Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My plan says step 2 is clear non carbonated drinks Jello or broth but didnt realize this until just an 1hour ago!!! I was getting down 2 oz like every 3 hours of ensure and sipping Water thats about it this is more complicated than what i thought! Sorry of its tmi but did anyone had bm's?? I had one today but runny well liquids its all i have had sorry tmi :(

No bm yet but I am passing gas.

No bm yet but I am passing gas.

Yes and also passing gas since yesterday soo relieved the gas pain is going away i also walked in the grocery store today felt good but llittle energy

I am so glad you asked about BM.s. I have not either and started to worry. I am having much trouble with getting all the Fluid in as well. The gas has let up but still get sharp pains frequently.

Day 4: How many or how many ounces of Protein Shakes are you drinking? My book says 3 a day but that seems like a lot. What are you guys doing?

I am having trouble getting all the Protein Drinks in as well. Plus, the ones I thought tasted really good before surgery are kind of grossing me out now...bummer. I'm focusing mainly on getting Water in at this point and trying to slowly up my Protein intake.

One of my nurses told me it may take up to five days after surgery to have a bm, but so long as I was passing gas it was okay.

On starving too! I'm so tired of liquids. Wishing I was 3 weeks out so I can eat cottage cheese or scrambled eggs.< /p>

DITTO on starving! I make the Soup broth but then 20 minutes later, I'm hungry again. I've been drinking apple juice and Water but I'm so tired of it. Maybe next week will be better with Protein Shakes, yogurts, and cream Soups. Other than hungry, I feel pretty good. No complications whatsoever

My RNY was July 1 and I've been on a clear liquid and Protein Shake diet since then. The past two days I've been thinking about real food. I'm having cravings big time!

I know I can't risk damaging my pouch so I won't act on the cravings but I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling this, too. Is this what "head hunger" feels like? How do you differentiate between head hunger and true hunger?

And on the poop thread- my PA said it could be a week or more to have a BM. She says long as things are moving (gas) you're ok.

I was sleeved on July 1. I feel lucky that I am doing well. I have a fair amount of energy. I walked the dog, did some light laundry and vacuumed today. I am struggling getting in my Protein. Everything turns me off at this point. I am hoping by next week when I start the puréed stage it will be better. My nasuea seems to have gotten better today but still struggling with Proteins and even chicken broth. Skim milk and liquids are tolerable. Does anyone know when the burping will end?? I don't burp and this is ridiculous. I am a lady :-) and can not go back to the office burping after every sip. I know waking helps but as mentioned above I think I am doing well on my activity four days post op.

I was sleeved on July 1. I feel lucky that I am doing well. I have a fair amount of energy. I walked the dog, did some light laundry and vacuumed today. I am struggling getting in my Protein. Everything turns me off at this point. I am hoping by next week when I start the puréed stage it will be better. My nasuea seems to have gotten better today but still struggling with Proteins and even chicken broth. Skim milk and liquids are tolerable. Does anyone know when the burping will end?? I don't burp and this is ridiculous. I am a lady :-) and can not go back to the office burping after every sip. I know waking helps but as mentioned above I think I am doing well on my activity four days post op.

Wow!!!! Walking the dog already!! That's bloody awesome! I feel like a lazy butt now cause ive pretty much stayed in bed watching tv and lapping up everyone doing everything for me! I'm sick of the burping with every sip also, it's frustrating, and I'm hoping it's going to go soon!

And on the poop thread- my PA said it could be a week or more to have a BM. She says long as things are moving (gas) you're ok.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated..lol. Things are moving.

Ness, please don't feel bad. We all progress differently. I felt like crap but pushed myself. I think I over did it because late last night and this am I have increased pain. I will be taking it easier today.

It's day 6 and the gas seems worse today than yesterday. I get up and walk but it seems worse.my belly is so sore and distended. When the gas started passing the day before yesterday I started feeling really better. That was my last day on clear fluids. I'm wondering if it's the addition of the Protein Shakes. Has anyone else felt like gas increased when they started phase 2?