Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3: May 27-31st Sleevers

Really glad I found this group. My surgery was on may 29th

I am back at work and feel as if I cant focus on anything! lol

I also am feeling a little constipated and have started on mushy foods, which don't seem to be going over that well. Is anyone exercising, if so, how much?

I have walked twice so far.... one mile at a time. I am not a walker. I like classes at the gym but have not restarted the classes yet. Maybe next week.

Start weight 189 Surgery weight 183 (sleeve date 5-29) Current weight 167.5 Doctor gave me ok to purée can chicken egg salad etc. what sort of recipes are u guys following for these purees? I see someone said egg salad is good, curious about what u mix it with.

Oh and started back to work today, was not as bad as I feared, even being on call.

Edited by tiredtwinmommy

I gotta get on mfp. Since I have yet to eat anything I haven't bothered. Lol

Yes recipes please! I start puree Wednesday.

Should we technically be in week 4? New thread? Lol I'm lost! Everyone is doing so great! I've walked almost every day since surgery at least one mile( usually 2-3) I went back to work last week and just did three 4-5 hr shifts at the salon. I have also been to the gym twice- just for extra cardio!

Also- I'm also in mfp- sh3iz there also! Does anyone use the recipe option there? I love it. I usually weigh the end result and put my "recipe serving" size as the total ounces n when I eat it I can portion it out by the ounce. Like if it weighs 15 oz total I say it's 15 servings(even if it isn't) and if I take two ounces I input 2 servings-- easier then calculating cups or whayevr

Edited by Sh3iz

For puréed recipes, I've done homemade: hummus, mashed Cali mix w cheese Soup, fruit baby food which goes bad in 24 hrs but is so good and sweet, blended chili both beef and chicken, blended thick Soups like veggie and minestrone I have a sweet potatoe I am meaning to bake. You can purée anything w a little Water or broth or such. I was warned to avoid Pasta rice bread (obvi) corn peas and fruit skins

Google purée recipes apparently it's common.

I have been cooking a lot of crock pot meals/soups. The family can eat it and I can mash mine up like a puree really easy as it is already soft. I just got a crock pot recipe book from the library to try new meals.

Jajmj07 on MFP. Can y'all try and add me!? If you need email it's jajmj07@yahoo.com

Well I plan to get some chili and yams- I really need some potassium, my cakes are tempting a bad Charlie horse!!

Had a new shake tonight. Matrix mint cookie. Yumm! Still only getting about 500 calories, but it's the best I can do. I'm doing 2% milk to help with that.

I'm still living on the chicken we grilled yesterday, had warmed, grilled chicken with some roasted peppers and onions for lunch and dinner today. I'm trying to keep my Protein up and each meal was about 7 grams of Protein.< /p>

Thanks to World According to Eggface site, I made my own parmesan crisps in the oven, flavored with a little dried rosemary and I had a couple as Snacks around 4. We eat late and it is usually 6 hours between lunch and dinner and I'm supposed to have a snack or meal every 4 hours and these crisps make a nice change from applesauce or yogurt.

Hw 355

Sw 350

Cw 325

Finally down 30lbs!

My husband and I just bought a NutriBullet tonight so we made some butternut squash Soup and puréed it up in there. So yummy!! Lots of good fruit and veggies you can purée and drink. Definitely will help keep us healthy and on track. Hoping everyone is doing well!! :))

SW 207

CW 188

Doing great. Tried shrimp today. Just chewed chewed. Tip: set you fork down in between bites. It helps with remembering to chew. tuna , chicken and egg salad all work too. Getting 70 plus Protein in. Up to 50 oz Fluid. Finding that I am able to eat right at 3-4 oz. Where was before it was 3-4 tablespoons. Walking a lot . Not exercise until all sites are not sore. Just have one sore area still.

I'll post a new thread tonight for week 4 and put up our total losses so far!

If you didn't weigh yesterday do it today so we can tally!