Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still on the medically supervised diet, and it's going pretty good. At my last appt, the nutritionist said to make each meal last half an hour or so. Not a problem, I can do that. And I know that's how I will be eating after the band. Also, to make sure I eat 2 protien Snacks a day. Also not a problem. I have been trying to eat those snacks in about 15 min. The tough part of the whole thing is getting enough Water. If I can't drink half hour before, during, and half hour after eating, that is taking up a large part of my day. How much water are you supossed to be drinking, and if you are only sipping with the band, how do you get all that water in???? It seems like they tell you to make sure you drink enough, but I think I'd have to be awake 24 hrs/day to get it all in. LOL. Also, along with water, are you supossed to be drinking Protein Shakes too? I'm so confused.

After being banded I've never had the first Protein shake. My surgeon says 80 grams of Protein a day and to get that I have to use the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored protein powders and still have trouble getting enough in.

I'm with you on the Water. My doc says I can count the crystal light, Decaf, unsweetened tea I drink towards my Water total. He doesn't require mine to be all water. Hope this helps you.

My surgeon says the same as Beachgirl's...decaf coffee/tea and other sugar-free/calorie-free drinks count. But I'd say at a minimum you should aim for 64 oz a day because Water is essential for weight loss. A lot of experts will say to drink half your weight in water ounces. For some of us that was just WAY too much water--I would have needed to drink well over a gallon a day...not possible! But, 64 is possible when you just find a way to work it into your schedule.

I had the same problem with the Water intake but then after using the fitday program,( http://www.fitday.com )I found I was getting my liquids. Also my doc says drink up to the meal then wait one hour after to drink again, I started setting a timer. It worked for me, you might try it. Good luck

Thanks all, for your advise. I don't have a problem with Water itself, it just seems like with all the water they tell you to drink, I don't know if I will find the time to drink it all, especially if you have to sip throughout the day. I know it is possible but is seems like if I have to drink it slowly I will not get enough. Oh well, I'll have to learn, LOL. Anyway, thank you all, again.

I'd rather drink Water than all that artificial stuff. Here's how I get it in, but everybody's different. I drink around a glass of water and a half first thing in the morning. Then I have Breakfast and don't drink anything for an hour. Then I drink a glass or two right up until lunch. Sometimes I sip and sometimes I just drink regularly. Then I have lunch and nothing to drink for an hour. Sometimes I forget my water in the afternoon, and then hurry up and have a glass and a half before dinner. I keep rubbermaid bottles of water in the fridge equalling 64 ounces so as I grab them during the day, I know how much I still need to drink. After dinner, I wait an hour and then drink whatever I have left to drink for the day. I just usually have one of those bottles with me wherever I go. But I'm not a sipper.....

I had the same problem with the Water intake but then after using the fitday program,( http://www.fitday.com )I found I was getting my liquids. Also my doc says drink up to the meal then wait one hour after to drink again, I started setting a timer. It worked for me, you might try it. Good luck

I've been using fitday for a couple of months now and I can't figure out where to track Fluid intake. Unless I add it as a food taken in (there is a category for water). Is that how you do it? I tried sparkpeople and I just didn't like the format, though they do have a fluid tracker.

You can put it under the goals but I think its easier to track using the food intake. I wish on the color wheel they would have put a color for Water.< /p>

Can you not drink caffinated coffee after the band? I am in the approval process and have gone 4 weeks with no sodas!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of myself. But I do like to have a cup of coffee each day.

:hungry: I just do not have a appetite at times, Sometimes I am so nauseated.Then some days I can eat. I am also having trouble drinking,I feel terible at times then a day or two later i am fine. Did anyone feel this way 4 weeks post-op? no fills yet.

Try keeping a bottle of Water with you at all times. I drink a cup of very warm Water in the mornings to help loosen my band and hydrate my stomach. Followed by a cup of coffee and my Protein shake. I sip from my 32 oz water bottle on the drive to work and throughout the day. It's always empty by the time I return home.

I keep a large glass of water next to me while watching TV or sewing and sip constantly. Like anything else, it will become a habit.