Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Idenity crisis!

I don't want this to come off wrong! So I've been at my "goal weight" for a little while now. People have been saying to me, "omg your so skinny" and " don't loose anymore weight". Well of course I don't see it. I haven't exercised in 2 weeks and I've been trying to eat more in hopes of maintaining my current weight. Well I've lost another 5 pounds. I'm not complaining but I'm lost. I really don't want to get an unfill because I feel like it is perfect where I am now. And the past couple days my "pouch" feels irritated. So I think I'm going to stick to mushy and liquids for the weekend. But I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I don't want to lay off the Protein because my hairs been falling out pretty bad so I'm trying to stick with at least 60 grams a day.

Honey, if I were you id get myself to my Dr. !! Anytime you're not eating and exercising and you still lose 5 lbs AND you're losing hair, thats a sign of something that your Dr . needs to know about. Everyones body is different, but losing hair is not normal if you are eating right. Hope all goes well !

Pink Dahlia is right. Make an appointment with your doctor and your nutritionist to see what you're lacking in your diet to cause the loss of hair?

Let me add(edit) that if you're 5' tall, I wouldn't sweat 5 lbs. You may be at your goal weight but I wouldn't be concerned about more weight loss unless you get down to under 120? But still check with your doctor!

Edited by 2muchfun

I had a similar concern, but I did not loose hair.....

With the band, we live a particular lifestyle....new eating habits, new foods, etc....

we also set goals, for ourselves, but they are our goals....not always the correct goals....

I became fat by living a very unhealthy lifestyle....I am now skinny and fit by living a new lifestyle.....

I had set many goals for myself, and kept right on loosing past those goals that I set....I asked my Dr. when will this stop and he told me when my body feels like it wants to stop, based upon my new lifestyle. A lifestyle that I will have for the rest of my life....

It's not a diet as in the old where I can start - stop it when I want....it was life changing surgery....

It did stop loosing eventually....on it's own, and settled into a good healthy weight for me....I do not rely on BMI's, rather I get a Body Analysis done now and then...cost me $15 at the gym, where among other things, I can see what my body fat % is...and my lean muscle mass, Water content, bone, etc....and it's all good, if not excellent.

Frankly, I would like toloose another 5 lbs...but there is nothing left too loose except muscle...and that would not be good.

I see 3 Dr,'s on a regular basis...my PCP, my cardiologist, and my gastro surgeon, and they all agree I am healthy, and have no ill effects from my weight loss....

And because of my past medical history, I continue to get full lab work every quarter.....

So yes, if your hair is falling out, and you lack strength, I would say this to your Dr.

But I have learned that our goals, and what our bodies say where we should be, are 2 entirely different things...

And as far as people commenting on my weight loss, etc...it all stops eventually....people start to forget I was ever fat, and over the years I meet new people everyday who never knew I was fat....so now when I get a compliment, such as "You must work out...I can see it" it is a real sincere compliment, not the patronizing lip service from people who needed to say something during my transformation.....And the compliments I get today are the best of all....because they're real!

Edited by B-52

I think I will most def call my surgeon Monday. I did go a couple weeks ago to my pcp and had a whole blood panel done and everything came back great. I started taking the Biotin a couple weeks ago also. I've always had thyroid issues so my hair has always fallen out but it seems to have gotten worse. I know it's common with weight loss but I didn't think It would be this bad. It's not noticeable but it bothers me lol. I am down to 123. I know that for my height the "normal" weight is 113 or around there. I just started getting concerned when people tell me I'm too skinny. Tho yes I do enjoy when I meet new people and they can't tell that I was ever fat. What I basically started doing is eating 5 times a day instead of 3. Maybe once I start getting back into my normal exercise schedule things will go back to normal :/

I can totally relate. People tell me to stop losing too, but I'm not trying to lose, it just happens!

I don't want to get an un-fill either so I'll just keep to the small protein-packed meals like you do and stay where I'm at.

I did lose hair to but it's coming back, although not thick like it used to be. I'm still happy, this is where I want to stay. Thanks for sharing.

@@rigonj I'm right here with you, I posted something similar to this last week. I haven't been losing hair but I'm also wondering when the weight loss will stop and like you said I'm not complaining just trying to figure it out, I don't want to look sick, like something is wrong with me:-) @@B-52 your post made me feel alot better! It makes sense, we're used to being able to start and stop when we're on a diet whenever we decide to and now our lives have changed. My thought is that I weigh 140 and am 5'1" which sounds heavy according to the charts, BUT I'm currently in a size 4/5 pants and I bet you I have close to 10-15lbs of excess skin so once that's removed I may be in a 2, which I've never been in my life. It just makes me a little nervous because everyone around me is telling me I'm skinny and that if I lose any more weight I won't look right, man talk about one extreme to the other. When I talked with my dr. he wasn't concerned, he just told me to add in some more Protein Snacks throughout the day to up my calories????

Thanks for sharing this! It makes us all feel better to know were not alone! Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out please.

Edited by enjoythetime