Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missy, I think I was 3-4 weeks? Ate Protein Bars sans nuts and shakes pretty much, Jello stuff. Then I lived on mashed spuds and soupy Beans for 2 yrs. Keep going! I cont to say the key is a baby spoon at a time, and work your way up or you may overeat and not realize it till you are sick, :)

Sorry but mashed potatoes would have been the furthest from my choices. My dr told me No potatoes, no bread, no rice, no pizza, no Pasta. 4 years later. I still observe that. I think a soft boiled egg or oatmeal would have been my choice. But as we all know. Everyone is different.

Cindy? Im sorry the name did not come up here. It is different for ea person, and had I been able to digest your items most certainly would have chosen them, as I explained in my story I ate the only things I could digest and do so to this day which hasn't changed much.

I got the clear from my NP about a week out for things like mashed potatoes. I stayed away from them and made pureed cauliflower, instead, but yeah, once i was moved to my soft food stage, thats when mashed potatoes were ok.

Are you post-op? Bc my doctor gave me a list of OK foods at each step in the process.

I will be two weeks post op Thursday. I've had mashed potatoes, I'm controlled portions, and I was just making sure I wasn't hurting anything! I never got a "list" of foods for each phase but I meet with my nutritionist this Thursday at my first post op visit!

Yea, I never had a meeting with a nutritionist. Thursday will be my first time. But the dr's office did give me a guideline and it just said anything I can up a straw. My plata toes have been pretty creamy, consistency of a thick milkshake, so that's what I've been going by. They say on day 15 I can start introducing solids. Like meatloaf, turkey chili, deli slices etc!!! It's just all so new to me and somedays I feel overwhelmed.

8 days and I started with refried Beans w/sprinkle of cheese.< /p>

Well ladies, keep plugging! I don't know if I was cursed to not be able to digest back then, and now, had I been able to eat normal, I would have stretched myself earlier most likely because as food addict know myself. Same now, I cannot digest anything much and have gained almost all back because sugar is one thing I can, so like another said, stay away from carbs even mashed spuds if you can as they turn to sugar. You can google much about people who struggle and have regained, I am thankful I read all that after or I may have been afraid to take the chance, but it is true a large % have trouble. God Bless you all and keep trucking!

Yes, the carbs is not what I need. Like I said, I get to start introducing solids on Friday so I'm over it already. And I can them concentrate on Protein and a larger variety of good! Thanks for all the replies! It's all so new!

You got this girl! This band takes a lot of work and you learn something new every day!

How many days post op did everyone start eating mashed potatoes?

Day eight, I was allowed to start eating mushies. Every surgeon has a different progression schedule. Follow the dietary guidelines set out by your surgeon and practice.

When I started the soft foods stage of the plan.

I was on liquids only 3 weeks post surgery. Then I went to soft foods like a scrambled egg and retried Beans. Tried to stay away from mashed potatoes. Didn't want to start bad habits on slider foods.