Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June sleevers, check-in!

Sleeved on June 24th.

HW: 289.5

SW: 276.5

CW: 271

I had gained 2 lbs in the hospital from all the fluids and such but it came off in a day or two. I came home on full liquids but it took me a day or two to acclimate to it. Next week I get to move to purée, I'm so excited to chew! I use unflavored Protein powder added to Soups and such to get to at least 60g of Protein.

I was able to eat soft foods on day 3. Pretty crazy, doctors orders. Anyone else?

I was able to eat soft foods on day 3. Pretty crazy, doctors orders. Anyone else?

They had me on full liquids three days out, soft food 10 days out, and now regular food 2 weeks out.

I was on really soft foods day 3 as well. As of yesterday I'm in stage 3 soft foods they call it and can have deli lunch meat, potatoes, fish

Hello everyone! I am a lap-band to sleever. I was sleeved 06/09. I had to stay in the hospital for 2 days because they couldn't get my nausea and vomiting under control. However, I was super excited to have virtually zero pain. I still haven't used my pain medicine. My pain and recovery are much faster this time around. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting since the hospital. I started on soft foods yesterday and it's been a breeze so far!

HW: 246

SW: 226

CW: 205

GW: 130

I had my surgery on 6/28 and came home several pounds heavier due to the IV fluids ...still have 2 more to lose to get to my surgery weight. Overall feel good. Struggle with staying awake long enough to get in the amount of fluids recommended by my surgeon. He fixed a hiatal hernia when he did my sleeve. I'll be on Clear Liquids the first week and full liquids the following 2 weeks. I am so happy I did this and am looking forward to seeing the pounds drop off.

I went to my 2 weeks follow up today. The Dr. said I am doing great. I've lost 15 pounds since surgery. I just moved to the semi-solid phase for 1 week before going to soft foods next week. I agree that it is nice not to feel hungry all the time. However, my brain is still hard-wired to want more food than 1/4 cup. That will take some time to change.

I love how much money I'm not spending eating out and at the grocery store!

A $1 can of refried Beans lasts me four meals.

I had a band to sleeve revision that went flawlessly. I thank God that I did not have any band complications, such as excessive scaring. My surgery was June 2nd.

HW 375

Post-band weight 338

SW 332

CW 305

I see a lot of people talk about stalling out, but please realize this is normal. It's how our bodies "catch up" to what is going on. Stall's are healthy for our bodies, they suck, don't get me wrong. Try going to a monthly support group and the people there will be very open about this stuff. I am currently in one (a support group and a stall :)

Also, I know it is all psychological. Seeing that scale go up sucks, especially after all this...BUT, let your body do what it needs. Sit back, relax, and don't rush this. If you gain weight, it is not actual fat. It is simply Water weight your body is retaining. I know whenever my body retains Water and I go up 3-4 pounds, I am about to drop weight. It's just how my body works, before I go down in the scale I retain water for a few days. Then it drops off.

Take a deep breath and just ride this out.

Well I was sleeved on June 17th. I have had ups and downs, but am happy. Kind of upset that I still want to eat the normal items I did before, but working with doctor on that. My surgeon what awesome. Dr. Eric Harris from Puget Sound Surgical and the nurses were great. I did have issues, but it was my bodies fault. I had diarrhea then I got sick (which stunk), and then I got a rash where the purple glue was put. I am finally healing and walking a tone. I am so excited and ready to start working out again.

I started the journey at 260.

Weight at surgery was 245.

Current weight is 230 to 235 as I am constipated now the diarrhea is gone.

Looking forwarded to losing more, but waiting to check until I am 100% healed as body still swollen from issues.

Let me know how you are doing or if you ran into the issues I did.

HW- 278

SW- 270

CW- 247

Surgery was June 5th. No complications. Feeling really good but I do get weak and lightheaded sometimes. It's my own fault. I'm SURE I'm not drinking enough or getting enough Protein. I have 5 kids 7 years and younger and it has been very hard keeping track of everything and getting in walks. But I figure I'm doing my best and if I'm not getting enough Protein there's not much I can do about it since I can't force down any more than what im already getting in. I have three protein meals a day and aim for 2 Protein shakes a day. But the shakes are the only thing I've had a really hard time getting down. They make me feel sick for some reason. :( it sucks since that's the easiest way to get protein in. But it's really nice being on soft food now. Enjoying tuna, meatloaf, eggs, etc. nothing I've eaten has bothered me at all, thankfully. I'm so thrilled to have dinner with my family again! :)

I was sleeved on 06/19

HW - 318

Preop diet weight - 311

Surgery Weight - 294

Current Weight - 276

Everything is going good.

Thanks for the replys & the advice, I finally got a few lbs.below surgery weight today, so I'm not as discouraged as I was. My pain is a lot less today also! Sorry for being such a pessimist yesterday, I know this is going to be worth it in the long run!!

HW: 226

Before pre-op diet- 202

Pre-op- 192

Weight as of yesterday: 180.5

I was sleeved 2/26. I am having such a hard time getting in the fluids and drinking Protein shakes! I still have another whole week of liquids too! Oh boy! Other than that I am feeling pretty good today. :) how are all the other June sleepers doing?!