Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3: May 27-31st Sleevers

Everyone has lost so much since surgery. I've only lost 11 pounds and the scale hasn't moved in four days. I trust the process and I'm getting all my Fluid and about 70g of Protein a day, but I just hope I'm not one of those really slow losers...

We are in the same boat. I'm I down 12 lbs since the 29th. I had a 5 day stall. It's moved slightly the last few days. Ounces still matter. This is when I would of thrown in the towel before cause it didn't seem worth it. I'm glad this took is here to support me.

I am in the soft food stage. Feeling really good but today I am having a blaaaaa day. I started walking last week and walking 2 miles a day. Down 11# since surgery but feeling the weight loss. After 36 hours after surgery I have been virtually pain free. I do think I am going to resort to Water proof bandages for my drain incision and get in my pool this weekend. I think I need sunshine now.

Surgery the 27th. Down 21lbs, feeling really good. Eating Soup, yogurt, shakes and cottage cheese. Feeling satisfied so far!

As of today, I am twenty pounds lighter, and in the 160s for the first time in almost ten years. I am 4'11 (or five feet zero depending on who is measuring me). I still have apnea even though I lost weight and went through the utter hell of apnea surgery about four years ago. Still taking reflux meds, but I get this weird gurgle feeling up and down my esophagus after eating- like I need to burp but can't. I am on full liquids until July 7 when I am allowed solids (was sleeved May 29), but that includes purees yogurt and pudding at least so not too bad... Head hunger is the worst, my family eats regular food and I smell it and want it, so I have to go into another room until they are done :) no pain but I have been so tired. I start back to work Monday and go right on call, so I hope I have more energy by then!

I really love this thread, seeing that issues I have are normal is comforting. It is interesting though how different we all are as far as post op diets are concerned. This is a very kind and supportive group so glad I found u guys!

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe it's been over two weeks out now. I feel amazing! I still can't get in my liquids but I'm trying every day. Here's my stats: HW 355 SW 350 CW 324 Whoop!! Can't wait to be back in the 200's!! Good luck ya'll!!!

Welcome mrsfritz :)

Saw my Nut today. Water and Vitamins all good but Protein low and need to step up my exercise to more than 20 -30 mins walking a day. Today I went out on my bike and it feels more like the kind of exercise I enjoy.

Took granddaughter to lunch today at Noodles where she had my former favorite, mac and cheese and I ordered a side of pork loin. We came home and I ate some meat wrapped in a piece of swiss cheese but couldn't more than 3/4ths of it.

Went to dinner with friends and I ordered a side of grilled shrimp. When the plate came, it was so much I had to laugh because there were so many. I ate 4 med shrimp with my knife and fork taking tiny bites and chewing well and my husband ate the rest of the shrimp with his steak. Being in a restaurant isn't hard and the food at the table didn't affect me but I didn't drink any Water at all when I got there because I thought my food would get to the table within 30 minutes. But, my husband had an appetizer and it took awhile to order so I went without drinking over 45 mins and I was so thirsty so hardest part of eating out is judging time it takes to get food! Then just as my 30 mins were up and I could drink again after eating, everyone was ready to leave so I took a couple of drinks of my water and was glad that my new habit is to always carry a bottle of water with me!

I wasn't sure how I'd do with grilled shrimp, but they were good and settled well. I knew to stop when the gurgling and hiccups started which is good since it's hard to measure food when you're out.

Today I was a bit disheartened when I reread my diet plan and realized my doc has me blenderizing everything for another 2 weeks, here I was thinking I was moving to soft foods aka chewing yes! I was so convinced, I had an egg for Breakfast and 2 grapes (skinless) and a 1/4 slice of deli ham for lunch before I realized my error. Good news is I didn't have any negative reaction. And I get to keep putting my blender to good use.

I move from liquid to puree Wednesday. I'm going to have the insides of an overbaked sweet potato! yumm

Better to take it easy and go slow than risk a leak or break.

How is everyone doing?? I just sent a cup of broccoli cheese Soup through the nutrabullet for dinner. Just 2 more nights of liquids and I can have some puree... I see Beans, chili and sweet potatoes . I hear egg salad is actually quite good purreed. And I have some canned chicken so I might try some chicken salad too. I have to do puree while in Vegas, will be a challenge.

Whats everyone eating?

I didn't update weights and names because everyone was weighing all over the place. LOL If we can do day of surgery weight update from weigh in MONDAY that would be great, it will be easier to see where everyone is. AND I want to tally how many pounds we lost as a group!! How long until you think it will take us to reach 1000?? I bet we are already over 200!

So when you get up tomorrow morning, go to the bathroom then weigh! Hopefully we can get a good tally :)

I'm not doing so well ... I went and saw a NUT today and she said in eating toooo few calories ... That I shouldn't be on mashed food yet and that I need to sort of regroup/restart

I'm going back on liquids today ... I had about half a bowl of chicken corn Soup last night and felt sick .. It's my bday though so I got cake and I had some which made me feel worse as I started picking at it ... Defo my trigger food is sugar I'm like a monster now I want more !!!!

I'm also on shark week so that might contribute I haven't lost weight in 5 days but the nut said it was because I was eating too few calories and had to try and get 800 in

My doc and nut have me on mushy/chew it really thoroughly foods. I'm fine on calories but need to increase my Protein. I had some grilled shrimp for dinner Friday night, Saturday I ate some fajita chicken pieces I got at Whole Foods and it was soooo good. I also picked up an ono fish kabob to grill today and it was good but more on that in a minute...

This morning we went with kids to Breakfast and I ordered a piece of ham with a piece of swiss cheese melted on top. I cut up a few pieces for myself and gave the rest to my husband and the kids. I probably ate one bite too many because it's hard to measure food in restaurants. To fix this, I bought some little plastic bowls and am going to mark 2, 3 and 4 Tbsp and carry it with me to measure my dine-out portions. I was uncomfortably full so had a Protein shake for lunch.

Tonight, when my dinner was ready, I was hungry and could not resist the fish that I love. I ate too much and will spare you the details but I had a hard time breathing for a minute, was sick and miserable for a short period of time. I can't believe I ate too much at home but I was literally pulling hot, tasty grilled fish off of the skewer and eating like it was a month ago. Sigh.

Oh my I can't imagine 800 calories yet. It takes at least an hour for a Protein shake that is less than 200calories and I can't get 2 of those in a day.

If I had to see a nutritionist they wouldn't be happy with me. LOL But I got LOTS to burn so for awhile I'll just let that do most of the work!

Hi everyone, My name is Donna and I had my sleeving down on the 30th May. I live in a really small town in Victoria, Australia. Im glad your all doing so well. I get a little confused because I weigh in kgs not pounds. I went back to work today. Monday is only a half day for me which is great because I seriously needed a nanna nap before getting kids from school. Im eating mashed veggies and meat cut up finally. My dietician is saying after Thursday week I should be eating anything. Looking forward to having everything the same for our evening meal. Good luck everyone looking forward to hearing about your journeys. :)

I asked my surgeon how many calories a day I should be aiming for, and he told me there was no minimum. I can't imagine getting 800 right now unless I really stepped it up with more fats. Right now I'm averaging between 500-600 calories and 70-75g of Protein (and all vegetarian: don't let them tell you it's not possible!). I hope to get to 80g a day by the end of the month. The nutritionist I want to see has not gotten back to me about an appointment, however, and I don't know if she'll tell me something different. Honestly, from here I mostly just want very clear instructions about when to take which supplements. There's so much conflicting information.

Day of surgery - 5/28 - 280

Current - 267

Edited by jajmj