Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, my name is Becky. This is my 1st message on a forum ever. I am stressed out and need some guidance. Here is my story..

I am 29 years old. Was banded 3 year ago very successfully (lost almost 100lbs and was running and everything). The top priority for the banding was because I wanted to get pregnant and couldn't due to my polycystic ovary syndrome. So 1 year after banding and 98lbs down, I was expecting my baby girl. Thats when things turned. They emptied my band and I gained back 40 lbs during that 9 months. In the mean time, I was in nursing school. Stress out the wazoo. (I just graduated in May with my RN). Because of school, raising my family and working full time, I fell off the wagon. I did get 5ML's put back in my band, but have been eating around it, stress eating, and drinking high caloric drinks. I am now only down 27lbs from my original weight and SOOO mad at myself. I just dont know what to do next. Do I try to get filled again (is 5ML's enough?), do I see the nutritionist, or do I just start over. what do i do?? When I'm eating I do feel full, but the fat person in me decides to drink with my meals and push through it until I clean my plate. Has anyone started over successfully?? Just looking for advice..

sorry to hear of your stress mounting up so much

we all seem to have triggering events that somehow the Stomach Beasts thrive upon

and to some extent we all start over every day, in that each opportunity to make a good eating choice vs a bad eating choice, really IS what the actually point ~I~ have to focus upon.

Why caloric drinks at all? Can't be for mere taste, as non-caloric drinks are available.

Can't be for nutritional needs, as your regular meal plan and considerably now-elevated educational process can demonstrate.

So we have Bad Habits and Old Unfinished Issues that lead us into such irrational eating behavior.

There are a few easy steps in changing what you drink away from the caloric stuff to something better suited for your purpose.

Each day take just ONE step back in the direction of your own lost goals, as now you have fewer distractions from achieving what you want.

12 years ago I was headed to 400 #, and didn't make it. At surgery my goal was 225. I haven't made that either.

Success or fail? I have no time to stress over wouldda/couldda/shouldda.

I have only what I choose to put in my mouth. Yes, sometimes that is a stress. The JOY is, each time I bend my elbow in a way I ~AM~ "starting over".

You know what lead to your weight loss before. Now is the moment to take that step toward that goal once again.

You can do it.

I am only a few months out, but this week I am going back to a 5 day pouch test before my next fill on the 17th...I know I am way off track and need to get myself regulated again. so maybe trying to start all over again-get out those papers or get new ones about those first few weeks and start again. we will be doing it together...we can do this I just know we can!

Thanks Guys. I know it is sooo mental, the things that I am doing. I go from waking up ready to start the day off right and as soon as a hot button issue hits (ie, bills are late, kids are fighting) I start thinking "f it!". @@Jack, the caloric drinks were mainly alcoholic beverages and coffee drinks that I know better than to be drinking. This Sunday I started on my journey again. Started doing the Couch to 5k thing (thats what I did before and really enjoyed it). I am thinking about doing the pouch test also before getting my band filled. I know I can do it again!! Thank you guys!!!

How old is your baby now? I could have almost written this (just sub nursing school with living with my MIL and trying to buy a house!). I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy and only lost 20 after the birth. I was not getting in hardly any Water, eating whatever I wanted, and had basically forgotten what it was like to ever be a good bandster. My baby will be 13 months tomorrow and It wasn't until my last fill (under fluoro) that I have finally started to feel in the green. As bad as it sounds, it really took being in the green to motivate me to follow the rules better (not to a T, but close!). I am back on My Fitness Pal (add me if you want! erinistehawesome), trying to get my Water in, and keeping my portions down. Granted, now that I'm in the green, I don't have a choice and I feel miserable if I eat more than a cup of food. Of course, there are days (like today) when I am constantly wanting to eat (stupid period!) so I will eat a little something, wait an hour 2, eat more, etc. It's bad, but I'm trying to keep it healthy. Celery and PB, carrots, apple, swiss roll (oops!). You don't need to jump in head first, just change a few things at a time.

Also keep in mind, is not going to go super fast! It took me 18 months to loose 97 lbs. Slow and steady and consistency! Please add me on here and everywhere else and we can be 'just a baby' buddies!

Sounds like you've forgot how this all works? Here's a refresher course to familiarize yourself with your band.

I highly recommend you go back to your surgeon and nutritionist for a reset. But, in the meantime, watch/read this:

http://drsimpson.net/video/video_1/video_series_1.htm

@@Erin, my baby turned 2 in april. I have been so bad with this! But your right. i need to get back in the green!! i made an appt to get a fill. i really didnt want to go back before i made more progress. for some reason i dont want them to judge me (i know sooo silly!!) but i sucked it up and did it so next week i will see them. i have started working out but i still graze way too much.

