Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

first fill next week!

so, i'm sitting here working on month-end stuff and i look at the calendar and it hits me, my first fill is NEXT WEDNESDAY!

my NP was happy to schedule my first fill at 5 weeks post-op, versus 6 weeks, which i'm so grateful for! i've been eating 1/2 to 3/4 of food, and it really isn't holding me over. even my morning meals aren't holding me as long.

as excited as i am, this was the part of lap-band surgery that i feared THE MOST! going into surgery, i knew the worst part was going to be the IV, yeah i had some port pain/soreness afterward, but i've read some of these stories where the doctor can't find the port and it scares the s*** out of me to get stuck by a needle multiple times!

i absolutely HATE needles, someone PLEASE reassure me that these fills aren't as bad as i'm making it to be!

you're not even gonna feel the needle. my doctor rubs something on my skin that numbs it within seconds...so I never feel a thing..and everyone else I've seen talking about it on here their doc does the same...so no worries...

I have had like 8 fills and not one of them was painful. the port is where they put it and they know where they put their ports. the doctor may have you lay on your back and lift your legs and head and this makes the port really stick up. I have never had a miss or any finding of my port. it took about 2 min's because my doctor checks Fluid in the band before adding more. easy peasy. you won't have any problems don't be anxious about it

Hey Betty guess what??? I am the BIGGEST baby in the world when it comes to needles and I've had two kids:-) I literally just about pass out at the thought, BUT with that said this is easy breezy, truly It was fine. Of couse I don't love it but if I'm going to get stuck, this is the best kind to get:-) It just feels like a little bee sting. I just told the dr. not to show the needle to me and we would both be alot better off....hahaha

No worries per our support group here. My first fill will be in 3weeks which is a month post op. Let us know how it goes.

thanks everyone!! @@enjoythetime we're seriously the same person!

I don't mind needles as long as they are not going in me!

I, like you, had worked myself up to it being a real bad thing. There's nothing to it. Several little numbing shots (like a bee sting, but not as bad). You never feel the big needle going in.

It takes just a couple min and then they pull it out and put a band aid on it and your on your way. Going in for a fill tomorrow myself. Best of luck on your future weight loss.

Totally not a big deal. Rather fascinating actually. If you get to watch it on fluoroscope it's pretty cool. Betty, you have truly been through the worst part already.