Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 29th Sleevers Where Are You?!?

I am scheduled for July 30! I am having my "last meal" tonight and starting taking my Protein Shakes with water/ clear liquid diet first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi all: July 29th will be my one year anniversary! 108.5 pounds lost, new job, new city, new house, new hair, big smile! Good luck all!

WTG! That's amazing! :-)

Hey all

I'm the 29th too. Starting the liquids but struggling just to get started partly cause I haven't found a Protein mix i'm a fan of either. Bought a couple of Protein shot type drinks have to look at their sats.. most no carbs or low carb with splenda or other sweetener.. gonna probably mix with gatorade or something else cause I'm not sure how they taste on their own.. anybody try these? What are everybody's favorites protein mixes?

I am continuing to use the Protein I have on hand from before now...I liked them with milk but they have been good with Water too, although I prefer them VERY cold if made with Water. I like to mix a scoop with only 7 oz or so of water so they are slightly thicker and more flavorful, and then pour over ice in a glass with a straw. It feels a little more indulgent that way or something ;-) although I know after surgery apparently straws are a no no :-( the powders I am using now are Muscle Pharm Combat vanilla and Controlled Labs ProNom23 chocolate a Cupcake batter. After surgery, it was recommended to me to do a Protein isolate specifically so I have ordered BSN syntha 6 isolate for that, and some Protein Shots, I haven't tried them yet though, so I can't attest to the flavor of those. But the others I have mentioned are really great!!! I also am allowed Clear Liquids like phase 1 after surgery so I just stocked up on low sodium chicken broth, sugar free jell-o, and sugar free popsicles for some variety. Also got some aloe water which I love....it's slightly sweet but only about 18 calories for 8 oz and aloe is apparently really good for alleviating both diarrhea and constipation...both of which I have wondered if I may suffer from in this process :-X

I have gone back and forth between being scared and excited but mostly how I am just excited :-)

How is everyone else feeling? Any other recommendations from anyone else?

The 29th here too! Started liquids yesterday. Had pre-op visit today, they found a hiatal hernia when i had the upper GI tests done 6 months ago so i'll be getting that repaired as well. Havent been nervous just excited and wishing it was done already.

Hi,

Just checking on all us July 29thers. I guess today makes 10 days to go. Is that the count everyone else has? (Wow, I have to ask? - my denial must really run deep :)

There are so many very intense emotions going through me and they vary so much every hour. The euphoric one are totally amazing - the panic stricken, "what the F** am I doing to myself - you must have lost your F**n mind" ones,,, not so much fun.

Is there anyone whose doctor only requires 24 hours or 72 hours of liquids?

I want to hear how everyone is doing. Does it ever feel surreal?

Have a great day!!!

Does anyone know how to join the secret Facebook page for July Sleevers?

Hi,<br><br> Just checking on all us July 29thers. I guess today makes 10 days to go. Is that the count everyone else has? (Wow, I have to ask? - my denial must really run deep :)<br><br> There are so many very intense emotions going through me and they vary so much every hour. The euphoric one are totally amazing - the panic stricken, "what the F** am I doing to myself - you must have lost your F**n mind" ones,,, not so much fun.<br><br> Is there anyone whose doctor only requires 24 hours or 72 hours of liquids?<br><br> I want to hear how everyone is doing. Does it ever feel surreal? <br> Have a great day!!!

Hi! I am scheduled July 29 th as well!! Boy do I understand the mix of emotions! I have thought that maybe I was the only one with crazy emotions, I am so glad I'm not!!

I'd love to chat sometime, as I am looking for a buddy.

Hey there...North Carolina here too and surgery on 7/29 at 7:30 a.m. Very excited!

I am on day 6 of my pre-op diet. It seems to be getting harder. I was actually hungry all day yesterday for the first time. I broke down and had a cup of coffee on Sunday- and it made my headache go away.... Such a relief. I hope it doesn't come back again.

I would love to know as well!!!

I would love to know as well!!

Hey there...North Carolina here too and surgery on 7/29 at 7:30 a.m. Very excited!

Where in NC are you? Greensboro here

if you friend me on FB i can add you to the secret page for July Sleevers and then i will delete you from my personal page. Kimberly Powers profile pic is blue with me ziplining

Edited by mamabear9402

Just checking in to see how everyone is holding up. I'm struggling getting all my liquids in.