Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still having incisional pain. It's burning and stabbing. And I was sleeved on 8/26 too. I haven't lost anything really.I sneezed today, without a pillow to brace myself. Ouch! In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that I did all this and I won't lose weight. Many, many mind tricks. Because of the incisional pain, I have found it hard to walk like I know I should. I had a hernia repair too and I think I bumped it yester5 because I think the scab started bleeding. I'm just going to be honest, I am praying that I get through these days quickly. I am an active person normally and being stranded by pain is a little depressing. I guess it didn't help that I have a previous back injury that makes it even more difficult to be comfortable. Ok I'm done venting. I am praying for all of us to be healthy and successful in our journeys.

@@mskiesha29 so what I found I really like for an alternative to ice cream is take plain Greek yogurt put in Splenda or trivia to sweeten and a scoop of polanders all fruit jam or you can use smuckers simply fruit (I like the strawberry) blend well or in a blender and then freeze it. When you take it out of the freezer let it thaw a few minutes to soften. It really tastes so good and you are getting in Protein from the Greek yogurt. Hope you try it!!! I was skeptical at first but really do enjoy it.

@@motherof5 give it time. I felt the exact same way. Had these horrible spasms right in the middle of my chest. It hurt! But eating yogurt seemed to help soothe that, not sure why. Give it time. I am just 2 weeks out and notice as I am healing how I can tolerate my Protein Shakes much better and can drink more. You are just very swollen give it some time it gets better, but definitely an emotional roller coaster.

August 20th sleeved today Monday for past few days feeling really tired and worn out. Just ate 2 bites of my scrambled eggs got a pain in my chest ( scary) my husband said I ate too fast. Now I am laying down. Tried drinking crystal light disgusting and too sweet yuck.. Omg will I ever b sone wat normal again? I can't even tidy my house no flipping energy in my entire body. Tell me this is temporary. Wat have I done I keep asking myself.

OMG Karen I feel the same way sometimes!!! I just start crying, but fortunately I have a wonderful friend that lives by me. She was sleeved in February and has lost 160lbs. I call her all the time. I said the same thing to her. What did I do? She tells me it gets better. So much better. As you lose weight, heal, and can eat more your energy comes back to you. When you se the weight loss you won't miss eating some old food, why would you want to she said. Why go back and take away all that weight loss? You did this for the weight loss, and I have noticed like with so many other diets where I would try and rush the weight loss I find myself trying to rush my healing process. We just have to reminds ourselves to SLOW down. We had just had major surgery!! Of course we are tired surgery + limited nutrition coming in so it's going to take a little bit to even out. Everything will be ok.

Karen my surgery was the 25th. I haven't tried any food yet. But I am about to. Lol. I can't take those Protein Shakes and I kinda feel like I can start. Today would have been my one week post op but because of the holiday I can't go in until Wednesday. I wonder what I did to myself too. It's very scary and since I didn't have any co morbidities (yet) but I am sure I was on my way. I kinda wished I would have continued my Quest to lose on my own. Oh well that is over now and it is what it is. So I am going to do what I have to, to get through this part. It is very depressing though. I feel you. Good luck to you and if you ever want to pm me I will be here for ya.

I agree with you all this whole process is overwhelming... I swear

OMG Karen I feel the same way sometimes!!! I just start crying, but fortunately I have a wonderful friend that lives by me. She was sleeved in February and has lost 160lbs. I call her all the time. I said the same thing to her. What did I do? She tells me it gets better. So much better. As you lose weight, heal, and can eat more your energy comes back to you. When you se the weight loss you won't miss eating some old food, why would you want to she said. Why go back and take away all that weight loss? You did this for the weight loss, and I have noticed like with so many other diets where I would try and rush the weight loss I find myself trying to rush my healing process. We just have to reminds ourselves to SLOW down. We had just had major surgery!! Of course we are tired surgery + limited nutrition coming in so it's going to take a little bit to even out. Everything will be ok.

thanks I really needed that.

Karen my surgery was the 25th. I haven't tried any food yet. But I am about to. Lol. I can't take those Protein Shakes and I kinda feel like I can start. Today would have been my one week post op but because of the holiday I can't go in until Wednesday. I wonder what I did to myself too. It's very scary and since I didn't have any co morbidities (yet) but I am sure I was on my way. I kinda wished I would have continued my Quest to lose on my own. Oh well that is over now and it is what it is. So I am going to do what I have to, to get through this part. It is very depressing though. I feel you. Good luck to you and if you ever want to pm me I will be here for ya.

thnx

Tomorrow will be my 4 week VSG post-op and I've had every emotion you could imagine! 3 days post surgery I literally sat in by bathroom crying asking what the hell did I do to myself! But now as time has passed I'm realizing that I'm having to change everything I've ever known about eating and proper nutrition and exercise! This is a total lifestyle change and now I'm all in because a 32lbs loss in 3 weeks is no joke! It's working and I'm going to take full advantage of my restrictions of what I can eat because I have 110lbs to go to goal! Hang in there it will get easier!

I had mine's august 5th. Lost 34 lbs. I feel good. Pre op my dr put me on a 5 days before surgery liquid diet. Post op 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks puréed, then 2 weeks soft foods. When I'm preparing foods for my family, I'm thinking, I'll eat again in a couple months. So that keeps me from doubting my decision to have surgery. The main reason I had surgery was for my son, I want to be able to run with him, chase him around, and have an active life style. I want to be able to live to see him graduate high school, college and maybe get married. I'd like to be able to baby sit my grand kids. My husband is about to start his journey on getting insurance approval. 6 months of criteria to fulfill. We will be each other's support.

Edited by kimglash

Today is much better than yesterday. The pain over my large incision is considerably less. I am 4 days out and am still on liquids. I tried to do too much yesterday and I paid for it. One day at a time.... Good luck everyone!

To be honest a few days out I was starving couldn't wait to eat real food. Could not finish my scrambled egg this morning, took me 2 hrs to finish a non fat yogurt, now it's dinner mashed potato with pink salmon with sweet peppers and cranberries all mixed together, 3 bites and I get a pain in in right side. I guess that's my cue that I am full. Omg. Will I b able to eat more after awhile. wen I make my own food how do I log it into my fitness? Does anyone else gets that pain in ur right side after eating

I'm 11 days out and I have to say THANK GOD! Yesterday was probably the first time that I finally feel like myself. I'm happy with my progress and have lost 14 lbs since my surgery on Aug 20th. I started cooking for my family and cleaned the house some today. Not lifting anything does slow me down but I feel great. I am currently on Protein Shakes for another 11 days and boy it's not easy. I'm sick of them already. The only ones that I really like is the chocolate premier. I'm just getting tired of it. Now I do like the chicken broth Protein from Unjury. Prayers out to all of you!

I also feel you about the crystal light I can't drink it either to sweet so I got a lemon and infused it in Water and drink it it better and not to sweet but u have favor if you need it.

I squeeze some lemon juice in, cuts some of the sweetness and adds flavor.