Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is mine. I start pre-op diet on Monday. For my final pre-surgery meal, I will be making a nice filet, corn on the cob & having an ice cold beer. Those 3 things can not be substituted or modified on the flip side, so that is why I chose them over some other favorites. I feel that my unhealthy relationship with food is finally coming to an end, and I am glad that I will have some closure tomorrow.

What will your last supper be? Or what WAS your last supper if you already had it?

i had many. pizza, subs, seafood, stromboli, Pasta, all sorts of appetizers from EVERY restaurant i loved. it went on for about 2 weeks.

some friends of mine actually took a notepad and made a list of all of the things they wanted before surgery, and they crossed each one off as they went along...

i truly believe there is nothing that i won't be able to have eventually, even a good filet and corn on the cob- hopefully.

i'm only 11 days out but so far having NO problems. good luck to you on your pre op!

You're being very "good" for that "last supper." No dessert? Or two? :-)

Mine was mild; I had two knockwursts and baked Beans. Oh well. But now, I enjoy some filet mignon or other meats. Hey, protein!

Enjoy, whatever you eat, and remember, you'll likely still get to eat foods you like, just not in the same amounts. Have fun!

Ahhh the food funerals! I had many before I started my pre-op diet....so many that I decided to start my pre-op diet a day early. I had lots of pastas, pizzas, steaks, etc. leading up to my pre-op diet.

The night before my surgery, my doc gave me the green light to eat anything I wanted. I was shocked - no restrictions other than no all you can eat buffets (we were in Las Vegas) and "don't overdo the red meat". My husband and I were shocked. We asked twice to make sure! That night we had a wonderful dinner - the decision making was hard...Mexican? Italian? Burgers and fries? We decided on Italian - it was awesome and it really had little do with the actual food, it was more about the experience. Slowly eating our appetizer (stuffed peppers) and really talking and connecting. Then on the main course (chicken and penna w/ white sauce for me) where we took samples off each other's plate. Then dessert - we ordered two, but didn't all of it. It was amazing!

The funny thing about the food funerals or saying goodbye to food...it wasn't necessary. I really don't care about those kinds of foods any more. I still get enjoyment out of food and I can eat lots of different kinds of food (I have a sleeve of steel - the only thing that bothers my stomach is my bariatric Vitamins and lettuce). Food doesn't rule my life any more - it's fantastic!

So, enjoy your last meal...savor it. Enjoy it with friends or family or significant other. It's not necessarily good bye, maybe "see you later". :-)

My last supper will be a Protein shake. I've made the decision not to indulge in the foods that got me the way that I am. I decided that I am a food-a-holic at least in regards to anything Italian (I love pizza and pasta). I'm just afraid I'll binge on the meal. For me it's like a bad relationship. I'm drawn to it but I know its not good for me and the best thing I can do is just stay away.

Everyone is different and this is not meant to pass judgment on anyone that has a last supper. For me I am now in a comfortable place where I do not crave these foods any longer and don't want to start the craving and mental hunger for these foods all over again.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery and if you are going to have that last meal of your favorites go ahead, do it in moderation and by all means enjoy it without guilt.

Mcbutterpants.....Wow! You were able to eat real food the night before? Amazing! I'm on a two week full liquid diet. No exceptions. Did you have to do the two week liquid preop diet?

I ate real food the night before surgery, too. And it was with permission. One meal does not undo your liver-shrinking pre op diet.

I didn't really have food funerals, either. I just ate the one thing I would likely struggle with post sleeve - pizza, chicken tenders and a full fat coke. It was delicious, but frankly, I was done with the things which got me into this mess.

Consequently, 17 hours later, it was head down, stomach removed, new life begun.

I can eat pizza now, and chicken tenders, and can drink a coke. Do I want to? Occasionally. Does it make me feel 'sated'? Nope, the thought is now better than the reality. It actually makes me feel a bit dirty inside.. and hungry, less than two hours later. I'm much better with steak and salad.

That's a good thing, for me, at least. :)

nope. i figured i had had plenty of times in my life where i ate without any thought of the consequences. i didnt feel the need.

my H and i went out for wood fired pizza and ate 3/4s of a personal pizza 2 days before surgery. it was yummy and i have had pizza 2 times since then. (its been a year)

I was planning on having pad thai, but I was too tired to go out after work so I settled on a 12" subway and chips....don't even remember what kind. It's all a moot point anyways, because after about 3 months I could eat anything I want. Just no carbonation....guess I should have feasted on beer (like I've never done THAT before!)

Edited by Kindle

I'll have to be careful not to indulge too much because I have to lose 11lbs before they'll approve my surgery. I do plan to have Pasta from my favorite place and a few more diet sodas before I have to give them up forever.

I'll have to be careful not to indulge too much because I have to lose 11lbs before they'll approve my surgery. I do plan to have Pasta from my favorite place and a few more diet sodas before I have to give them up forever.

yes i was warned to not gain any weight before surgery. i didnt lose any. :(

Well...I just finished eating that filet & corn on the cob. It was probably the first time in years that I took my time and paid close attention to what I was eating. If I had just done that all along, instead of shoveling food into my mouth (not even realizing when I was full)...maybe I would have had a healthier relationship with food. Maybe. Either way, I'm glad I had the closure of one last meal as my "old self". The new and improved version hits the pavement hard tomorrow! I am more than ready!

3 months ago I cried because it seemed so far away, and i just wanted it to be July soooo bad.

It's finally my time, and I will roll with the hunger, the headaches & fatigue of the next 2 weeks of pre-op diet and keep my eyes on the prize!

Next July I hope to lay out & go swimming every chance I get. Right now, it's what I avoid 100%.

Cheers to all of us who are choosing a better, healthier life!

Ginger Lim, your new life is just beginning. It will be so worth it!

My last food indulgence was a large size bowl of soft frozen yogurt with hot fudge sauce. Haven't missed it since being sleeved!

I am now two months out and I cannot remember what I had. I had to loose 10 lbs in 2 weeks before my surgery so I was concentrating on that. As I see it, someday I may eat a little bit of what I missed but right now I am really enjoying my weight loss.