Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please someone tell me that you're as emotional as I am! My surgery is on Monday (June 30) and I'm losing it! It's everything from "what if I die?" to "what if I mess up the diet"...and ALL the small things in between.

My fiancé probably thinks I'm nuts because I've cried the last two nights.

And maybe the death part is because my old self really will be dying in a sense.

I don't know but I'm pretty much psycho at this point! :(

Edited by Susanomic

My surgery isn't until the 5th of August; however, I know exactly what you are feeling. I work in the medical field and know a little too much about what will be going on. So, being a little psycho I think is normal. Just don't let it get the best of you.

I felt the same way. Cried multiple times before the big day and while in the bed waiting on my surgeon. My fears were mainly with the surgery itself and anesthesia. I let my anesthesiologist know as soon as he got there and he gave we something for anxiety. They were also nice enough to knock me out before going into the surgery suite . My advice, tell people your fears, ask your surgeon a million questions until you feel comfortable. I think the fear is really normal. The surgery wasn't bad. The two days after kinda sucked but every time I walked I felt better. Also felt significantly better when they quit giving me morphine since it made me nauseated. Just keep reading and learning. You will do great!!!!!

Susanomic,

My surgery is Monday also - hang in there! You can do it! :rolleyes:

I cried tonight over something ridiculous and then promptly started cleaning my house - crazy cleaning! I also started informing people of where things are in case I don't make it…….so I am right there with you! Any surgery is risky, but I have had a broken neck repaired, hysterectomy, broken shoulder and the surgeons have been skilled and the nursing care excellent. Several people who have had my surgeon perform the gastric bypass were ecstatic with the care they received and have had only positive results. Being a person of faith also helps me to get through the rough and rocky Patches - like everyday of the shakes! lol!

Tomorrow I drive 4 hours to where my surgery will take place and stay in a hotel the night before. Never had to do that before!

I am excited and nervous, but have faith that I would not be on this journey if it weren't the right one for me.

I will be thinking of all of you having surgery on Monday and sending you positive thoughts and energy!

YOU CAN DO IT! ;)

My surgery is in two days and I have spent the last few days hiding in my house crying. I am so afraid of everything, dying,not going through with it, gaining, not losing everything. Am I crazy ???

JGJ,

You are not crazy, but I know you can do this!

You have every right to be afraid, but take a moment to assess why you are afraid. Take baby steps and remember why you started this journey to begin with. I compare how my life would continue to be with the weight as opposed to all that I have to look forward to without the weight. Maybe that might help you?

Revisit your pro and con list and remember, whatever you choose to do, it's ok.

I just want to lose the weight so that I will be healthy and a lower weight will make all the difference. This surgery is a tool to help me, but I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. Everyone's timeline for doing this surgery is different. You have to get to a point where you know you can commit to it. My fear is always failing at this as I have every diet I have ever tried. But I feel assured that this will be the tool to help me get to a healthy weight.

I am doing this surgery this because I have Type II Diabetes, am on a C PAP machine at night, have Lupus, lymphoedema and I am tired of being tired and tired of being sick. I am tired of hurting, taking pills and feeling less than because i can't control my weight. This is my chance to take control and do this for me!

You can do it! Keep the faith and know I am sending you positive thoughts and energy!

My surgery is in 2 days (July 1st) and I must say, I'm not nervous or scared. At the very beginning of this journey, I said a prayer and asked God that if this is what He wants and this is what is best for me, THEN OPEN THE DOORS. Everything has fallen right into place. So, I have no reason to doubt that surgery will go fine. Also, I too have had a total hysterectomy and THAT was a difficult operation and recovery. I also am diabetic with several more health issues. Everyone is right. Before surgery, ask for something to calm you down. They know that's common. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Steviefan1

I am 3 days post-op. I was everything mentioned above. Broke my pre-op diet, had major conversations in my head, had tantrums in my mind... and then waltzed into the hospital the morning of, and joked about it all the way to the finish line. Anyone who asks me how I'm feeling, gets, "I am miserable but so happy" confuses them.

Thanks everyone, it is sure nice to know I am not alone. I am leaving for my flights in a few minutes and my stomach is in knots. I know this is the right thing for me, the only thing left for me to try. Prayers for everyone on this journey.

I was very nervous prior to surgery. It's ok, you are having major surgery and making a life changing decision.

My coping mechanism the few days before surgery was thinking they wouldn't be able to do it or my insurance would suddenly deny me out of the blue.

I lost four pounds in one week prior to the pre op diet because my stomach was so flippy and acidic I could barely eat.

Hi !

I am in my hotel tonight with t-minus 8 hours to my surgery! Excited, ready and wanna get this done. Nervous? A little. Worried? A little. But ready! See you all on the flip side.

Peace!

Hi !<br> I am in my hotel tonight with t-minus 8 hours to my surgery! Excited, ready and wanna get this done. Nervous? A little. Worried? A little. But ready! See you all on the flip side. <br> Peace!

I'm right there with you. In this ugly smock..waiting! I was hyped before I got here, now I've had plenty of waiting room time to think lol. Good luck!