Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June sleevers, check-in!

When is stage 3 soft food supposed to start? I cannot find my papers! Today I'm 4 weeks or 1 month out. Anyone?

When is stage 3 soft food supposed to start? I cannot find my papers! Today I'm 4 weeks or 1 month out. Anyone?

You can start Now I think. For me (sleeve thru Kaiser) soft food starts just past 2 weeks. You are way past that.

Every surgeon has different rules and timing for the stages. My particular surgeon says soft foods starts 3 weeks from the date of discharge.

I was able to eat soft foods on day 3. Pretty crazy, doctors orders. Anyone else?

Me, too.

I'm thru kaiser and was able yo start 2 weeks out so it's been great this week.

Had my sleeve done on June 17th, no issues so far

HW: 350

SW: 315

CW: 296

On soft foods for 2 more weeks.

HW: 234

SW: 229

CW: 204

Surgery was 6/5

Doing great, no problems with Protein, Water or pureed, which I am on now. In fact, for lunch I mashed up 3 oz of avocado but got full after just half of that. My pureed list is very short due to being so pickey - so it's either yogurt, cottage cheese, avocado, refried Beans, Soups or Protein shakes. I have one more week on pureed and then move on to soft foods :)

Hey junies

Hw 242

Sw 236

Cw 217

Surgery was June 10th. I'm on soft solids and tolerated pretty well. Last nights meat ball did not go done so well but the 3 slices of turkey was good for lunch today! Right now I'm at a stall hopping it will be over soon. I'm also super hormonal. Any one else having hormonal issues ?

Thanks everyone! I was thinking my surgeon said soft foods at 30 days. Really though I don't know what to do for that that's actually good for me. I guess Soup. chicken does not feel good. Wish I had a recipe book.

Still only able to eat about 2-4 ounces a meal,

HW: 234

SW: 218

CW: 206

Thanks everyone! I was thinking my surgeon said soft foods at 30 days. Really though I don't know what to do for that that's actually good for me. I guess Soup. chicken does not feel good. Wish I had a recipe book.

You can have canned tuna with fat free mayo, avocados, scrambled eggs, baked, broiled or grilled fish, and any meat that has been cooked all day in the crockpot when you are at the soft food stage.

Just started having small issues a few days ago. Incision pain and had to switch up my Protein supplements. But I get so full hard for me to get in all my liquids and Protein. But so happy to have my sleeve. I am reminded by my husband and daughter to take it easy. I haven't felt this good in so long and over do it. My surgeon said that is why my incision is bothering me more than it should.

HW 315

SW 289 6/23

CW 272

Glad to have a check in source aka fellow June sleevers...

band to sleeve revision Surgery 6/24

HW 265

SW 225

CW 213

No regrets but the recovery time has been much more grueling, slow and emotionally painstaking than the band. I go back to work Monday but am still extremely sore on my left side..convinced I pulled a muscle.. Also still tire easily.. Seems the left side pain diminishes after 3 wks or so, would anyone agree?

Experimenting with foods and have been focusing on Protein shakes and Soups but can get greens down too.. Also experimenting with a lil bit of juicing. Last two days had some avocado and quickly feel nauseous, though it's soft maybe it's too pastey for me to have just yet..

Idk how some people have been drinking alcohol 1 wk or so out. I had three sips of wine yesterday and combine that with the avocado I wanted to die from feeling overfull. I love my wine and avocados and I know in time I will be able to have both in moderation but as of now I'm terrified to try it again..

My surgery date was June 3rd.

HW. 317

SW. 305

CW. 273.4

GW. 175