Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about being "finished" with weight loss

Bella bloom I am still in the puree stage so really have not eaten many carbs calories between 350 to 500 maybe as I get full with 2 oz of food and drink to shakes ... I will be patient hope it all works out

Omg....I've been really trying to figure out how to slow down my weight loss. .I'm almost 3 months post-op. ..48 lbs to goal. ...I have lost 83lbs...from HW ..and 50 lbs since surgery. ...I love working out. . Trying to add more calories. . But just not hungry. .I know I'm crazy for wanting to slow down "rapid weight loss surgery"...especially before hitting goal and a year post op!!!

Congrats to you all for wanting to be healthy. I would look into support groups as well as discuss these issues with your doctor. I also would look into seeing if I could have skin removal approved by your insurance and doctor. I am not at my goal weight yet but I look healthy and i am happy i am 5 feet 11 and I now have a hour glass figure . I had a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair at my 1 year post rny goal. I work out 6 days a week and I have begun strength training. Talking to other people who have had to struggle with their weight has proven helpful to me . Although sometimes we see the fat person in the mirror it is just our insecurity . Everyone kept telling me that I was skinny and had a great figure and I could not see it until recently when I saw my reflection in my work door that is mirror . Stay focus and concentrate on one day at a time. You got this and you can do this. Good luck.

The same here. Everyone keeps saying I'm too thin. But I'm so afraid of gaining it back and was told after two years you gain back between 10-20 pounds then level off. Is this true?

Hi everyone,

Before I begin, let me say this, Please don't get angry at me because I remember thinking that people my size complaining about this were ridiculous and trying to get attention. It made me angry that they called themselves fat when I had so far to go. But after being fat for my entire life, it is so hard to see anything else.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is in the same place I am. I. Have lost over 150 lbs. according to the doc I am beginning to be underweight but my BMI is still 19.8. I don't know what to do because it is so confusing to go from "lose weight or you'll die" to "you need to stop losing and maybe even gain a few lbs"

Please don't think I'm whining or complaining, I'm just confused. I still feel overweight and there is extra skin on my stomach, arms and legs that looks like fat. So it's hard to say " ok, that's enough, I'm happy with what I've lost" because I'm not. What do you do to change the way you see yourself when you see a fat person still and they see underweight? I had my surgery 2-6-13 and I was 287.7 then. I'm 5'9" and 134.4 now in a size 3. . I'm 37 and it has all been spent obese except about a year in my early 20's and even then I was 200 lbs.

Is there anyone else who is finished losing who is struggling too? And even if you still have weight to lose, do any support groups talk about this issue? I'm not in one. Please help if you can and please don't be angry at my post, I'm writing with sincerity.

Thank you if you read this, Kat

I really sympathize with your post and I'm wondering how are you doing? I wish more people on here would discuss this topic.

I've really struggled and am still struggling with entering maintianence. My BMI is about 18.5 and I'm still losing although slowly. I'm as thin as I want to get.

The problem in having is the fear of gaining weight back. After such a hard journey to lose weight it's so hard to up my intake and stop. I've even questioned whether I've developed an eating disorder or whether this is just some post traumatic stress over what I've been through over weight.

After having weight loss as a goal for so long, and finally achieving it, there is such a good feeling in seeing the scale finally going down- it's hard to give that up. It's hard to say, I'm done. Because it was something we wanted for so long and couldn't get.

I hope your doing okay and please message me if you ever want to talk.

Hello everyone those who are afraid of gaining wright please remember if you are working out at least 3 times a week and eating with Portion Control you should be fine . You have to burn more than your consuming . I know we are all afraid of regaining weight and just as important as loosing weight . Focus on one day at a time and making good choices you got this .

Hello everyone those who are afraid of gaining wright please remember if you are working out at least 3 times a week and eating with Portion Control you should be fine . You have to burn more than your consuming . I know we are all afraid of regaining weight and just as important as loosing weight . Focus on one day at a time and making good choices you got this .

Ha ha if only it were that simple! The only time I've gained weight since surgery was the last few weeks of marathon training! And my portion sizes were small... Lots of hunger and carbs!

i haven't had surgery yet but i am worried that once i start losing it will be hard for me to stop ive wanted to be small my whole life that im afraid it will either ignite my bed or my bulimia

Bella bloom I am still in the puree stage so really have not eaten many carbs calories between 350 to 500 maybe as I get full with 2 oz of food and drink to shakes ... I will be patient hope it all works out

Niki are you getting all the Protein and Water in each day? It seems like not meeting those goals can cause a slow down for many people.

Update since my last post down 92 pounds cant wait to get to 100 then 80 more to go hoping by 6 months from now can get to my goal..

i haven't had surgery yet but i am worried that once i start losing it will be hard for me to stop ive wanted to be small my whole life that im afraid it will either ignite my bed or my bulimia

It's not going to a be problem with BED. It's basically impossible to binge at least in the first year.

Bulimia could definitely get triggered. Read some of my story, and email me if you want to talk.

Kat, I am in the exact same boat. I'm about to hit the underweight category and it's really strange. Part of why I will hit that category is because I have about 10 lbs of excess skin. So my 135 lb frame is really a 125 lb frame which is why people think we look frail but the scale seems normal. I know I am supposed to eat more times a day but I am finding that tremendously difficult and not due to a mental fear of being fat but a side effect of surgery is just not being very hungry. Like you, I don't like myself naked in the mirror but I see skin and fat because I have a lot of it for my little body. I am not building muscle through fitness and can't afford skin repair surgery. Know that you are not alone. This does not make me anorexic or have body dysmorphic disorder. It is reality. The goal is to add strength training and to eat more which is tough bc I just opened a business. One thing that does help me which is free is guided meditation. It may sound woo woo but here is what I'm learning: to lean into struggle, to be kind to yourself, to let go of expectations, to feel gratitude, to live in the present. 10% Happier and Headspace are great apps to try.

Oh, wow. I could of wrote your post. This where I am at right now! :( at the bottom of my BMI. My surgeon wants me at about 140! I can't got back to that weight. It terrifies me!

I am happy for a response from anyone's point of view. As you say, I know that my weight is " healthy" for my height, yes. I hear the number and it sounds great. But I am very unhappy with what is left of my body because it still looks fat to me. It's so hard to explain. I guess I had unrealistic expectations about how I would look. And I just feel like its so hard to wrap my head around them telling me that I can't lose any more. I am so used to always having needed to lose.

I find all kinds of support for those that regain. Yet, very little support for those of us that have become or have Anorexic tendencies. Which is what is happening to me.

Get professional help. I went through a phase where I couldn't eat and was becoming too thin. My doc explained to me the trajectory I was on and in truth I felt crappy. That was years ago, I am now Maintaining a weight that is healthy for my body type and frame and living a great I've that isn't centered around the scale or the lies that the dismorphia tells you. Life is so much better if you can just live it, enjoy your good health, be strong and active. Just trust me on this one and seek help before you compromise your health and happiness. Hang in there, we did not go through all this, just to trade one set of food issues for another!!!!