Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine starts today, too! July 1st cannot come fast enough!

I noticed quite a few members on here having their surgery on the 1st July! Would be nice if we could all stick together and help each other out throughout this 2 week diet! I started mine today! :)

I started the pre op diet today. It wasn't too bad except for major headache. I had my EAS Protein Shakes, Jello, Water, and beef broth.

Yay for July 1st!

Although at yesterday's pre-op testing, I learned I had only a one day pre-op diet of Clear liquids, I do not feel comfortable with a 58 year old liver (that has got to be fat) so I started my own liquid program today. I have had Water and chicken broth, will have a Protein shake for lunch. I do have a raging headache though.

Hubby is going through most of it with me, as a sign of support for me. Not to mention, he could use losing a few pounds. I am not asking him to give up his coffee though. I appreciate that he's being so supportive.

Good luck today!

Susan

Susan good luck with your surgery. I think it is good your r going to try to shrink your liver, but u need more Protein Shakes than u are doing . Mine is 6 a day ( using advantage edge , 17 gr protien, no sugar) also sugar free popsicles and jello.. My dr requires 2 weeks of this. Just thought it might help your symptoms to add more. Good luck!

The nutritionist gave me a Protein goal of 62 grams. I had 21 gr. for lunch. Will have a shake later for 25 gr. and then dinner ... oops, if I'm not careful, I'll be over on carbs in a minute. (I ended up with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup for 100 cal. and 21 carbs.)

Surg date of July 1,2014 so this is day 2 or preop diet. No been to bad so far , but I mentally feel like I have to eat food enough though I ann not very hungry.i have been drinking a ton of Water so far and relying on crystal light .

Edited by nmccarthy

Well day 3 for me is here! I feel a bit better today after I had a bit of a mental break down last night! But still haven't cheated! I am also allowed to have the Optifast chocolate mousse desert which I found a great love for last night! Really took the urge off having to need something sweet! Energy levels are a bit low, but I am just taking each day as it comes!

The only Protein Shakes I can tolerate are Syntrax Nectar so I'm all set sweet-tooth wise. I'm just plain old hungry! Drinking plenty of Water, so that's good. Onward and upward!

My surgery is scheduled for 7/1 also. Luckily I only have a week pre op, so I start next week.

Almost done with day three. I feel hungry and a bit discouraged. Hoping tomorrow or the next day will be better.

I'm a July 1st sleever also. Day 3 was better than day 2, had bad withdrawals yesterday. Just taking it one day at a time is all we can do.

Day 4 of of 2weeks pre op liquid diet. It seems like each day gets a little better. Made a Protein Shake using my EAS shakes this morning which was a little more filling than just drinking them straight. July 1st hurry up!!!

I did the same this afternoon using almond milk and put the probiotic along with liquid Vitamin in my shake. And July 1st needs to hurry up!!