Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I switched from liquid to purée today. Never have a scrambled egg for Breakfast and puréed chicken for lunch tasted so good! How is everyone doing?

Haven't started purses yet. Next Monday I start...I never thought I would say bring on the puréed chicken...lol. Looking forward to the next stage.

Well I've had a major set back! I've been in hospital for the last 5 days with an infection! No leak but at infection around my stomach area! I wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and found myself sleeping a lot!!!! My partner came home from work and found me in bed running a really high temp! I was rushed to hospital and have been here since! I am getting discharged today! They treated the infection by hitting me hard with IV antibiotics and I was nil by mouth for 5 days! They spoke about getting me back into surgery to clean out the infection but thank god I didn't have to go back under the knife!!! Major set back though, I'm now back on fluids for 2 weeks! :( just my luck

I too have had setback. I'm still in the hospital after having to come back in last Friday. I had all the symptoms of a leak but fortunately there wasn't one detected. My doctor believes believes I probably head a small one that healed.I've been on lots of antibiotics away NPO since last Friday. Hopefully I go home tomorrow but I'm going home with a pic line so I can continue the intravenous food only for another 10 days. Then I start all over again with the Clear Liquids only. It's all so discouraging. I'm in deep buyers remorse.

Ness and Luna, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope that things start looking up very quickly.

I've started soft foods. I ate some chicken with white cheese. So good after a month of no solids. However I'm having incisal pain for the cut on my belly button. Anyone else having that. My Dr did tell me it would take longer to heal than the rest.

Luna I'm sorry to hear, I too have been having huge buyers remorse! We just need to get through this horrible part! 6 months down the track we will probably laugh back at it, even though I was close to my death bed! If I had of ignored the infection any longer god knows what would have happened! Please anyone, if you don't feel right, please see your doctor just to get checked out! It's better to be safe than sorry! Never ever would I wish upon my worst enemy what I just went through! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts xxx

I'm feeling much better. I really felt so much better when I stopped getting the iv antibiotics. I'm still on tpn and see the doc tomorrow. I'm hoping that will be the last of the nightly feeding and they'll pull the picc line so I can go back to work on Wednesday. I was only supposed to be out 2 weeks and I'm now on 4 weeks out. My biggest disappointment right now is that the tpn has caused me to gain 4 pounds since they started giving it to me. I started back at the beginning of the post options diet a week ago. It's hard to get still the Protein and fluids in, especially, when I'm really getting everything I need at night. I can't wait for a regular routine to start, but I'm seeing light way in the distance.