Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week diet started today!

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled to have my surgery on the 1st of July! Today I started my liquid diet and can already tell the massive emotional effects taking place! I'm pretty sure the caffine withdrawals have started as I have a bad headache! I just need to stay positive and look forward to the outcome! But deep down I wish these 2 weeks would be over and done with!! My dietician is allowing me to make my own chicken Soup for dinner which I'm really happy about!

I just started my two week pre op diet today.i am a little worried as we have birthday parties and graduation parties the next few weekends. I am going to take one day at a time . You can do anything for one day. Before you know it surgery days will be here . Good luck

The preop diet is difficult. Eac day it will get easier, the second week will be much better than the first week. Caffeine withdrawal sucks, it will only last a day or two:) good luck to all of you

I just found out my surgery is July 1st too!!! Start the pre-op liquid tomorrow:/ had my last restaurant meal for awhile tonight! We CAN do this!!! Looking forward to the after! Taking my before pic tonight to keep me motivated! Good luck!

I am scheduled for surgery June 30th and I started my liquid diet yesterday. I was previously scheduled for May 28th and was a week into liquids when my doctor broke his back. So, almost a month later and with a different doctor I am starting again. I found Swanson Mexican tortilla broth. It is a little spicy so it is a nice change from all the sweet Protein Shakes.

I have my last weight in July 3rd then I'll find out when my surgery is.

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled to have my surgery on the 1st of July! Today I started my liquid diet and can already tell the massive emotional effects taking place! I'm pretty sure the caffine withdrawals have started as I have a bad headache! I just need to stay positive and look forward to the outcome! But deep down I wish these 2 weeks would be over and done with!! My dietician is allowing me to make my own chicken Soup for dinner which I'm really happy about!

pre-op diet will start tomorrow.Surgery June 30th. I excited, but worried that I won't be able to stick to it. But I will work it one day at a time.

I was more afraid of the two week liquid diet than the surgery. The key to success on the two week clear liquid diet for me was PEBBLED ICE! Day two and three were the hardest! Sucking on pebbled ice (you can buy bags of it at Sonic drive in restaurants) seemed to calm the hunger feeling form my stomach. I had the sleeve done two days ago.

I had surgery on May 20, 2014. I found the 2 week liquid diet to be very challenging but I conquered and feel very good about it! We had Mother's Day celebrations, birthday celebrations and graduation celebrations during that 2 week period. Lots of eating out, but I would take my shake with me and try not to be distracted by HOW much I wanted to eat what everyone else was eating. It really was hard, but I was determined to NOT cheat (and I didn't). At each meal that I didn't get to eat, I took a picture of what I was missing out on as a reminder that I was STRONG and I overcame my wants.

I was only allowed to have Carnation Instant Breakfast, so by the 2nd week I was really tired of sweet stuff. The day before surgery, I was allowed to have broth and I enjoyed it very much!

Stay strong! You can do this! It helps get you ready for what's to come after surgery too!

Hello,

My preop diet started ... today is the 4th day. I am having a hard time. I cheated once already a little. I took a bite of the dinner I was making the family. My oldest daughter(she is 14) said she will cook from now on to help me. I am also going to buy things that I know I will not eat to cook for my family. My date is July 2. I am excited but having doubts. I have already in 4 days have lost 5lbs. :)

So I'm at day 4 now too! And feeling really good today energy wise! Last night I had 1 too many Vitamin C tablets! I couldn't help myself! They were so yummy and sweet! But I paid for it big time! I'm now down 2 kilos! I look at the scales completely different now...I see a loss and it's like goodbye forever!!!! No more yo yo dieting!!! I think this 2 week challenge is more mentally draining than anything else! I keep fantasizing about my favourite foods....but then have to remember that they are the reason I'm here today!! My plan is to jump on my treadmill tonight! I need to find the motivation to jump in on the exercise!

<p>Hello, </p> <p> </p> <p>My preop diet started ... today is the 4th day. I am having a hard time. I cheated once already a little. I took a bite of the dinner I was making the family. My oldest daughter(she is 14) said she will cook from now on to help me. I am also going to buy things that I know I will not eat to cook for my family. My date is July 2. I am excited but having doubts. I have already in 4 days have lost 5lbs. :)</p>

I have my son cooking for me now also to take the temptations away!! It's great when they want to step in and help :)