Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks post op and have stalled.

I stalled for almost a week and was down another pound today. I'm trying to increase my exercise to burn calories and tone. I have some hand weights and an exercise band so I can exercise in my home or on the road with just the band. I love riding my bike and swimming but I can't do them as often as I'd like so I need to have an exercise option in the house. Im trying to avoid another stall if I can!

@@wendyt WAS SLEEVED JUNE 10 AND HAVE ONLY LOST 10 LBS, VERY FRUSTATING. DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET THINGS MOVING AGAIN BUT WAS TH INKING OF GOING TO THE liquid DIET.

I'm not sure, and please tell me if any of you other stallers have had or are perhaps having the same experience, but I may have found the reason for what seems like a stall.

Since starting to eat more foods, but in very little amounts, I mean I can eat about as much as what fits in a yogurt cup, I have noticed that my bowel movements aren't what they were before my surgery. Prior to surgery, I was very regular, but now that we are eating so little, it seems it takes a little longer to process what it is we're eating and our body rids ourselves of it. I said all that to say this....and yes I'm having to be a little personal....I believe my stall may be due to the fact that my bowel movement routine has been interrupted by going to the bathroom less that before. I'm alluding to this because I woke up this morning, pretty early with stomach cramps and after several times in the potty, in under the 224 mark, but don't feel it's over....ha!

Has anyone else noticed that you go to the bathroom a little less frequently and perhaps it's hanging around a little too long causing us to stall a little? Just saying and asking :) Hope everyone has a great weekend! God Bless you all!

I didn't think about that, but that's very true I'm not regular anymore either!

I stalled from Week 3 -6 and have lost about 11 lbs since my stall. I am 9 weeks from surgery today. I have decided to not let the scale concern me so much as today I am wearing a pair of size 20 jeans when I was in a tight 24 prior to surgery! Measure inches and you will be amazed how many you loose with the scale not moving!

Congratulations to you! YAY!

I didn't think about that, but that's very true I'm not regular anymore either!

I didn't think about it much until this morning. I mean I knew I wasn't going as often I as I had before, but when my stomach was acting out this morning....it sort of dawned in me that it's possibly the reason we are stalled. Let's see how it goes from here.

Although a lot of us struggle with being "regular", stalls are a part of the process. I just came off of a 2 week stall and was going to be disappointed if at my third weekly weigh-in I didn't see any movement on the scale but it didn't deter me from working the program. I was rewarded with a big loss. For whatever reason our bodies sometimes lose inches instead of pounds and if we just stay true to ourselves and the program it will happen! Hang in there everyone!!!

Thanks for all the info! I knew I was due for a stall but it is good to read that it is temporary and the losses will pick up again.

The weight didn't come on in a couple weeks nor will it come off that quick. Slower weight loss is easier on your body and skin. If your addicted to weighing yourself go take a short walk, dance to a song but do something instead of getting on the scale.

Stalls are common. I'm in one now but I know it will end. In the mean time I'm grateful for the weight I've lost and how much better I feel.

Good luck and think positive.

With any kind of diet plan there is point when you plateau and cannot seem to lose weight. What I have learned is that you have to change it up a little bit. If you eat the same things all of time, or just do the same type of workout, your body adapts to the changes and does not continue to burn the weight or build muscle..

@@Ccap221, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE BUT MY ISSUE IS I HAVE NOT JUST STALLED I HAVE NOT LOST WEIGHT SINCE SURGERY, HAVE GONE BACK TO Clear liquids AND STARTED OVER THAT HAS NOT HELPED. JUST VERY FRUSTRATED! WHAT DATE DID YOU HAVE YOUR SURGERY/

@@BLUE63 I am actually only ten days post op! I did have the lab and prior and lost over 110 lbs.. Then I Began to have multiple issues. The doctor suggested I have it removed... I gained 50 lbs back like it was nothing.. So then I got the sleeve..

I am sorry to hear of your problems...Have you had your thyroid checked?

You all are inspire me. I'm still pre op until July 3rd and was worried because I started at 316 lbs and started a 2 lbs loss a day, now for 2 weeks, I'm stuck and feel frustrated. I know it's process and cannot wait to change my life next week. I think it's amazing to see how successful all of you have been, it seems more natural to lose slowly than have an immediate change like that in our bodies. I'll be happy if I see any results right away and make the zip line weight limit at Yellowstone this year! keep up the great attitudes and moving forward!

I think your first stall makes you anxious because after years of failed diets, your insecurities return and you doubt yourself