Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins on pre-op diet? Uggh...

Did you take your multi-Vitamin, B12, b-1 (or whatever your doctor/NUT suggested) while on your pre-op diet? They wanted me to go ahead and start taking them. I RARELY get sick/nauseas, but I took my Vitamins about an hour after my Protein shake this morning and within 3 mins was vomiting. I'm almost scared to try again... I don't think I can get a "full stomach" on this liquid diet.

And what does this mean for after the surgery, lol? What are you all doing?

Edited by livingmore

I take B-12 and Biotin sublingual (under the tongue) and they don't bug me at all. I have the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand chewable multi-Vitamin and Calcium citrate. They are ok but I do sometimes feel a little nauseous after chewing them. I try to chew them quickly and get them out of there and then rinse my mouth really good... seems to help. I also take them with a little something in my stomach even if it's just a few sips of water-- haven't tried them just after a Protein drink. I've had other Vitamins before that made me vomit every time I took them... must be a sensitivity or something to one of the ingredients. So, I'd suggest trying another brand. Depending on where you bought them, you may be able to return them even if you've taken some.

Best wishes.

I have not done this but I probably should. My current multi makes me queasy if I don't take it with food, so I better start shopping around.

I was given the choice of taking two Multivitamins and a B-12 a day or one pre-natal and a B-12 (on top of the Vitamin D I have already been taking), so I bought the pre-natals. Those things are giant red horse pills. But, hey, one less pill. I don't have issues swallowing pills post surgery. You might try taking them with food if you can.

Also, try a chewable like Flintstones. Might be less barfy?