am seeing if I can make it through with out it . I have lost 13 pounds in 5 days but I have alot to loose.

My hubby is trying hard to not eat in front of me but he just had a snickers ice cream bar ummm lol.

you are prob better off going all liquids, you will be more prepared afterwards ???????? Isn't it so exciting!!! Can't wait to throw out my fat clothes in my closet and not wear "old lady" shoes any more????????

Hi i am scheduled for Sept 25, Betternai88, so exciting we will have to keep in touch!

I am excited have already gotten in an old pair of 501s little snug but not for long. Love my 501s I'm a jeans girl. Looking forward to having more.

Tomorrows my day!

I'm really nervous but ready.

Put a topic up about it on the Pre-op board and I'll continue to post there.

Tomorrows my day! I'm really nervous but ready. Put a topic up about it on the Pre-op board and I'll continue to post there.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how the surgery goes. I'm still 16 days away.

Hey September sleevers!! I'm not schedule until the 26th however, this Sunday I'm cleaning out my closet right now separating all the clothes that I NEVER want to wear again 16-20 and the ones that I haven't worn in years 8-12! Also I purchased a pair of size 6 jeans (my personal goal for my 4"11 small frame) from a store that's going out of business clearance rack $10.00.... I really want to part with shoes too but um.... I'll wait I have shoe sizes ranging from 6-8!!! And that's including half sizes!! I'm excited for EVERY newbie here on these forums!:)

Edited by waitingtoexhale

Hey WTE, I had the same idea....it's kind of crazy how many different sizes I have! I'm scheduled for the 16th ~ nervous but excited. So far doing ok with the liquid diet. ????

Tomorrow (Monday) is my day. In Boston :) anyone wanna be date buddies? Xoxo

Good luck!! I don't have the same date (9/29) but I am in Boston. I'll be sleeved at Tufts. Good luck!! Keep us posted on how you're doing.