Experiences with Phentermine?

123 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Stacy0430 said:

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concertned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

This surgery gives you a chance to change your relationship with food. If you don't do the work, the results will not be that great long term. You have to decide if you are ready for making lasting change.

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concerned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

Yes, I am active daily. An average week I walk about 15-20 miles outside on a track for exercise. I have been on Vyvanse for almost two months with a monitored diet (low carb, no caffeine, high Protein based) and I have lost almost 21 lbs so far. And I still have high bp and it hasn't had any bad effect on it so far. I'm still on the starting dose. My insurance won't pay for the surgery so I can't speak for those who have had it and are now having problems. I am beginning to understand what I have been doing wrong for so many years. I lost 100 lbs two years ago with diet and hard work (exercise too) and then I became careless. I do not want to be 250 lbs again. Ever!

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Stacy0430 said:

Do any of you exercise consistently? No judgement here. I am just pre surgery and becoming very concerned that the surgery is not very useful if everyone is gaining weight post surgery and needing medications to lose weight I'm confused...

Can only speak for myself--the only exercise I do is walking at my job (which can get up to 1.5 miles a day), since the temperatures here in Texas have been brutal this summer (106 the other day) and I don't have access to a gym.

I had the surgery in 2014 and lost about 65 lbs post op. It was worth it. Medications are not needed to lose the weight, and I think phentermine is horrible for you. We had a Dr. start us on that and a more competent Dr. took us off it, saying it was dangerous. The surgery should work for you as long as you follow the "rules"; i.e. no drinking carbonated beverages, following the dietary guidelines, trying not to have Water with meals, etc.