Thank you for the refresher. I am going to get back in the boat. i have lost it all :/

You can get it back!! I still have days when all I want to do is snack and go over my calories but you can't undo what's done so you just have to realize your mistake and try to do better the next day!

Getting in the green really helped my control but it's not perfect!

Good luck!

@@anewbec You can do this if you want to. Do you want to? Are you ready to make the commitment to yourself again?

When you become a mother, the YOU learns to take a back seat to the children, to the family to what's right for them and the future. I know I have been there and I have done and often I still find myself doing that even though my children are now grown ups.

It's not a bad characteristic, your a nurse and dedicated to helping others and making others feel safe and secure and well. You now need to take all that you just learned in becoming an RN and apply it to YOU.

Make yourself a patient who needs some TLC, and who needs some health care. Take care of your needs the way you would want to take care of your patients and make sure they have all that they need to be well and happy.

If you can start with that mind set, your more then half way there! Go back to band basics for a bit. Stick to it for a few weeks. Eating tiny bites, taking 20 minutes to eat your meals. Eating in a "food" designated area. All those things we don't do everyday that help us cheat ourselves out of the life we want to live.

Reset and if your having a bad day...cause stress can do that to you far too often. See if you can find a spot that is all about you and reset. Take a breath shake it off and move forward again from that reset spot.

Sometimes for me that place is in my car, outside for a moment and even in the ladies room if that is the only place I can find a second alone. We are not failures and every moment provides us with the another chance to make it the way we want it.

Ready....? Deep breath...reset and move forward.

Hi, my name is Becky. This is my 1st message on a forum ever. I am stressed out and need some guidance. Here is my story..

I am 29 years old. Was banded 3 year ago very successfully (lost almost 100lbs and was running and everything). The top priority for the banding was because I wanted to get pregnant and couldn't due to my polycystic ovary syndrome. So 1 year after banding and 98lbs down, I was expecting my baby girl. Thats when things turned. They emptied my band and I gained back 40 lbs during that 9 months. In the mean time, I was in nursing school. Stress out the wazoo. (I just graduated in May with my RN). Because of school, raising my family and working full time, I fell off the wagon. I did get 5ML's put back in my band, but have been eating around it, stress eating, and drinking high caloric drinks. I am now only down 27lbs from my original weight and SOOO mad at myself. I just dont know what to do next. Do I try to get filled again (is 5ML's enough?), do I see the nutritionist, or do I just start over. what do i do?? When I'm eating I do feel full, but the fat person in me decides to drink with my meals and push through it until I clean my plate. Has anyone started over successfully?? Just looking for advice..

same issue here, and i need a good advice on how to cut back bad food from my diet.. especially sugar and sweets!! :(

same issue here, and i need a good advice on how to cut back bad food from my diet.. especially sugar and sweets!! :(

Not an easy thing to do I know. I am one who likes the "reward" and celebration of having sweets. I try to substitue for them by having a chocolate shake, or a Protein bar.

It's something we have to work on minute to minute...there's not quick and easy answer :(

i was doing great, before getting pregnant

then suddenly i was indulging few here and there, but after i had my baby till now i feel i am under alot of stress :unsure:

i grab everything sweet around.. :angry:

my son is 3 years old now the last year was the worse

i am so afraid of gaining back the weight i lost.. already everyone think i am a failure! :(

Well first things first mama, GET RID OF THOSE SWEETS! If they are around, get away from them! I'm currently pregnant again, so my sweet tooth is through the roof! I try to balance it out. I'll eat grapes and drink some Water and then see if I want something else (like chocolate). Sometimes the urge goes away, or I get busy and don't have time to sneak a sweet treat...or sometimes, I just don't want to share with my toddler :)

i was banded december 2010 i was 97kilos

got pregnant october 2011 i was 69 kilos

when my baby was born july 2012 i was 75 kilos

i dropped few kilos in the following year 2013

then in 2014 i started gaining and gaining weight and now i am 82 kilos

i never did an unfill on the band even during pregnancy i was fine with it the way it was

i had though 2 refills after delivery to a total of 6.5ml out of 10ml

i have a good restriction i dont eat much i am unable to eat without chewing very very well..

anyways solid food is not an issue, just the sugary stuff i just want the will not to buy and eat any anymore!!

Boy. Shopping really is 1/2 the battle for me. I try to shop in the am if I can. I'm not so hungry... If I buy it and it is here, I will eat it. Even years out, everyday (like lisacaron said) is another chance to make good decisions.

Some days are better, and I do think not having something in the house I will eat a lot of ( sweets for me) helps me get thru the day????