Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June sleevers, check-in!

I was sleeved on 6/27, I was just wondering how bad everyones pain was 1 week from surgery at the hole the stomach was removed from. I have a bad searing pain unless I press hard on the lump under the incision site. Other than this pain, I am doing great!!! I'm never hungry, I eat and drink with a spoon to slow down my drinking because drinking too fast as I have found this can be quite uncomfortable.

Edited by Weighted to long

<p>I was sleeved on 6/27, I was just wondering how bad everyones pain was 1 week from surgery at the hole the stomach was removed from. I have a bad searing pain unless I press hard on the lump under the incision site. Other than this pain, I am doing great!!! I'm never hungry, I eat and drink with a spoon to slow down my drinking because drinking too fast as I have found this can be quite uncomfortable.</p>

I was sleeved on 6/30. I have been managing my pain with Tylenol for the last couple of days. Without a doubt the left lateral site is my sorest site also but nothing like what you are describing.

My searing pain is down to a burning pain today, LOL!!! I was concerned about this pain because I didn't have it the 1st week post op and felt as if I had injured myself by not taking it easy enough towards the end of the first week. I haven't taken any pain meds because of Constipation for the last 5 days and I have been relatively comfortable except for the burning pain that I only have when I am getting up or down. So far today I'm feeling great, if I can remember to stay out of the garden, no bending or squatting, get in a couple of half hour walks...its going to be a wonderful day!!! :D

Surgery June 30. No pain only itching. Ugh!!

Of those that are alrady in the pureed stage, about how many calories are you taking in per day? I'm eating between 800 - 1,000 calories a day and have not been losing weight. This scares me. Prior to surgery, if I were to have eaten only 1,000 in a day I would have lost weight that day. WTH?!?!?!

Edited by Asdf12345

I hit an early stall when I moved to purees. It lasted 8 days. I was so frustrated because it didn't seem possible to not lose weight when I ate so little and it seemed too early for a stall. It finally ended and I'm moving on down. Hang in there, maybe you are just at your first stall.

Edited by katonaboat

I was sleeved on 14/6 lost 18lbs but I hit a stall 10 days ago.

It's really frustrating and I don't know how to get back to losing weight again..

I eat so little, but I just started eating some minced meat or chicken.< /p>

Of those that are alrady in the pureed stage, about how many calories are you taking in per day? I'm eating between 800 - 1,000 calories a day and have not been losing weight. This scares me. Prior to surgery, if I were to have eaten only 1,000 in a day I would have lost weight that day. WTH?!?!?!

I actually can't get to more than 500 cals in a good day..

Surgery June 5th

HW 247

SW 225

CW 204

5'3

I actually can't get to more than 500 cals in a good day..

Other people's sleeves must be smaller than mine. I've had absolutely zero problem with anything I've eaten, or with how quickly I have eaten it. I ate an entire chicken breast last night (it was mashed up) over a 10 minute time period. I fear I've gone through all this, only to have very little restriction.

Edited by Asdf12345

Hi Everyone,

I was sleeved on 6/6, and at that time I was 422. At the beginning of May I was 454. I weighed in on Sunday and I was 392, at 6 feet tall I have been walking between 2-4 miles daily, and eating about 600 calories on a good day. I have been lucky with fluids as I can get about 70 ounces daily. I moved through the different food stages with no problems, and have been on normal food now for about 2 weeks. I Love my sleeve, and am very pleased with the weight loss and cannot wait to keep on losing and getting healthy. The funny thing is I really don't enjoy eating anymore. It seems like my expectations don't measure up to reality, which has made sticking to low fat, low calorie, high Protein pretty easy. I hope everyone is doing well, and wish you all the best of luck.

@@Ripper, Your post is so refreshing. Someone doing well, losing weight and grateful for the surgery! Keep up the good work.

Sleeved 6/26

SW: 202

I am currently weighing in at 177. That was definitely the good news of my appointment today after having an allergic reaction to the steri-strip tape. Even through all my struggles, seeing numbers like that on the scale after not seeing them for many years makes me so thankful that I had the surgery :)

I'm on soft food phase and find for now that I have to chew until it becomes liquid and then wait at least 5 minutes between bites. This way, I don't get sick. I guess my tummy is shy and will take time to acclamate to its new size. :-)

I'm on soft food phase and find for now that I have to chew until it becomes liquid and then wait at least 5 minutes between bites. This way, I don't get sick. I guess my tummy is shy and will take time to acclamate to its new size. :-)

That is exactly how I eat too. I'm on puréed and am supposed to go to semi solid tomorrow. My eyes want to eat more but luckily my new tummy knows better!