Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, 2 more days until go time. Getting a little tired of drinking shakes and Protein Water all the time! I want a steak, grilled chicken, salad, etc, etc.

post-238057-14265963945672_thumb.jpg

Hi, just curious how the 3 new post op sleevers are doing (Christylynn72, Tammy DTM, and Fortknox78 )...Hope you're all getting along very well..and congratulations on you're new life journeys :)

I am not having any pain just finding it difficult to drink all liquid. Still have a bad taste in my mouth. I am guessing that is normal for awhile. I finally got some Protein down yesterday with protein Soup.

@@duffslove

Hi there! Thanks for asking!

I, too, have a terrible taste in my mouth. I think it is from the artificial sweeteners in the Protein drinks. I can't stand artificial sweeteners of any kind.

As far as weight loss goes, I am doing well. I've been at the same weight for almost a week now.

It has been hard to get the Protein in because of the sweetness issue. I am open to suggestions for non-sweetened Protein Drinks or powders.

Also, have had frothy saliva and my stomach feels frothy, if that makes sense. I'm on Omerprazole twice daily and I still have to chew a couple of Rolaids during the day.

I'm going through some things, but all in all I am glad I had he surgery. I know that things will improve.

Hey all...surgery went extremely well. I have 6 small incisions and are hardly noticeable which is cool. Yesterday was absolutely horrible. The gas pains almost sent me to the ER. I was up all night moving in to different positions hoping to get rid of it. Without being to gross, today i let out a GIANT who know what and was amazed how much better i felt.

@@duffslove

I, too, have a terrible taste in my mouth. I think it is from the artificial sweeteners in the Protein drinks. I can't stand artificial sweeteners of any kind.

As far as weight loss goes, I am doing well. I've been at the same weight for almost a week now.

It has been hard to get the Protein in because of the sweetness issue. I am open to suggestions for non-sweetened Protein Drinks or powders.

Also, have had frothy saliva and my stomach feels frothy, if that makes sense. I'm on Omerprazole twice daily and I still have to chew a couple of Rolaids during the day.

I'm going through some things, but all in all I am glad I had he surgery. I know that things will improve.

GNC unflavored whey Protein powder is sweetener free, I havent tried it, so no idea if it's easy to take down, but i have tried their other flavors. and you could talk to your surgeon and try a different PPI..Im taking pantaprazole, its working well for me..there are several of them, and they work differently, it may be an option. And i also use Gas X sometimes as well. And yes, i had a bad taste too, it will go away soon..it was weird, Water was actually sweet to me too.

Good luck to you, best wishes

I am not having any pain just finding it difficult to drink all liquid. Still have a bad taste in my mouth. I am guessing that is normal for awhile. I finally got some Protein down yesterday with protein Soup.< /p>

Yes, it's very normal..great job with the protein soup, it'll get easier...for the first few days to week, i had to sip warm liquid which was chicken broth protein and warm Decaf tea with Protein Powder :) Best wishes

Edited by duffslove

Hey all...surgery went extremely well. I have 6 small incisions and are hardly noticeable which is cool. Yesterday was absolutely horrible. The gas pains almost sent me to the ER. I was up all night moving in to different positions hoping to get rid of it. Without being to gross, today i let out a GIANT who know what and was amazed how much better i felt.

Glad your surgery went well, sorry about the gas. I dont know what PPI they have you on and whether you're taking any gas med, but my surgeon has me on Pantaproprazole and I can have Gas X as well. All PPI's work a little differently, you may want to talk to your surgeon and see if there is something different that can be done to help your gassy issue. :) good luck and best wishes

Edited by duffslove

@@duffslove

It has been hard to get the Protein in because of the sweetness issue. I am open to suggestions for non-sweetened Protein Drinks or powders.< /p>

GNC unflavored whey protein powder is sweetener free, I havent tried it, so no idea if it's easy to take down, but i have tried their other flavors. and you could talk to your surgeon and try a different PPI..Im taking pantaprazole, its working well for me..there are several of them, and they work differently, it may be an option. And i also use Gas X sometimes as well. And yes, i had a bad taste too, it will go away soon..it was weird, Water was actually sweet to me too.

Good luck to you, best wishes

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Isopure unflavored whey protein powder over the weekend and it is a much better option for me. I have not had any artificial sweeteners since Friday and that sweet taste is gone from my mouth today. Also, I have noticed that the "foamies" have gone away also.

I have never been an artificial sweetener user until I started this journey. I don't think my body likes those particular chemicals. I even tried Stevia, that didn't work either...

Anyway, things are looking up!

I made some thin Soup with chicken soup unjury. I used one can of northern Beans, 13 oz of chicken broth and 1 scoop of Unjury. I boiled the Beans and chicken broth for 20 minutes. Then I let it cool and added the unjury. I then put everything in my nutribullet and blended until liquid and smooth. Then I divided it into 3 oz servings. It seems to work and it isn't sweet. Also I can get down chocolite banana Protein shakes. It seems not to be sweet as some shakes.

Tomorrow I go back to work and then follow up with my regular doctor in the afternoon. I will be doing walks at 10 am and lunch with my coworkers.

Congrats to you that have recently had the surgery!

I was questioning every day my decision up until about 3 weeks post-op.

I finally got some energy back and the flavor options that open up as you advance through the diet are a lifesaver. It is amazing that so little food can fill you up (my head still wants more because of the flavor, but I'll have to work through that on my own).

Two significant changes I have had (except for the weight loss) is a total loss of my tolerance for drinks that are sweet in any way and horrible cotton-mouth when I wake up each morning even though I am getting 60+ oz. of Water every day.

Two weeks and had a cold since Sunday. I am super tired and having hard time getting Fluid down. When did the bad taste go away?

I'm from Webster city and used Dr ver steeg

Dr Ver Steeg did my surgery! He is great

@@christylynn72 Hi there! We have the same surgeon! Dr. Lamasters is great, isn't she?!

I am 5 weeks out and am still suffering exhaustion. I have to nap every day. I get in all of my Water and Protein, but not the exercise so much. The bad taste left my mouth after I quit eating and drinking stuff with artificial sweeteners. I now use unflavored Protein powder. The bad taste will go away after you start eating a bigger variety of foods. I still have yuk-mouth in the morning though. Go to the support meeting next Saturday and ask the nutritionist about the fatigue.

Hi, I'm from Cedar Rapids and one week post-op today! Pre-op weight (3/12) 302, CW 275 (4/2). The range of emotions this past week has been crazy. I'm so happy to say the tide has finally turned and things will be going better from here! I'm also super excited for week #4 of Clear liquids -haha ????

Keep up the good work, fellow Iowans!

Edited by deetz71