Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other August 5th surgeries!?!?!?

I have a almost 2 year old. She will be 2 Aug 30th. I am worried about her climbing all over me. Wanting me to put her to bed (lay in bed with her). I am a SAHM and lucky my boyfriend (her dad) works from home also.

I have a 2 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. My son won't be a problem, but my daughter likes me to carry her or lift her onto a bed and she is around 30 lbs. That will be tough to deal with. Luckily my parents live around the corner so she will spend a lot of time over there. And my husband will be there at night and weekends to tend to the kids.

I'm in the nervous/excited stage. I'm also feeling a lot of guilt. I feel like a did this to myself and if only I had the will power or went to the gym more, I wouldn't have to have part of my stomach removed forever. It sounds so drastic.

Then I think about how I never do anything for myself and this will be for me. But also for my kids. I don't want to be the fat, tired Mom anymore. I want to play soccer with my kids without getting out of breath. I want to be able to swing on a playground swing. I want to take my kids to shows or on airplanes where I don't have to squeeze into the seat. I want more energy to enjoy life.

<p>I have a 2 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. My son won't be a problem, but my daughter likes me to carry her or lift her onto a bed and she is around 30 lbs. That will be tough to deal with. Luckily my parents live around the corner so she will spend a lot of time over there. And my husband will be there at night and weekends to tend to the kids. </p> <p> </p> <p>I'm in the nervous/excited stage. I'm also feeling a lot of guilt. I feel like a did this to myself and if only I had the will power or went to the gym more, I wouldn't have to have part of my stomach removed forever. It sounds so drastic. </p> <p> </p> <p>Then I think about how I never do anything for myself and this will be for me. But also for my kids. I don't want to be the fat, tired Mom anymore. I want to play soccer with my kids without getting out of breath. I want to be able to swing on a playground swing. I want to take my kids to shows or on airplanes where I don't have to squeeze into the seat. I want more energy to enjoy life. </p>

I am with you on all this! My kids are 2.5 and 1.5. My biggest fear along with all you stated is I do the surgery and it doesn't work. I feel the same guilt that I should of never gotten myself in this situation.

I am so excited to do all the things you mentioned as well with my kids. I think I still am struggling to think this is a real possibility and a year from now I will be the weight I want to (or a lot closer too it)!

august 4th here ! Start my pre op diet on monday... Scared $hitless!

There is still the chubby girl in me who thinks I am going to fail like I did aswk the times I tried losing weight before. But then again, I also feel really motivated. It really is a roller coaster ride of emotions.

I'm supposed to be sleeved on August 5 or August 12, I should find out for sure by Wednesday!

There is still the chubby girl in me who thinks I am going to fail like I did aswk the times I tried losing weight before. But then again, I also feel really motivated. It really is a roller coaster ride of emotions.

I feel exactly the same way you do. I'm afraid because I already eat really well and I'm afraid I'm going to do this and nothing will change except that I can no longer eat :-/ I'm sure though that we will succeed! It has to work! Right? ;)

I am also getting surgery on Aug 5. I got my registration date and blood work for surgery on July 30. Doing my pre-op diet doing two shakes and healthy dinner. First day went great. But then yesterday I cheated with Burger King for dinner sucks I felt like crap. Today I had a shake in the morning and then for lunch not so good had pernil and rice. I will love to join this group great motivation to go through this journey together and give ideas and pep talks like I need right now. Just let me know where to join the chat room

hang in there Jessicavtec1...

One day at a time...:)

If anyone wants to be a text buddy, you can PM me your number and I'll respond with mine.

I am also scheduled for August 7th and doing some exercises and jogging every morning. My friend suggested me to try some detox drink like lemon with cucumber. Yay! Feel so excited and don't know what else to do. What else do you prepare?

So how is everyone doing at their 1 day post op? I had my surgery yesterday at around 8:30am at a surgical center and was released around 4pm. The barium test was hard to swallow but it went all the way through me during the X-ray so they released me. Today I am miserable. Way more pain than yesterday at my incision points. Icing helps a lot. I'm so swollen inside I can only manage baby sips of Water and they seem to always get stuck. Stay away from Jello today! I chewed up a tiny bite till it was paste and I choked on it. I gagged on it about 5 times and it eventually went down. Anyone else having problems getting broth and jello down? I find ice pops to be the easiest. Good luck all my fellow Aug 5 sleevers!

Hi all..sleeved on monday 8/4..did the swallow test yesterday.. No leaks, but my peristalsis muscles ( the ones that push down the food thru your esophagus) seem to have fallen asleep temporarily from anesthesia. This stops the flow into my pouch.. Which means i cannot stay hydrated on my own..which means i must stay until it wakes up again.. Sigh... Other than that...no gas pains.. Not really uncomfortable at all.. Just a bit tender on my belly..i got 5 incisions. Hopefully be out by tomorrow. :(

Hi I'm from England having my gastric sleeve with fobi ring a week tommorow very anxious I have three children and I lost my mum as a child so scared x

Hi I'm from England having my gastric sleeve with fobi ring a week tommorow very anxious I have three children and I lost my mum as a child so scared x