Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

meal plan needed

@@nyree74 did you have a nutritionist as part of your medical team when you were banded? How long have you been banded?

Yes I did I was just looking for something new because I'm coming on my yr July 18 and I'm only Dwn 30lbs

Ah, I understand. I asked because if you were newly banded I wouldn't want to interfere with the Doctors diet protocols.

30 pounds down is great, I know it doesn't feel like much but it really does take time to get to know your band and how to work it.

When was the last time you saw your doc for a fill or an assessment? Maybe give them a call and get back in there to see if you need some Fluid put in and try a "reset" go back to band basics and created a good structure from there that works for you.

The beauty of WLS is that we are not stuck on a diet, but we need to structure a meal plan for ourselves. I have my fitbit set to go off on alarm at 12:30 to remind me that I need to make lunch and eat it. I get engrossed in work and then I am starving later and can either eat too much or too fast and cause a problem for myself. So now I make sure to have a plan before that happens.

Often times I don't have the time or take the time to make lunch so I'll have to hit the cafe here and today it's a cup of turkey chili and a small green salad with little raspberry vinaigrette dressing and feta cheese.

My mornings are usually a Protein bar because I am on the go from 6 am till about 10-11 and that is an easy unwrap and go with a cup of coffee.

My main meal is usually lunch, if I hit the gym after work my band is tight and a full dinner doesn't sit well or have enough time to digest before bed, so I'll have a shake and/or a bar for dinner or something small at the diner like eggs.

Myfitness pal and spark people have some good ideas and can help you structure some meal plans, or put them into your smart phone to keep a solid time frame and structure that often helps me as well.

Our bodies are ALL diff! 30 pounds is great! I was banded in March as of today I've lost 55 pounds! BUT I exercise 5-6 days per week nor do I consume anything white! No bread, sugar, Pasta, potatoes or rice. I haven't even started on whole grains yet. I try to follow docs orders of Protein first, no eating and drinking. I haven't reached green zone yet. I really feel it's more me than the band. I can definitely eat more than I do but I've learned to be satisfied but not full. What's a typical day for you. I usually have a hot Protein Drink in the mornings and some kind of meat and green veggie for lunch and dinner. I will have fruit but not very often. If I snack it's usually on almonds and a piece of cheese. Don't give up on your journey! Pull of your beginners info and start over! We are rooting for you!! Good luck!

I used to get free meal plans off a site called fitclick. You can customize protien levels. carb levels, calorie levels...and it will create a meal plan according to what you selected..and a shopping list! I may go there again myself...but I am just newly banded and don't feel I need it. It could help develop a structure for you...not sure if all food it suggests will be band friendly, though...but might be worth a try? You could always sub in band friendly food.

I went and logged back into fitclick..put my required calories, protien and carbs..and selected meals..it gave me a meal plan, so it still works! It also has workout plans as well. I may start using it again myself..lol!