Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op..doing ok...still lots of pain at large incisions sites when getting up and down or trying to sit. Ive been trying to walk as much as possible. I am having a hard time getting Water in, not because of nausea or anything...I sip sip all day but I just don't feel like im getting very far. Also came home from hospital 10lbs heavier that really sucked all those iv fluids and gas. I can't wait until I can sleep on my side again..sleeping on my back with a million pillows is getting old, lol. Has anyone experienced Diarehha? I have it and don't understand how because I don't have food in my tummy. Just broth, Water and alittle Protein drink.

I guess I'm lucky, I've been able to sleep on my sides since I got home - no major pain from my incisions. That sucks that you gained so much from the IV fluids! I didn't gain but I had expected to lose from not eating anything and didn't so I figured it was all the fluids they pumped into me.

I did experience some diarrhea yesterday for the first time, as well as my first bm.

My biggest issue is I feel SO weak. I'm having trouble getting out of bed. I haven't really been doing the walking that they want me to do because I'm afraid I am going to pass out. I'm not actually having any trouble getting my Protein shakes in so I'm not sure why I'm so weak. I need to call the dr's office today because I think they screwed up my 1 week follow up appt. They scheduled it for 7/2 - that would make it a 2 week follow up! Maybe that's not a big deal, I'll call and see. Anyone else still feeling really weak???

Good news is I'm down 3 1/2 from surgery weigh in :)

I have been feeling pretty good. I couldn't handle the liquid pain meds the first couple of days but was finally able to stomach them. I feel like I should be walking more than I am. That is my goal today. I am getting fluids in pretty well. My doctor says not to worry about Protein as much this first week as staying hydrated so getting my liquid in is key. I got 48 oz + yesterday. I am having some gas pain in my chest still. It can get intense at times and almost make me want to throw up. I too am getting tired of laying on my back. My back is killing me. My incisions are a little sore. Really just the main one in the middle, the biggest one. Hoping my story sounds about normal. I like to overthink things. So to me the soreness inside my stomach that I'm still feeling is a bad sign? Is it?

How are we all doing to start off the week. Me not so great with Protein today almost lost it. I got some Unjury powder packs so going to try that next time. Can't believe I did ok with it till today. Looks like all the IV Fluid is gone and I'm down to 294. Yay a week ago I was 306 day of surgery 300 so I'm on a good roll. I tired to do more with my 3 year old today and I'm really sore so took some pain meds and resting now.

Hi ladies - how are you feeling today? Are you able to lay on your sides yet? I'm still struggling with energy and still feeling so weak! I hate this feeling! Other than that I feel like I'm doing pretty well. The weakness is keeping me from getting all my walking in though. I'm only able to get a couple of minutes in at a time and I'm not going often enough to get the full 20 minutes a day. How are you ladies doing on your walking? Do your docs want you to walk 20 minutes a day?

1 week post op today... I was feeling pretty good but as of late evening last night I don't know if I turned wrong or lifted something I wasn't suppose to but my main incision hurts like hell. It feels like the first day of surgery. Im worried but just taking it super easy. Follow up is on Friday.

Hi ladies - how are you feeling today? Are you able to lay on your sides yet? I'm still struggling with energy and still feeling so weak! I hate this feeling! Other than that I feel like I'm doing pretty well. The weakness is keeping me from getting all my walking in though. I'm only able to get a couple of minutes in at a time and I'm not going often enough to get the full 20 minutes a day. How are you ladies doing on your walking? Do your docs want you to walk 20 minutes a day?

yes finally can sleep on my sides last night YAY. I feel overall good still struggling on Protein I have noticed vanilla flavor makes me gag but the Unjury chocolate splendor I could handle so just ordered some more if that. I am walking at least 20 min a day and trying to get at least 2500 steps on my fitbit. I go back to work tomorrow and my good old husband is my taxi driver (dr says no driving the first 2 weeks) plus he needs to carry my backpack.

1 week follow up with my doctor, everything looks great and I'm down 14lbs this week! Yay!

So happy! On to full liquids and I even had 3 bites of yogurt for dinner!(glorious after a week of clear liquids) So happy I did this so far!

