Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP Right side pain under rib cage!

Hi everyone I am 6 weeks post op from lap band surgery. I have been doing great. Lost 23lbs. Feeling good and going to the gym. But 2 days ago I started to get this dull ache in my right side underneath my rib cage. I can feel a hard bump ( I assuming that is my port ) i don't have any nausea or acid reflux. I don't have a gallbladder ( removed over 10 years ago). Worried so any answers or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure that isn't the anterior end of the short rib below the (usually) long T10?

As we begin to lose our 'continental glacier' layers of fat, the melting ice starts revealing stuff long hidden below.

One night I about gave myself a seizure of some kind when I discovered part of my own hip bone last seen circa 1958!

But if it gives you ongoing pain, have your provided palpate for further consideration.

Great progress BTW!!!!

Edited by Jack

Are you sure that isn't the anterior end of the short rib below the (usually) long T10?

As we begin to lose our 'continental glacier' layers of fat, the melting ice starts revealing stuff long hidden below.

One night I about gave myself a seizure of some kind when I discovered part of my own hip bone last seen circa 1958!

But if it gives you ongoing pain, have your provided palpate for further consideration.

Great progress BTW!!!!

Not sure it is right above my scar for my port. Pretty sure it's the port I am feeling. Just the pain has me worried and is really uncomfortable. Thanks I have been working hard in the gym.

I had a pretty tender port area for quite a while, especially when working hard or (dumb move) using it as a fulcrum to bend into a utility trailer just the right height.

Such concerns can be readily evaluated by a call to your surgeon.

I just went through the same thing! I'm 3 weeks post op.... not sure what was causing it, but it seems to be going away. Lasted about 4 days. Was really achey right under the right rib cage and hurt to turn certain ways or take a deep breath. I was thinking it might be the port area as well..or maybe I tweaked a muscle. No idea... Just thankful it has gotten better.

Called my doctor and left a message. Hoping to hear from them soon. Pain is worse this morning but I still went to the gym,

Keep me posted...I still feel it, but it is nearly gone now.

Keep me posted...I still feel it, but it is nearly gone now.

Will do. Glad to hear it is going away.

How's your right side doing? All okay?