Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you miss most after Weight Loss Surgery?

Into black ops myself. Love the zombie maps. Spend hours playing with the kids!! Love playing borderlands too.

Edited by kimba6999

I don't miss anything...just doing my best to stay on target with all the do's and don't's...but if there was one thing I do miss it is my Pepsi Max, but I'm over that relationship as well!!!

I mainly miss guzzling a lot of water! I love Water. In fact, my very first post to this site was about that.

Secondly I miss the actual act of "pigging out" eating a lot of food. Oddly, that is what I do miss; I liked to eat "a lot of food."

But I am soooooooo happy being a smaller size, and looking great, being sexy, etc., that I am adjusting to this new normal.

I also miss actually cooking full meals, and not using my spices and marinades, etc. But again, it's a new normal, and doing all that food was how I mostly got fat. So...

I sometimes wish I could pig out "just for two meals" but, of course, that's impossible. So... All is well.

Edited by Dr-Patient

for a very brief time I missed gin & tonic (i stopped all alcohol after gastric bypass because I don't want the calories). now i don't miss it. in fact, i miss NOTHING pre-surgery. I am 1.6 months post-surgery. I very much enjoy the new way that i eat. I enjoy not drinking alcohol, eating bread, consuming white sugar, eating white rice. i find that i enjoy my food more than in the past. my eating is more mindful. i am learning new tastes and new foods. it's fun.

I havent had surgery yet, but the one thing I will miss the most is my large size. I wont really be able to intimidate people, sounds weird now that I read what I typed. I guess its an ego thing or macho image im not ready to give up yet.

I do miss diet soda and I do have like a few sips here and there when I am out with my family but I don't have much cause it hurts. I dont deprived myself from anything but I do control my intake. One thing for sure my appetite and cravings have diminished so for now I just stick to what I can tolerate like eggs, cheese, soy milk, ground meats, fish, Peanut Butter, Protein Shakes, yogurt and drink lots and lots of Water. I do have ice cream like weight watchers stuff once in a while or had a small scoop of coffee ice cream from my moms bowl. For me this surgery is a tool to lose weight, get rid of old habits, establish new good habits...that's the idea.

I love everyone's responses on here! I am new to this site and I love reading what other people have gone through. I think that "what do you miss the most?" Is the most common question people ask me - they can't grasp how I just completely go without certain things.

I'm with you guys....I don't miss it when I look at my health and life now versus before the surgery!

Not saying that I don't crave things sometimes and I do have dreams about certain carb heavy foods!!! But, I'm so much happier without them.

Beer. I'm not gonna lie. My brain misses beer..

...but the rest of my body does not! It's busy getting heathy and recovering from all the bad choices I made over the last decade!

Not one dumb thing, although I admit Krispy Kreme and the like, the occasional treat, would be nice.

Gulping down a lot of Water whenever I feel like it

Amen!!

The first month, I missed putting food in my mouth. I really did.

Now, at six months, I'm sometimes, sort of, and only when I'm procrastinating on something, I miss that full feeling.

This is something surprising to me, feeling (being) full is completely different now. Before surgery it was that low, in the bottom of your gut sensation, and now its up high, and uncomfortable. I know it's mental, and I probably need to do some work on this one, but other then that.. nothing.

Tell you what, the fact i can walk into a REGULAR clothing store, not hoping they have size 18 or so, because I can wear the sizes they have in stock.... that is AWESOME!

I'm not going to BS you.....this is an adjustment. I was "the big guy" the intimidating looking guy.......it has certainly played on my mind over the 3 months and 80lbs down.........but when you're in the store shopping in the normal guy section and changing tshirts because the one you have on is too loose, you will be happy.......I'm ok with being a normal size now......dropping 6 pant sizes feels good.....and having people tell you how fantastic you look feels good. Am I the biggest, baddest looking dude anymore? No.......but there are so many good things that outweigh the bad......there are more things to like than having big shoulders or being the "big" guy........

I havent had surgery yet, but the one thing I will miss the most is my large size. I wont really be able to intimidate people, sounds weird now that I read what I typed. I guess its an ego thing or macho image im not ready to give up yet.

<p>I went to the informational seminar the other night, and they mentioned you can never have soda. Ever ever again! I'm actually doubting my decisions because I love soda so much... :( He said that probably 90% of his patients that gain weight back admit to soda use. That's not worth it to me, but... still... :(</p> <p> </p> <p>What do you miss most now that you've had surgery done? Is it possible to live life without soda? What else are you living without that you truly miss?</p>

Not going to lie to you...I had surgery 2 years ago and I STILL miss my diet coke, but I gave it up and it's not worth the risk.

Is soda worth losing years off your life?

Myself and others drank a lot of soda and we don't now. Living without it. You can also learn how. I didn't think I could but Dec 8, 2011 made a believer out of me.

I miss club soda. However I think I drank it because I had GERD and did not know it. It helped settle my stomach. I miss being able to eat extremely fast, and eat so much that I fall asleep. I notice now I am more sensitive and my feelings are more easily hurt. Guess the armor of my fat served a purpose after all. I would do the surgery over in a second.