Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@ Doing pretty good. Today is actually my first day back at work in the office (Day 10 after surgery). I did go into the lactating mother's office around 11:30 and took a 30 minute nap. It was wonderful! I worked from home part-time Tuesday and all day Wednesday. Fortunately, that's an option for me.

I was released from the hospital Sunday with oral antibiotics to take this week. Feel ok -- just weak as a kitten. It did help that I got to progress to full liquids on Tuesday so I can finally get a calorie or two into the body. Between all the days in the hospital the first week, I think I only got about 80 grams of Protein the entire week.

I go back to see the doctor tomorrow. According to my scales yesterday morning, I'm down 15 pounds in 9 days. Nothing like starvation to drop the weight quickly! lol

yesterday was my 2 weeks post op. i'm down 22 lbs since surgery day. I have had no pain since i left the hospital at all and had lots of energy. But the last 2 days I have been soooooooooo tired. I couldn't even get up to drive my son to school yesterday. my body felt like a rock.

I'm only down 2 pounds from surgery day, just 3 days ago. I'm not obsessing about the scale yet. lol. But I do check every morning.

I'm just happy to be on the loser's bench and recovering well.

Are we all ready to rock this sh*t?

@@Writerjennifer LOL I love how you ended your post with "Are we all ready to rock this sh*t?" ROCK ON SISTA!

@@Ginger Snaps I am so glad you are doing so much better - very good to hear! When you say "nothing like starvation..." do you really feel starved? I am SO nervous that I am going to just be so hungry and miserable -_-

@ 22 lbs! Go you!!! You got this.

@michelle_rose Sorry - didn't mean to mislead you.... I don't feel any hunger really, I just know all the tiredness is a combination of the pneumonia making me weak and the very low calorie diet. I've been getting around 250-350 calories a day since Tuesday. I see the doctor this afternoon and I may ask if I can progress to the pureed stage a day or two early just so I can get a little more energy going. I'm not sure how much is from the pneumonia and how much from the severely low calories.

Even with that complication, I feel great -- better than I expected after abdominal surgery. No real pain at all except for the gas and pressure in the chest. The tummy and ab feel fine. Lots of noises down there though! :)

I'm VERY happy with how it's turned out and I'm looking forward to seeing the weight drop and finding out just where I get down to. I already had a coworker say something about losing weight -- I'm down 17 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I thought I'd be a slower loser because I was a relative lightweight for the surgery but right now, it's just melting. Drinking my lunch Protein shake now. :)

But, DO stock up on sugar free Jello -- best stuff EVER!!!! :)

@Writerjennifer -- I'm trying not to jump on the scale every day either but not being very good at it because right now, it's so positive! I didn't weight the first 5 days though... just didn't feel the urge and I know all the fluids they give you in the hospital bump it up a while. I only weighed that Friday morning because I was on the way to the ER for the pneumonia and wanted to just get a peek before they weighed me at the hospital. I was down 10 pounds. So, even though it may seem slow, it might just jump down a bunch overnight, too.

Obviously we're both way to early to start stressing over weight loss -- this is the time to heal and get used to a new eating plan.

Best wishes and I hope to see you around!

@@Ginger Snaps I am so glad you are doing so much better - very good to hear! When you say "nothing like starvation..." do you really feel starved? I am SO nervous that I am going to just be so hungry and miserable -_-

@ 22 lbs! Go you!!! You got this.

I had surgery Monday... I get hungry, but almost as soon as i start 'eating' (i'm still on phase 2 so more like drinking), the hunger goes away pretty quickly.

@@Ginger Snaps So glad you're feeling better. I'm getting about the same as you, calorie wise, but I've been sitting in my comfy recliner and not doing a whole lot (except I do try to walk around some throughout the day). At this point, I'm more worried about not getting enough Protein, I really don't want to lose my hair, I don't have any extra to lose.

@ Heck yeah!!

@@Ariellestarr I'm June 30th as well!!

I'm day 2 out of surgery. Tonight I noticed more pain and am running a temp of 99.7. The paperwork the dr gave me says call if temp is over 101. I'm worried. Any body else experience this?

@@Ariellestarr you're doing the lap band? I am having gastric bypass. Goodluck to you!!

@@Ariellestarr you're doing the lap band? I am having gastric bypass. Goodluck to you!!

@

I am! Same to you. I'm on day five of my pre op diet. Doing all right! I've lost a couple pounds already. Do you have a diet? Which one are you on?