Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having it done July 28th. I'm also experiencing cold feet. when I feel this way I watch all of the success stories on youtube. my friend introduced me to a friend of hers that had it done and said it was the BEST decision she has ever made. cold feet is normal. this time next year you will be happy you did it :)

I am June 11th too - when I have second thoughts, I dig deeper and I have been finding that my anxiety is over the pre-op liquid diet and then realizing that I will be on liquids only for about a month altogether with the post op stages. When I think of the possible end result and the issues the weight loss will address I get confident and happy. .. so try to focus on the end result, eyes on the prize and all that! It is helping me atleast :-D

aygad, on 01 Jun 2014 - 12:45, said:

I just got approved, and it is scheduled on June 11th.. Im terrified, im having cold feet!!!! What do i do guys?? Im talking to my wife and she is speechless.. She wants me to do it but shes scared too!!!!!!!

I remember the feeling of terror for my husband and myself as we prepared for surgery back in October, 2013. I remember the look on my husband's face in the final pre-op meet with the surgeon, and I told him he looked so scared. The surgeon said he should be scared. I said yes but if he does't have this surgery what will happen. The surgeon agreed, because of the terrible comorbidities he had. Together we were on 5 BP meds, heart stent, asthma, he had diabetes 30+ years, cellulitis, I was newly diagnosed diabetic, knee replacement, neuropathy, and neither one of us could walk a block. I do not know your age, but we are 67, and looked at WLS 10+ years ago and he was too scared and felt the other procedures were not safe. We looked at the sleeve several years ago and he wanted them to practice a little more on other people. If the sleeve had been available sooner, we would be in better health today. At least now I feel we have added a few years to our lives. We feel great, we just made a car trip from Florida to Kansas (his ankles did not swell like a balloon), and we are leaving Sunday for a 7 day cruise. The year prior to surgery we sat in the house, barely moving. Life has changed tremendously for us. I am down 60 lbs. and he is down 90 lbs. We would do it again in a heartbeat. The best part is not craving food anymore. We can drive all day, chew a few nuts or a piece of Jerky (almost 7 months post surgery), and for dinner, split a salad and have half of it left over. Now that is awesome! Best wishes!

I'm scheduled for June 16th. I don't know what circumstances led you to this decision, but I would imagine they are still valid. There are risks, as with any surgery so your fears are valid, notto mention, change is scary. This surgery will change your life.

I'm in the same phase as you, from the tone of your post. Excited to be having the surgery, ready to make the changes to be healthy, but also worried if I'm making the right choice.

Whenever I wonder if I should go through with it... I remind myself I've been overweight for over 30 years, and I've tried it all. I've starved myself, I've done Adkins, Weight Watchers, Anorex (the Phen in Fen-Phen), 'diet and exercise', Medi-fast, Slim-fast, Dexatrim... the list goes on. I found some success... for a little while. Then I would fall back off and gain the weight back.

I need this. If you need this, then be strong. Remind yourself of your reasons. Plan a flexible menu for after surgery, and buy some of the things you will need, Clear Liquids, shakes, protien sources, etc. Planning and getting ready always helps me, not only reduce the stress and worry, but pass the time.

Good luck! And check out the June 2014 surgery date thread. There are a bunch of us with June dates and we'd love to have you join our discussion.

Jennifer

P.s. Feel free to add me... we need all the friends we can get in this journey.

Thank you very much guys for all the support.. I cannot tell you how much i feel better now...

For people asking, i am 32 and i have been over weight all my life... I am feeling worse by the day.. Cannot move , breathing seems to be exercise..... I am fed up.. Although my BMI may not be that high (39) compared to other sleevers, yet i feel depressed all the time...

I think it is about time for change....

How do i find the "june sleevers" thread?? And how do i add any people?

Aygad, fill out your stats and stay awhile. Lots of nice people here, with help and the support you will need!

Also under "Forums" there is a new section called "Family and Friends (NEW!)" where your wife can go and make friends with other spouses, and learn also!

there are several june sleevers up in the Pre-Op board, possibly one here too, you can search for it.

best of luck to you, I go June 23 and after over a whole YEAR of deciding to do this, i too am nervous. not panicked or changing my mind, just a healthy level of nerves. it is a huge change we are taking on, and getting very real for all of us!