YAY! I feel like a slacker though...lol did anyone gain a lot of weight in hospital? I was only in for 1 night and came home 10lbs heavier, I finally lost those10 lbs but only lost 3 after that....I hope this doesn't mean I will be a slow loser

1 week follow up with my doctor, everything looks great and I'm down 14lbs this week! Yay!
So happy! On to full liquids and I even had 3 bites of yogurt for dinner!(glorious after a week of clear liquids) So happy I did this so far!

YAY! I feel like a slacker though...lol did anyone gain a lot of weight in hospital? I was only in for 1 night and came home 10lbs heavier, I finally lost those10 lbs but only lost 3 after that....I hope this doesn't mean I will be a slow loser

I also gained 10 in the hospital and since being home lost those 10 and 3 extra as well. I'm not going to stress as we are adjusting to a new life still.

Just stopping by to check in on all of you, so how is everyone doing? Me still struggling to get Protein in today I actually blended it with frozen berries and I got it all done. They are all tasting sweet to me and making me gag. I did try to go back to work yesterday and after 3 hours I was pooped. My boos said go home and don't come back till Monday. Hoping I can make I they he day then as I need to process payroll. The rest of next week I'll most likely work from home. I just weighed myself and I'm down 20 lbs. holy smokes it feels good. I hope you are all doing well.

Just stopping by to check in on all of you, so how is everyone doing? Me still struggling to get Protein in today I actually blended it with frozen berries and I got it all done. They are all tasting sweet to me and making me gag. I did try to go back to work yesterday and after 3 hours I was pooped. My boos said go home and don't come back till Monday. Hoping I can make I they he day then as I need to process payroll. The rest of next week I'll most likely work from home. I just weighed myself and I'm down 20 lbs. holy smokes it feels good. I hope you are all doing well.

I'm so glad I have extra time before I have to try to attempt to deal with work. I don't think I could deal with the stress right now! I'm glad your boss recognized that you needed to go home!! How was yesterday?? Congrats on the 20 lbs down! As of this morning I'm also down 20 :) I'm on the pureed phase as of Saturday and will be for 3 weeks. I'm still getting my Protein in through 2 Protein shakes a day though. Since the Premier Protein has 30 grams I know getting 2 of those in - I've got my min of 60 grams in. Any more from any other source is extra. My biggest issue is getting in my walking. My hubby and I went down to Baltimore for the weekend to go to an Orioles game and I got quite a bit of walking in on Sunday. But now my legs are so sore I'm having trouble just getting from one room to the next in the house. Getting 20 mins of walking in a day has been a struggle for me. I have my first follow up appt tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll get in trouble about that even though everything else has been going well....

I'm so glad I have extra time before I have to try to attempt to deal with work. I don't think I could deal with the stress right now! I'm glad your boss recognized that you needed to go home!! How was yesterday?? Congrats on the 20 lbs down! As of this morning I'm also down 20 :) I'm on the pureed phase as of Saturday and will be for 3 weeks. I'm still getting my Protein in through 2 Protein Shakes a day though. Since the Premier Protein has 30 grams I know getting 2 of those in - I've got my min of 60 grams in. Any more from any other source is extra. My biggest issue is getting in my walking. My hubby and I went down to Baltimore for the weekend to go to an Orioles game and I got quite a bit of walking in on Sunday. But now my legs are so sore I'm having trouble just getting from one room to the next in the house. Getting 20 mins of walking in a day has been a struggle for me. I have my first follow up appt tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll get in trouble about that even though everything else has been going well....

yesterday went good but man I was so worn out by the time I went home. My husband is picking me up early today. My dr moved me to stage 3 soft foods so I can have scrambled eggs, deli lunch meat turkey, mashed potato or sweet potato and pouched fish (don't like seafood so that is out). Man a scrambled egg as so good to eat and chew something. :) good luck at your apt. My next check up is in 3 months.

Just wanted to check in on everyone and see how we are all doing 6 weeks out. I'm down 27lbs been stuck for a few weeks. I have one incision that is being stubborn and not fully healed and this is part of why I can't do a fully work out or swim. My dr stitched the inside closed and used glue to close the skin. Well the glue is gone and the scab fell off but on area part of the stitch sticks out. So he trimmed it and now more is sticking out. It is not dissolving like it should and keeping the incision fro closing all the way. On Monday I move yo normal goods which I'm excite but nervous as well. I hope this finds everyone doing awesome. :)