Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wearing a swimsuit - in a public place!

Well, just back from a holiday on the beautiful island of Majorca. For the first time since 1990, I wore a swimsuit - IN PUBLIC!

No-one stared or made any rude comments but I got a few admiring glances from guys. I swam in the sea and loved it, didn't feel self-conscious at all. I went out in the evening in short dresses with no sleeves and felt like a super model (I know that's stretching it a bit at 52 and being a little shortie but you get the idea!). I even walked along the seafront in a swimsuit and a sarong.

And I felt fabulous... Don't think I have had a holiday like it ever before in my life. I just enjoyed what I was doing, wasn't hot or sweaty or worrying about how I looked. Can't believe just how far life has come in only 14 months but it is all good.

Love my sleeve :-)))))))

@@Indigo1991 is that really you!?!? OMG - it's great to hear from you again.

Now you're wearing a swimsuit...in public. First your getting nekkid with a real man and no one fainted or ran away in fear (still one of my favorite posts) and now you're wearing a swimsuit. And you thought it was unpossible!

You are rockin' it, girl. Happy for you and proud of you!

Just reading the post put the vision of loveliness in my mind. So happy for you! I am almost 68 and just feel fabulous. 52 is a BEAUTIFUL age, I remember! May love and happiness follow your every move!

Yes, McButterpants, it's me!

Been stupidly busy in recent months, but should be back online a bit more again. Lots happening and all because my confidence is soaring :-)

Lol, still laugh at the getting nekkid thing myself. Now doing coffee dates to see if I can meet a nice man although recently I got rejected because I was too full of life for one old codger of 56 :-)))) I couldn't be happier to be thought of being a handful!

As for the swimsuit, as I was strutting my stuff on the beach, I thought of all my friends on BP cos I knew you'd understand the significance of doing something that others take for granted. it's a real big deal for those of us who have been big most of our lives. At one point, I was actually doing the happy dance on the balcony of my apartment, laughing and not caring who saw.

Changed days from the miserable girl who hid from the world...

LindafromFlorida, thank you xxxx

Edited by Indigo1991

Hey there, Miss Sexy Thang......who did you go with and how did you get there??????

Hey Miss Mac... Went with my son (who kept laughing at me as I paraded around in another new swimsuit) and I flew there... Only 2.5 hours from Edinburgh.

Absolutely gorgeous. Off to Milan next month. Now that's a place I wouldn't have considered going to a year ago. Lots of hotties there ha ha ha!!!!

Hope all is well with you x

Congrats on the triumph! Enjoy your newfound freedom on vacation and snap, snap, snap those photos to capture how you feel and not just how you look!